• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

There is also an All Pages - Title String module that you can put anything into. Check that you didn't add that module.

Those are the only two modules that affect your entire store. The problem is not with these modules if you don't have either one of those installed. The next thing to check is your includes/template_top.php. It should contain a line like this:

<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>

I can see what you describe if you have modified it to something like this:

<title><?php echo STORE_NAME . '-' . tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank Jim,

I really appreciate your help but I have the same problem

example

English DESCRIPTION ENGLISH

Italiano DESCRIPTION ITALIANO

when save and reopen i found this

English DESCRIPTION ITALIANO

Italiano DESCRIPTION ITALIANO

The problem could be in product_insert.php? this file is very different from category_insert.php and i don't find a line like this:

$languages = tep_get_languages()

I try to instal french language and the problem remain, there are some people that use this part of addon with 2 or more language installed.

Thanks a lot

Marco

I think that's a bug. I need to do some more testing, but I think you're right about the location of the problem. Thanks for the bug report. I'll code a fix as soon as I have some time. Right now I need to get back to work....

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

First a big thanks for your contribution , was a easy install.

I think everything works (until i find out more about conanical ) , but i do have a little question , were is the language defined , it now says this :

<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en" />

I would like this to be Portugese (pt).

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Jim,

First a big thanks for your contribution , was a easy install.

I think everything works (until i find out more about conanical ) , but i do have a little question , were is the language defined , it now says this :

<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en" />

I would like this to be Portugese (pt).

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Found it , just in localization - languages..............

Found it , just in localization - languages..............

Ok , that did not work as it gave a error and did not open the website and admin anymore.

Can somebody tell me how to set the content language to "pt" while using English language files please?

Gr,

Rob

That's the correct method and should work. If you are seeing errors, please post the error message in the general help forum. This thread is for Modular SEO Header Tags only.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded version 1.4.6 to the Addons area. This release fixes a language-related bug in the Product Meta insert modules. It also updates the two modified stock osCommerce files to Version 2.3.3. You probably only need to upgrade if you have been having problems with those tags on a multi-language site.

The Addons package has everything you need to install, but the Extras folder has been removed to save space. If you want the Extras, the whole package is available from my server.

Regards

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

The category description has nothing to do with header tags, so it's not a part of this Addon. There is at least one addon that adds a category description field. It's not hard to do.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for this great module. I'm new with oscommerce and I have some questions about this module. I want to made some changes but I don't know how to do that. In title I want to be only the title what I set up for that product, not store name, and other titles.

For example:

In a page about a product, the title I want to be that title what I've setted up in product title, not like now (All pages title, store name, store name, product tile).

I hope you can understand what I want to say.

Thank you a lot, and sorry for my english.

Regards,

Florin

You need to install the Product Title module to use your existing titles. It sounds like you installed modules that you don't need. Refer to the User's Manual for the function of each of the modules, and install only those that you decide that you want.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I'm using the latest v1.4.6 of this add-on. Everything seems to work fine with meta tags, front page, category and product tags. I have a question about the rest of the pages' titles. I have activated "All Pages - Store Name in Title" module. So, for every page it displays the store title, which is fine. Is it possible to also display the NAVBAR_TITLE defined in language file? For example, for create_account page display: <title>Store Name: Create an Account</title>.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Irin

There is currently not a module for this, but it does sound like a good idea. I whipped up a quick module which you can find here. This is not tested (I don't have any more time) but it should work. Please let me know how this works so I can add it to a new release.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Great, exactly what I needed. Just need to improve a little bit. I think it's a good idea to add "if-else" statement that will check for missing definitions. There are also some pages (account_edit.php, address_book.php, account_history.php, advanced_search.php, etc.) that have NAVBAR_TITLE_1 and NAVBAR_TITLE_2 definitions.

if NAVBAR_TITLE !== blank {

display NAVBAR_TITLE

} else {

blank

}

That test was easy to add, or you could add definitions for NAVBAR_TITLE to the pages that don't have one. osCommerce want to overwrite the title tag, so that was a bit trickier. Try this version.

Regards

Jim

I had to modify two other modules to make them play nice with the new one. The download is at the same location as before. You'll have to uninstall these modules and reinstall them to make the changes work.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Hi, Jim. I appreciate your efforts, but this one didn't work either. I only use "Other Pages - Navbar Title in Title" with "All Pages - Store Name in Title". I had to change function execute() in the new module for the NAVBAR_TITLE to display. However, if there is no definition for the NAVBAR_TITLE for the specific page, it just displays as NAVBAR_TITLE.

function execute() {
  global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate;
  if( $PHP_SELF != FILENAME_DEFAULT && $PHP_SELF != FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO && NAVBAR_TITLE != '' ) {
    $existing_title = $oscTemplate->getTitle();
    $oscTemplate->setTitle( $existing_title . MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_OTHER_PAGES_TITLE_NAVBAR_TITLE_SEPARATOR . NAVBAR_TITLE );
  }
   }

I finally got some time to test this properly. I had to make a change to the osc_template class, since it defaults to adding the store name to every page title. You will need to uninstall any of these modules that you are currently using before uploading the new modules. The download is still here.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Awesome... it's perfect now. The pages that have NAVBAR_TITLE defined, display them. Otherwise, it's just the store name in the title.

Thanks a lot for that addition. I'm sure that other people will also find it very useful.

You ROCK!