• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount Coupons for Version 2.3.1

reach100

Hi there,

what is the best add-on to use for Discount coupons?

I have recently installed version 2.3.1 and I am unable to get any of the listed add-ons working, no matter how careful Install each one. I always end up with some kind of error in the admin area or the checkout pages.

Can someone please offer a suggestion?

Thanks you.

Edited by reach100

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: Looks like download link is broken.

I found the downloads and the module looks great. HOWEVER, there is a file missing from the downloads: includes/functions/coupons.php. I checked all three downloads there, just in case. If you could re-upload with that file included I would REALLY appreciate it! I have it installed right now just waiting for that file.

Hi Kris,the download link working now.

Costel

Sorry ... misread the error; my mistake. Package is fine and download link works

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 4 weeks later...

I figured rather than start a new discount code topic I'd just ask in this one . . I have osc 2.2 MR2, which addon would be best? I just want to be able to give folks a coupon code they can enter at checkout, if I can set it to be used once per customer that'd be nice but if not it's no biggie.

Hi Rob,

This thread is support for this contribution:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269

There have been many updates posted on that contribution but the one I would suggest using is v3.34 by xinxi and then apply the patch for the orders.php right above it.

You should also consider the age of your store and when to update to a newer version (it is MS2 not MR2)

Chris

Thanks Chris!

That did the trick! I tried the patch, but it didn't work, switched it back to the original 3.34 mod code and it seems to work fine for me.

• 5 months later...

Im having a problem with the install it seems, something isn't right, in the instructions it tells me the following:

OPEN catalog/checkout_payment.php

FIND on line 269:

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></h2>

<div class="contentText">
   <?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?>
 </div>
<?php 

However, in my checkout_payment.php it goes like this, so I don't know where exactly to add it (basically there is no ending <?php like the instructions say):

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></h2>

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?>
 </div>

<div style="float: left; width: 60%; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 15%;">
     <div id="coProgressBar" style="height: 5px;"></div>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
       <tr>
         <td align="center" width="33%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>
         <td align="center" width="33%" class="chec

Any ideas/tips? Thank You!

btw im using the Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.31 from My linkhttp://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269

Pat,

It works with PayPal Standard, IPN and Pro. However, it will NOT work with Express because Express bypasses the Checkout Process.

Chris

Pat,

It works with PayPal Standard, IPN and Pro. However, it will NOT work with Express because Express bypasses the Checkout Process.

Chris

Really? I was up for a good 6-7 hours yesterday trying to find a solution, or something that works with PayPal and osCommerce 2.3.1, but wasn't able to find anything. Would you possibly be so kind and explain/show me where I can get this IPN and how to implement it? I do need it for 2.3.1.

Thank You so much!

Really? I was up for a good 6-7 hours yesterday trying to find a solution, or something that works with PayPal and osCommerce 2.3.1, but wasn't able to find anything. Would you possibly be so kind and explain/show me where I can get this IPN and how to implement it? I do need it for 2.3.1.

Thank You so much!

I'd be grateful also Chris :) Mine is all working just not showing up in pay pal..

• 4 months later...

I add Discount Code for osCommerce 2.3.1 in my store and now I need help with tax. This add-on counts discount form taxless price but total tax of purhase is still from original price:

Now it counts:

Product price with tax: 25.00 €

(tax 13%, price without tax 22,12 €)

Dicount 10%: 2.21 € (from taxless price)

Total tax 13%: 2.88 € (from full price product)

It should be:

Product price with tax: 25,00 €

Discount 10% = 2,50 €

(New price with tax = 22,50 €)

Total tax 13% (from new price) = 2,59 €

Can anybody help me with this? It might that I have to change code to ot_tax.php but I don't know what I have to write.

I add Discount Code for osCommerce 2.3.1 in my store and now I need help with tax. This add-on counts discount form taxless price but total tax of purhase is still from original price:

Now it counts:

Product price with tax: 25.00 €

(tax 13%, price without tax 22,12 €)

Dicount 10%: 2.21 € (from taxless price)

Total tax 13%: 2.88 € (from full price product)

It should be:

Product price with tax: 25,00 €

Discount 10% = 2,50 €

(New price with tax = 22,50 €)

Total tax 13% (from new price) = 2,59 €

Can anybody help me with this? It might that I have to change code to ot_tax.php but I don't know what I have to write.

Now I get total tax right but how I can get discount sum with tax?

• 3 weeks later...

This code is incorrect for V2.3.1

FIND on line 327:
	$shown_price = tep_add_tax($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty'];
	$this->info['subtotal'] += $shown_price;
REPLACE with this code:
	//kgt - discount coupons
	if( is_object( $this->coupon ) ) {
	  $applied_discount = 0;
	  $discount = $this->coupon->calculate_discount( $this->products[$index], $valid_products_count );
	  if( $discount['applied_discount'] > 0 ) $valid_products_count++;
	  $shown_price = $this->coupon->calculate_shown_price( $discount, $this->products[$index] );
	  $this->info['subtotal'] += $shown_price['shown_price'];
	  $shown_price = $shown_price['actual_shown_price'];
	} else {
	  $shown_price = tep_add_tax($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty'];
	}
	/**************
	**************/

The code in my includes/classes/order.php looks like this:

$shown_price = $currencies->calculate_price($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax'], $this->products[$index]['qty']);

Can someone assist?

Thank you.

Edited by birdrockdesigns

• 2 weeks later...