osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

@@raiwa

Hi Rainer,

will you clean from v2.2 codes?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

The Changes that I have made is, that to appear the subcategory links, when I press a category

Yes I do, and also in a subcategory I see the cPath=xxxx in the URL.

Hello,

I Have found, my colleague, had changed the template_top.php file, in the Title Area with defined title.

When I enable the modules like:

All Pages Title - String

and I type Greek Characters, I get in the admin panel that: ???? instade of greek leters. This is in the admin panel.

@@raiwa

Hi Rainer,

will you clean from v2.2 codes?

I'll maintain support for both versions 2.2. and 2.3.

I'll maintain support for both versions 2.2. and 2.3.

The new version Mobile OsC 7.0.0 is based on jquery mobile framework and code is cleaned up for full W3C HTML5 validation

Edited by raiwa

Hello,

I Have found, my colleague, had changed the template_top.php file, in the Title Area with defined title.

When I enable the modules like:

All Pages Title - String

and I type Greek Characters, I get in the admin panel that: ???? instade of greek leters. This is in the admin panel.

This is because in the creation of the fields in the Mysql, it creates it with Latin1_swedish varchar and not in utf8_general_ci

@@Gergely

I barely have enough time to support the addons that I already have, so adding anything new is a struggle. What differences would there need to be for a mobile version? I'm not thinking that it would amount to much, but I haven't dug into it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

2 header tag are most important. One for mobile and one for desktop. "alternate" for desktop and "cannonical" for mobile. These are not very hard so I will support later.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 months later...

This addon kicks butt!!! I had the other Header Tag SEO from way back installed about 8 years ago...no...use this package as far as ease of installation and being flexible! That other package was a pain to manage and I am looking forward to moving our 9 years old site to 2.3.3 with this add-on after I am finished with this other new site...NICE!!! Thanks, Jim!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This addon does not use or include CKEditor, so that is being caused by your installation of CKEditor. You need to check the instructions for CKEditor, or the addon that you used to install it, to see how to block it from automatically using all input textarea fields.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I am preparing a new shop with 2.3.3.4.

I am installed your contribution withot any problem, all is OK and I like it, because it is simple but give all the necesary for SEO.

My congratulations.

The only think I would like to take out is that: the fields for meta files get ckeditor, and it is not necesary.

As they jump ckeditor, the product page is very long.

I wander mayself if is there any way to get out this property.

Only it is necessary an small field for html text, 120-160 characteres for description, same one for keywords,

Regards, and again one 10 for your contribution.

I believe something similar was discussed by mort lemur on this page

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/395359-modding-up-a-new-2334-install-documented/page__st__20

post #26

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, i just added a french version to my english oscommerce 2.3.3 version. While the english version is working perfectly with this addon, i do have this issue with the french one. Could someone help me?

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT_FRENCH in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_front_description.php on line 37

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_KEYWORDS_TEXT_FRENCH in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_front_keywords.php on line 38

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_FRENCH in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_front_title.php on line 37

Hello everyone, i just added a french version to my english oscommerce 2.3.3 version. While the english version is working perfectly with this addon, i do have this issue with the french one. Could someone help me?

[background='']Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT_FRENCH in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_front_description.php on line 37
Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_KEYWORDS_TEXT_FRENCH in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_front_keywords.php on line 38
Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_FRENCH in C:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_front_title.php on line 37[/background]

It looks like you added the French language pack after you installed this module, so the module doesn't know it's there. Log into your Admin and uninstall and then reinstall all of the modules that you used from this package. The modules should then recognize all of your languages.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

I have a fix for the bug. I've tested it as much as I can on my test site, but I don't have the URL rewriter you have, so please test it yourself and let me know what you find. The code is here.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim

I have tested your new file in my both sites (my test and live sites). The Canonical link works fine. I think it doesn't do anything with any .htaccess file or SEO URL's addons. Whatever it was, you corrected.

Great work. Thanks a lot

I think you should upload new package in Community Add-Ons. (Just suggesting :) )

Again, great work

Raz

Hi, I am using osc 2.3.3.4 with V1.4.6 of this mod and everything thing appears to be working as expected except I am seeing the duplicate canonical issue. I can see by reading through this topic that others have been able to fix this issue and wondering if the code to fix the bug is available in a release I have overlooked? V1.4.4 has a canonical fix but thinking the solution that fixed Razgre duplicate issue (May 2012), is not V1.4.4 as it was released Feb2012. I have tried the link 'code is here' above however its gobbledegook. I have been through my code several times and uninstalled the canonical component but no luck. In saying that though I could have easily overlooked something.

My canonical looks like - <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.barefootmaternity.com.au/http://www.barefootmaternity.com.au/?cPath=" />

Thank you for this awesome add-on. The comprehensive installation and configuration guide made the whole install relatively straightforward for someone who understands only very basics. :)

osCommerce now comes with a Canonical module. I suggest that you use that one instead of the one in this addon.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I have reinstated the original oscommerce canonical and all looks good.

• 3 months later...

It depends on the module. The ones in this addon are different and produce different results. The Canonical module in osCommerce 2.3.4 produces a better result than the one in this addon, so I would stick with that. For all the rest, the ones in this addon are better.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

It looks like you added the French language pack after you installed this module, so the module doesn't know it's there. Log into your Admin and uninstall and then reinstall all of the modules that you used from this package. The modules should then recognize all of your languages.

Regards

Jim

Hi

I have the same problem with Finnish, deinstalled all modules and then reinstalled.

This are the values in the config file

589 	Suomi Text 	MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_SUOMI 	Q. Caepio Brutus pro consule provinciam Macedoniam	
588 	English Text 	MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_ENGLISH 	Q. Caepio Brutus pro
This is the language file

languages_id 	name 	code 	image 	directory 	sort_order
 	1 	English 	en 	icon.gif 	english 	1
 	2 	Suomi 	        fi 	icon.gif 	finnish 	2
Error is

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_FINNISH in /home/mctyresc/public_html/riekko.eu/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_front_title.php on line 45

Language and directory seem to be mixed up.

Cheers

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

In

ht_product_title_string.php

ht_other_pages_title_string.php

ht_all_pages_title_string.php

replace

TITLE_STRING_TEXT_" . strtoupper(( $language

with

TITLE_STRING_TEXT_" . strtoupper(( $language_directory

Seems to solve it.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Ignore above post, it solves one problem and generates another.

Sorry

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

In includes/application_top.php $language is set as follows:

$language = $lng->language['directory'];

So that value should be the directory name. Apparently yours has been modified to do something else.

Regards

Jim

Those lines are unchanged in applic top.

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');
    $lng = new language();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
      $lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
    } else {
      $lng->get_browser_language();
    }

$language = $lng->language['directory'];
    $languages_id = $lng->language['id'];
  }

The installation in admin is creating an entry using the language name of "SUOMI". (Glad I dumped the db contents in my earlier post or would think I was going mad)

I have copied over all the latest modules and after remove and re-install still get SUOMI.

If I install all pages title I get the correct key

MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_ALL_PAGES_TITLE_STRING_TEXT_FINNISH

For Front title I get

MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_SUOMI

Am now off to compare those 2 and see if I can spot the difference.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.