• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DISCOUNTING ATTRIBUTES QUESTION

AWWWW.WAHWAH

I cannot find it anywhere nor any topics pertaining to this.

I like to discount our items by 10% or whatever. Some products have an option like colors that has a price of an additional XXX dollar amount. When I enter discount for the item, shouldn't the option be discounted also?

i.e.

ITEM IS $10

OPTIONS ARE - NONE, RED - $5.00, GREEN - $5.00

Shouldn't the options be discounted too? I would think.

Is there a contrib for this?

Discount coupon code will discount the subtotal of ANY items in the cart. Product or product attribute, it doesn't matter. If you are using the specials module, discounting the base price will reduce the base by the selected amount, therefore the attributes will also total less because the base has already been discounted.

Chris

Discount coupon code will discount the subtotal of ANY items in the cart. Product or product attribute, it doesn't matter. If you are using the specials module, discounting the base price will reduce the base by the selected amount, therefore the attributes will also total less because the base has already been discounted.

Chris

Thanks Chris but doesn't this hack require the customer to enter a coupon code? Because we sell multiple products from multiple manufacturers so using this wouldn't work as we wouldn't want a discount to apply store wide, only just a certain manufacturer.

So right now we're using the SPECIALS BY CATEGORY v2.2 hack which allows you to enter a percentage or dollar amount discount for an entire manufacturers line but it doesn't affect the attribute pricing.

Edited by Z06BAIT