osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1 paypal express

robertcqu

Hi All,

I installed fresh version OF 2.3.1

I activated paypal express module.

1. When I try testing my API credentials I get:

The PayPal Express Checkout credentials are not set up correctly for the sandbox environment.

array(0) {

}

similar error for Live environment.

When I try checking out through the paypal express button in the cart I am not send anywhere and get an error message in the browser:

shopping_cart.php?error_message=

My API credentials are cpied from paypal API. I have business account.

No idea whats happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The PayPal Express Checkout credentials are not set up correctly for the sandbox environment.

array(0) {

}

When I try checking out through the paypal express button in the cart I am not send anywhere and get an error message in the browser:

No idea whats happening.

i have same error. If i install in windows 7 then it run success,but if install in ubuntu then error. So, i did debug and a know "curl extension not install in my Ubuntu". i did intall curl on my ubuntu and it run "Success! The PayPal Express Checkout credentials have been set up correctly for the sandbox environment."

You can try install curl (sudo apt-get install curl libcurl3 libcurl3-dev php5-curl php5-mcrypt on ubuntu) or intall on windows (see google).

sorry for my bad English

Hi All,

array(0) {

}

No idea whats happening.

Hi all!

I have same Error but I tried the same in local and all works fine.

I read that some people have problems with cURL in their hosting, probably not installed or not enabled check your php.ini (I have installed it but still not work)

Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl can be another problem.

If you find a solution put here i will do the same :P

• 3 weeks later...

OK so despite having cURL and libcurl installed and tested working this still appears to be a cURL issue. Thankfully I noticed that there is a non cURL fallback already included in the Paypal Express payment module. Using this as a work around I was able to get the success message in the “Test API Credentials” script and successfully place a test order using the Paypal sandbox.

To get OSC to use the non cURL fallback in this file:

Catalog > includes > modules > payment > paypal_express.php

Change:

if (function_exists('curl_init')) {

To:

if (FALSE) {

Must be a server configuration issue. I hope this helps someone.

Joe

MacMan strikes again!

Always backup first before listening to me!

• 1 month later...

This above fix seems to have worked but the strange thing is that I did not have the above bug on the first transaction that I had run on this application. I also had this exact problem with another OSCommerce app (same server) where the first transaction worked with paypal, but successive attempts gave the exact same nebulous error. could it be that curl installs or becomes configured on the server automatically once it is called by a web application? I do not know that this is happening on my server (POWWEB).

• 1 month later...

I have a problem when I click test API, i get an error. The error is a file is missing. Catalog > includes > modules > payment > paypal_express.php

I just loaded ver 2.3.1 and it is not in my distribution. Where can I get it? can someone send it to me?

I hope that is the only thing wrong with my set up. I have all the credentials properly installed and it appears to be installed correctly. Hmm, please reply.

Steve

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

array(0) {

}

No idea whats happening.

santhosh

• 1 month later...

Please help, I also need a solution for this. I have installed clean oscommerce 2.3.1 on my localhost, I have added 3 languages and 2 currencies. Paypal express checkout module was already there, but when I was trying to test it, nothing happens - I just get an "error" in URL and that's it. I used sandbox gateway for testing, I created test users and I typed in all needed API information in admin. If I choose live gateway, then I'm getting this:

array(0) {

}

I have found several topics about this problem, but none of them has a solution, so I'm really desperate now...

Janis