• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

I still can't reproduce this, and I'm still really bad at guessing. You'll have to give me more information if you want help. I have no idea what "i still can´t add new categories or products" means.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

i istalled 1.4.2, ok save product, remains small problem.

create new product, no possible insert "Products Head Title" and "Products Meta Description" (no appears form).....save, return to edit product, appears to form insert meta.

hours categories is ok, good :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

i istalled 1.4.2, ok save product, remains small problem.

create new product, no possible insert "Products Head Title" and "Products Meta Description" (no appears form).....save, return to edit product, appears to form insert meta.

hours categories is ok, good :thumbsup:

Hi all Guys,

I found same problem.

I visit the query, but it looks like empty results.

$check_structure_query_raw = "describe " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION;
 $check_structure_query = tep_db_query($check_structure_query_raw);

Error: SHOW COLUMNS FROM products_description
Result:

Error: describe products_description
Result:

Any Idea?
KissER::i( 'my_identifier_in', $check_structure_query, __FILE__, __LINE__ );

My_identifier_in is empty!! Somehow the query cant run. In phpAdmin I can get good results. The database server is OK.

I thik that something is not allowed in php.

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Of course the same is in categories tables...

in categories.php was wrong includes.

change second:

// Modular SEO Header Tags

include( DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags/categories_products_process.php' );

to:

include( DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags/products_insert.php' );

This was my mistake :blush:

Thanks for Geat contribution!

Cheers

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

<snipped>

Somehow the query cant run. In phpAdmin I can get good results. The database server is OK.

I thik that something is not allowed in php.

The database user that you have assigned to osCommerce needs to have the ALTER privilege. If you have your user set to read/write only this addon will not work. You need to give the database user the proper privilege, or you can create the columns manually using phpMyAdmin.

Regards

Jim

I am using v2.3.2 and have installed modular_seo_header_tags_1.4.2.tar When using the free meta tag analysis sites they all tell me I have not got the robots meta tag installed on my site. I have installed this on the site control panel, the php file is in the right place and set to true and all of the other meta tag php files seem to be working - can someone suggest what I am doing wrong? Many thanks, James

I'd like to know where you got a copy of 2.3.2 -- the latest version available is 2.3.1.

Look at your pages in Firefox, then click View >> Page Source. Is there a robots tag in the head? If not, please post all of your settings for the robots module.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the quick reply Jim - maybe just wishful thinking re 2.3.2?

There is no sign of robots in the head. Here are the module settings:

Add a robots meta tag to all pages.

Robots Meta Tag

True

Sort Order

Noindex Tag

False

Noindex on Flags

sort,tab,mfr,price,type

Nofollow Tag

False

Nosnippit Tag

False

NoODP Tag

False

Noarchive Tag

False

Noimageindex Tag

False

What I know about meta tags and seo could be written on a posrage stamp with a six inch paintbrush so any pointers you can give would be very much appreciated. Best wishes, James

With those settings, the robots tag will only appear when it is needed to remove a duplicate page. To test this, go to one of your category pages that has a list of products. Now click on one of the column headings to sort it. Note that something like sort=2a now appears in the address bar as part of the page address. Then View Source again and look at the head: the robots tag should be there with a value of noindex.

That setting is intended as one way of telling the search engines not to index duplicate content. You can also use the canonical tag to do the same. I have a canonical module coded and in testing, so you'll soon be able to use that if you wish.

There is no single rule for using these tags. I think that most sites would benefit from turning on the Noodp setting, but some people think that should never be done. You'll have to do your own research and figure out what you think is best for your type of business.

Just remember that 90% of everything on the Internet is crap. In my opinion, that number is too optimistic for SEO information.

Regards

Jim

To test this, go to one of your category pages that has a list of products. Now click on one of the column headings to sort it. Note that something like sort=2a now appears in the address bar as part of the page address. Then View Source again and look at the head: the robots tag should be there with a value of noindex.

After reading the first two post, I thought I take a look at my site. Now I am running ver 2.3.1. After selecting a category to see the list, and doing a sort function, in view source, the robots tag is not there in the heading section.

But I also notice, in admin -> modules -> header tags I do not have the option to edit Noindex on flags. So am assuming something is missing so I guess I will need to see the installation of latest ver to check if something got missed by mistake.

Edited by blr044

But I also notice, in admin -> modules -> header tags I do not have the option to edit Noindex on flags. So am assuming something is missing so I guess I will need to see the installation of latest ver to check if something got missed by mistake.

I have ver 1.4 uploaded and installed. At admin, I did remove robots mate tags and then follow steps for upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4. After upgrading, still Noindex on flags in admin -> modules -> header tags.

So did look at vers 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, instructions same as ver 1.4.

Thanks.

Edited by blr044

The Noindex on Flags setting should be just after the Noindex setting and before the Nofollow setting. There are nine settings in all. If you are missing some of these, you could have a corrupted configuration database or errors on the module page. Check your database and turn on all errors in your application_top.

Regards

Jim

Check your database and turn on all errors in your application_top.

This is error message:

Notice: Undefined variable: actaulID in /xxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2641

This is line 2582 of seo.class.php

$this->real_uri = ltrim( basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], '/' );

Edited by blr044

seo.class.php has nothing to do with this Addon. I think it's part of the Google Base Addon. In any case, it will have no effect on this module.

Regards

Jim

Uninstalled Robots Meta tags. Uploaded catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_robots.php and still Noindex on Flags as seen in the snapshot below. Even cleared cache and closed browser and restarted browser.

modular-ht.jpg

Uninstalled Robots Meta tags. Uploaded catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_robots.php and still Noindex on Flags as seen in the snapshot below. Even cleared cache and closed browser and restarted browser.

modular-ht.jpg

Wrong file uploaded. Once the correct catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_robots.php was uploaded. all is fine.

Sorry.

Thanks for the help.

Hi!

I installed all the files, and made the few changes required. However, it seems that very little happened.

The botton that should be in the "Modules" section isnt there.

three things i should say, that could have an influence:

- I uploaded the files, by compressing them and uncompressing them, and upon uncompressing them, it made a Dir called "__MACOSX" which i deleted

- I am running a slightly older version of OsC

- I have specified the header tag in the Index.php, Checkout_process.php an alot of other phps before installing this Add_on (this was my temp fix) Should i delete all these Header specs?

Is this a problem that anyone have had before? and what file(s) should i look in to, regarding the missing botton?

<snipped>

- I am running a slightly older version of OsC

What version? If it's older than 2.3 then we know that is the problem.

Regards

Jim