• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for Design V2.3+

toyicebear

This is how to install a theme from www.jqueryui.com ...

1. Download the wanted theme

2. Upload the files to your shop, they should go into this folder: ext/jquery/ui/

3. Edit includes/template_top.php and edit this line with the paths for your new theme:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css" />

Optionally this can also be edited if a new jquery ui version was included with the download:

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js"></script>

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I unzip the file I downloaded I have one file called:

'jquery-ui-8.16'

When I open that file I have 3 more files and a html:

'css'

'developement-bundle'

'js'

'index.html'

The 'jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js' that you referenced above is in the 'js' file

Which file do I drop where?

There is a folder with the name of the theme, upload this complete folder and the jquery-ui-x.xx.js file into: ext/jquery/ui/

You will already have a folder called "redmond" (default 2.31 osc theme) and "older" versions of the jquery-ui-x.xx.js file there.

• 2 weeks later...

When I unzip the file I downloaded I have one file called:

'jquery-ui-8.16'

When I open that file I have 3 more files and a html:

'css'

'developement-bundle'

'js'

'index.html'

The 'jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js' that you referenced above is in the 'js' file

Which file do I drop where?

I did this just now...

Here's how you do it:

Install Theme Switcher. The included User's Manual explains exactly how you install it AND how you install new themes.

HOWEVER:

When you download the theme, you get the folders you mentioned and the manual says to use the files in the 'Development-bundle'- folder. I did this, and it didn't work. So I did the same as the manual said, but used the files in the 'CSS'- folder.

I didn't use any .js- file. Only .CSS

-Worked like a charm!

Remember to change the version- numbers on the files. Use the same numers as 'catalog//ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-X.X.X.min.js'

Hi there Nick, and or anyone viewing with insite

haven't been in touch for a while, I hope to finish my OScommerce store and actually sell beautiful product from it!!, back in April and again in May I lost all my images from site as my website Host deleted cgi image files due to a phising scam being directed through my OScommerce install, I've since upgraded store to the 2.3.1 version and understand this will fix the problem. ( and have added HTaccess password protection) Yet I still have a store without images, been so long since I had a look at it that not sure how to go about reloading or what and where exactly to upload new or what files to obtain to restore at least the default images and icons, is there a simple way to do this or a nice new contrib. that has a suitable set of files??

here is the URL to site as is http://www.bodhitorque.com/thebodhivibe/

any help much appreciated

many thanks Stephen

You can find some nice replacement images for many of the default graphics here>>

Hi I am not sure where to ask this as I am brand new here. I would like to sell some video tutorials that I have made but dont really know the ins and outs of selling clips? Can anybody please help me with a cheap way or possible even free way to do this? I have a deluxe hosting account with godaddy and a domain.

Thank you so much guys

Oscommerce has the ability built in to sell downloadable products

Oscommerce knowledge-base you can find here>>

HOW DO YOU MOVE THE INFO BOXES?

For example. I want to move the 'what's new' info box to the content on home page. But the move is not a smooth copy. I know how to move the link for the text, but moving the image, breaks the link to the image. I went to:

includes > modules > boxes

and from there copied, modified and pasted the box code onto the stores default home page.

Again, it worked. But the link to the image is broken.

My PHP needs more improvement, as I'm growing everyday. Anyhow can someone see were the code to the image is broken? Here it is.....

<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

<div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading">

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_WHATS_NEW_BOX_TITLE . '</a>'; ?>

</div>

<div class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents" style="text-align: center;">

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?>

</div>

</div>

Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong, please help, and thank you so much ahead of time.

Donni Rai

You also need the db query , $random_product, for getting the information....

You can find some nice replacement images for many of the default graphics here>>

Hi Nick ..thanks for your replymellow.png I had a look at the images, and remembered back when I originally changed the 2.2 install I used the 'remove default images' contrib.,which I still have on file, when my webhost deleted certain files, it looks like they came out of the folder images/default, images/icons, and images/infobox. I tried loading the specific files from 'remove default images' into the images/default folder, and also loaded 3 of the currency flag icons (named icon, icon(1), and icon(2)) that I had on file into the images/icon folder.

None of these uploads seem to have changed anything??...have I loaded them into the wrong place, how do I figure out where to load images to...perhaps understanding where they are called from would help me navigate and put in either an appropriate transparent blank gif or image. As an example , the main header gif image with my store name, where would I place that to have it show up again in new 2.3.1 upgraded install...thanks again for any helpthumbsup.gif

Stephen

the logo in 2.31 is in .png format, its in the /images/ folder and is named store_logo.png

most (all) images for the public page are placed in catalog/images.

Pictures that are seen in the Admin control panel are in admin/images.

I suggest you download those two catalogs and go through the pictures inside.

Also check your catalog/stylesheet.css In there you'll find background- and header images' place and filenames.

• 1 month later...

Can someone show me where to change the Box Headings? I know in 2.2 it was in /languages/english.php, but for the life of me, I can't find it in 2.31. Thanks in advance.

How can I increase the width of my site so that I can add another product column from the backend and have it fit the way I want it. Any clues? what files have the original sizing?

You go to the beginning of this tread and read the first post and there you will see the web address for info on the 960grid system

• 1 month later...

is there a way to create templates by just using php echo $cart or $header, that would be easier than having to mess with all those codes on different files.

NO.... Its really not that many files...go to the first page of this topic and read on....

Archived