• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

I installed theme switcher and its all working fine. Only problem is, where do I change background of categories - products page please? Its still standard, but because I have theme installed and am using white text, you can't read it. Are some elements still controlled by stylesheet, even when using themeswitcher? Thanks

Yes, some elements are still controlled by the stylesheet. Use Inspect Element in Firefox or Chrome to find the location to change.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Clarification of intallation...

Once successfully installed and wanting to add more themes, the instructions seem to say repeat the entire 3.3 section. Is that necessary, or is it just necesary to start at #7, meaning to add additional themes we simply need the new theme's folder...?

I've got a slight problem, if you want to view the site its at www.appypublications.com

I followed your excellent instructions and the install worked perfectly, but when I view my osc site I get the following error message:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Timestamp: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:07:09 UTC

Line: 18

Char: 207

Code: 0

URI: http://www.appypublications.com/ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js

Line: 18

Char: 207

Code: 0

URI: http://www.appypublications.com/ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js

I saw your answer to someone else with a similar problem and you told them to move these lines

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/bxGallery/jquery.bxGallery.1.1.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script>

below this line

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_tags'); ?>

I've done that and the problem has not changed.

Just so you know, I'm using a clean OSC 2.3.3, Theme Switcher 1.4.2, JQuery 1.9.0 and JQueryUI 1.9.2.

Can somebody please help me??

Edited by BazilH

I hate everything about web programming, give me C++ and MFC any day. Strangely enough, I love OSc.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for this any many other contributions and support.

XAMPP localhost test server.

Theme Switcher version 1.4.2 - but the mod shows 1.4.0 in admin.

osC verson 2.3.3

I replaced catalog/includes/template_top.php and installed all files as directed (pretty sure, I double checked).

I highlighted the module then clicked install.

Below is the list of errors I received.

I was able to edit the version numbers.

Also whenever I go to the module I receive the below errors (not just during the install process).

I re-read directions especially sections 3.2 & 3.3.

Seems I am able to switch themes though.

Any ideas?

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in C:\xampp\htdocs\Hobbies\catalog\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_theme_switcher.php on line 159
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in C:\xampp\htdocs\Hobbies\catalog\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_theme_switcher.php on line 159
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in C:\xampp\htdocs\Hobbies\catalog\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_theme_switcher.php on line 186
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in C:\xampp\htdocs\Hobbies\catalog\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_theme_switcher.php on line 186

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

@@MountainMan You only need to replace the jQuery and jQuery UI files if the ones on your site are older than the current versions. Otherwise you can start with Step 7 as you said.

@@BazilH The version of Fancybox that ships with osC is apparently not compatible with the newest version of jQuery. Try upgrading Fancybox to version 2.0, and let us know if that works.

@@jhande Find this line in includes/modules/header_tags/ht_theme_switcher.php:

$colarr[$col]['_' . $k] = strtolower($row[$col]);

and change it to this:

$colarr[$col]['_' . $k] = @strtolower($row[$col]);

Then this line:

$ret[$k][$col] = $array[$k][$col];

and change to this:

$ret[$k][$col] = @$array[$k][$col];

I might have to get more creative, but that is the quickest fix. It's not a real error in that it won't cause incorrect output; it's basically a technicality.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for your reply Jim I really appreciate your help.

I've upgraded to fancybox 2.1.4 as you suggested, the error message has gone now but the redmond theme is not being applied. I downloaded another theme and installed that just to see if it was the redmond theme but the new theme is not applied either.

I have tried moving those three lines of code back to their original position in case it was that but to no avail.

Any thoughts on the matter??

Edited by BazilH

I hate everything about web programming, give me C++ and MFC any day. Strangely enough, I love OSc.

Everything is ticked.

I've got a xampp server running for development purposes and I've a similar problem to the other chap, when I go to install the module I get loads of errors, but wierdly enough the installed edit box appears in install modules, if I click edit though it goes back to installed modules and it isn't there because it's not installed.

Sorry to harass you with loads of questions, but thanks for your ongoing help.

