• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for Design V2.3+

toyicebear

NO.... Its really not that many files...go to the first page of this topic and read on....

You dont expect people to read threads do you. You will be expecting them to search for their problem before posting a question next.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is for the design aspect, I thought I would mention a good starting place for background images, images, and buttons. This could give shop owners a good start point for design.

http://www.sxc.hu

Most of all the images are royalty free.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I have image icons of all the categories with a row of latest additions at the bottom, instead of the whole main page filled with latest additions?

You can edit index.php or install Modular Front Page

Hey guy's,

I'm new here. I run a forum and have a need for an online shop so I chose OSCommerce smile.png Glad I did. I'm not far off finishing other than these damn info boxes biggrin.png

I have been searching for hours but can only come up with things for pre 2.3 sad.png

Is there an easy way to change the colours? My site is at shop.talkheli.co.uk] I want to change the blue box colours.

Cheers in advance,

Tom

Hey guy's,

I'm new here. I run a forum and have a need for an online shop so I chose OSCommerce smile.png Glad I did. I'm not far off finishing other than these damn info boxes biggrin.png

I have been searching for hours but can only come up with things for pre 2.3 sad.png

Is there an easy way to change the colours? My site is at shop.talkheli.co.uk] I want to change the blue box colours.

Cheers in advance,

Tom

You can't have looked very hard...if you just go to the first post in this topic and start reading you will see how you can easily change box/button colors at the site...

You can't have looked very hard...if you just go to the first post in this topic and start reading you will see how you can easily change box/button colors at the site...

If he, like myself, doesn't know web programming, won't be able to tell what exactly we can do in the files there. In the first place, are those blue bars images or something made with code?

Is there anywhere we can find sort of theme packs for osC?

It seems that some are to lazy to read the info themselves and need it spoon feed, so here it is...

You can find information, download new themes or create your own themes at www.jqueryui.com

And that is actually from the very first post in this topic!

Wow, nice welcome.

I actually asked, "Is there an easy way......"!

I apologise that I harbour very little knowledge compared to you, but frankly, as far as I am concerned, that is not easy!!

Now, if someone is willing to offer any help on how to use jquery to achieve what I am looking for then I thankyou in advance.

Yes there is an easy way, unfortunatly you have to invest the time to read, learn and apply. The info is all there in the links provided. The alternative is to pay someone to do it for you.

This thread goes through all the steps to get you started.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Again, we don't know how this JQuery thing works or how we apply it. The first post did mention we can create themes for osC at JQuery website, but how do I start making a theme meant for osC? Or will any JQuery theme will work? If any JQ themes will do, what exactly does JQuery cover?

In any case, this thread doesn't seem to be for noobs, thanks for all the help so far.

Thanks Geoffrey,

As OXWIVI say's, I have hit a wall after downloading jquery, thanks for the help. I do not have the base knowledge or time to invest it seems so I will look for a paid alternative.

Thanks,

Tom

OSC already includes jquery. All you have to do is to replace a few files and change one or two bits of text.

Thanks Geoffrey,

As OXWIVI say's, I have hit a wall after downloading jquery, thanks for the help. I do not have the base knowledge or time to invest it seems so I will look for a paid alternative.

Thanks,

Tom

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thankyou Steve,

I edited /ext/jquery/ui/redmond/images/ui-bg_gloss-wave_55_5c9ccc_500x100.png using paint to the colour I wanted and it has worked :)

I now have a faint blue line round the boxes which I would like to get rid of but I have made progress.

Thanks,

Tom

I edited the line:

.ui-widget-header { border: 1px solid #000000; background: #5c9ccc url(images/ui-bg_gloss-wave_55_5c9ccc_500x100.png) 50% 50% repeat-x; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; }

in: /ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css

to get a black border also.

Good evening. How can i put an image to the header ,bigger than the original header width in osc 2.3.1 and then the system understand that?

I want to use the module header_footer module and and he can't underastand the size of the header....

Any help?

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

You can edit includes/header.php and/or stylesheet.css , but oscommerce 2.31 is using the grid960 system as default so a "header" image can not be wider than the site. (unless you set a body background image or change the "structure" of the oscommerce div layout ).

If you just want it higher you can set the header height higher in stylesheet.css and if its the "logo" then you will also need to change the height/width settings for the logo image in includes/header.php

• 3 weeks later...

I'm simply trying to get my banner to the bottom of the right column. All info I've found is for 2.2 I'm running 2.3.1 so therefor I don't have column_right(left). I'm supposed to be able to use template_bottom(I think-and have again lost but will find), When I added the banner code to the bottom of, template_bottom, nothing changed.

added:

<?php if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'link1')){?>

<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>

<?php

}

prior to the last <?

Thank you for any assistance

SS

I did look at that Jim, I don't have anything that will open a gzip. I was hoping it was a simple code placement. I guess I'll see what I can find to open that file.

Thanks

SS

I did look at that Jim, I don't have anything that will open a gzip. I was hoping it was a simple code placement. I guess I'll see what I can find to open that file.

7-Zip will open everything and compress everything except RAR.

Archived