Edited by BazilH

Using View Source in your browser, check that the theme CSS file is being included and that the file exists. Also look to see if there is more than one theme file showing.

Regards

Jim

I couldn't edit my previous post, when I say everything is ticked, that is on the web server www.appypublications.com

The xampp server is in my office and is used for development purposes only, just thought I'd clarify things because when I read back that last post I got confused.

These are the only stylesheets being loaded, the fancybox stylesheet loads after the theme stylesheet could that be it??

<base href="http://www.appypublications.com/" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/960gs/960_24_col.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.9.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.9.2.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/trontastic/jquery-ui-1.9.2.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/bxGallery/jquery.bxGallery.1.1.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack.js"></script>

That is very strange. I set up a test site with the same versions of jQuery/jQuery UI and the same theme. Mine just works, while yours fails. The only difference I can see is the new version of Fancybox, which should just work. I'm stumped.

Regards

Jim

Very strange, I'll wipe the server and try again with all new files too make sure it isn't a dodgy file stopping it from working. Did you use OSc 2.3.3?? Thank you again for your help Jim.

Have you any advice for the xampp problem running theme switcher???

Thanks Bazil.

Edited by BazilH

Sorry, too many questions at once and I get lost. Your XAMPP problem also sounds like a corrupted file or a database error. If it's the latter, use your database management tool to remove all keys from the configuration table that start with MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_THEME_SWITCHER. Then you should be able to reinstall.

Regards

Jim

@@jhande Find this line in includes/modules/header_tags/ht_theme_switcher.php:

$colarr[$col]['_' . $k] = strtolower($row[$col]);

and change it to this:

$colarr[$col]['_' . $k] = @strtolower($row[$col]);

Then this line:

$ret[$k][$col] = $array[$k][$col];

and change to this:

$ret[$k][$col] = @$array[$k][$col];

I might have to get more creative, but that is the quickest fix. It's not a real error in that it won't cause incorrect output; it's basically a technicality.

Regards

Jim

Thank you so much Jim!

That cleared up the line 159 mess but I am still receiving a long repeating list of the 186 message.

Although it looks scary, should I just live with it or trouble you some more?

Again I truely appreciate your contributions and all the help you give to us.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

It's not really a serious error, which is why everything still works. However, I don't like error messages, so let's try to get a bit more creative here. Change that last line to:

$ret[$k][$col] = @ isset($array[$k][$col]) ? $array[$k][$col] : '';

That should make it shut up.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

I've just re-installed it using osC 2.3.3, theme switcher 1.4.2, jquery 1.9.0, jquery 1.10.0 and fancybox 2.1.4 and still the same thing, no error messages, everything ticked but no theme what so ever.

The server is running Ubuntu and it is by Webfusion, are there any known issues??

Are there older versions of files that you know work with each other??

I think its the files I'm using because I'm getting the exact same problem on my server as I am on my xampp server.

Thanks for your help Jim.

The jQuery 1.9x series seems to have a lot of bugs. I don't have a solution for this other than to use an older version of jQuery/jQuery UI (the 1.8 series shipped with osC 2.3.3 seems to work.)

Regards

Jim

Everybody bow down in front of Jim please and chant we are not worthy!!

I've got to give it to you fella, you know OSc better than you probably know your missus. The new JQuery files are as buggy as hell and conflict with theme switcher, I'm using the stock files that come OSc 2.3.3 and it is working like a charm, the only problem is that it is pretty difficult finding the JQuery 1.8.22 themes, if you have any they would be much appreciated.

One last question, if you don't mind, is theme switcher compatible with iOSc for Mobile Devices??

I would just like to thank you again for your extensive patience and valuable help.

Edited by BazilH

You can probably use the new themes, just number the CSS file in the theme to match your jQuery UI file. I've done this with one custom theme, so I don't guarantee it will always work, but it's worth a try.

I have copies of all the stock themes in 1.8.23 if the above trick doesn't work.

Regards

Jim

I've just tried downloading a theme but it didn't display unfortunately. If I could have those themes you mentioned earlier it would be very much appreciated.