• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Probably an apostrophe/single quote in the text. Find it and escape it with a backslash.

Regards

Jim

Sorry Jim I probably blind but cant seem to find the out of place character, also despite not changing anything now getting

Call to a member function getAll() on a non-object in /home/*******/public_html/shop/*******/modules.php on line 17

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2013 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$set = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['set']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['set'] : '');

$modules = $cfgModules->getAll();

if (empty($set) || !$cfgModules->exists($set)) {
    $set = $modules[0]['code'];
  }

$module_type = $cfgModules->get($set, 'code');
  $module_directory = $cfgModules->get($set, 'directory');
  $module_language_directory = $cfgModules->get($set, 'language_directory');
  $module_key = $cfgModules->get($set, 'key');;
  define('HEADING_TITLE', $cfgModules->get($set, 'title'));
  $template_integration = $cfgModules->get($set, 'template_integration');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

Edited by toyzonline

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

I meant an apostrophe in the text that you added.

Regards

Jim

oh....lol sorry my bad....still a problem as since saving the text I cannot get in to edit (as per posted error) it was showing the order preference and true or false but not the text area.....And now getting the line 17 error (as above) when I click on the front page module link, which is just a blank page with the error?

But Learning As I Go

Using your host's database management tool, search the configuration_key field in the configuration table for something like MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_%.  When it finds that row, delete the configuration_value for that key. You will have more than one if you have multiple languages installed. Delete only the configuration_value, not the whole row.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Using your host's database management tool, search the configuration_key field in the configuration table for something like MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_%.  When it finds that row, delete the configuration_value for that key. You will have more than one if you have multiple languages installed. Delete only the configuration_value, not the whole row.

Regards

Jim

Think best option for me is to restore database and files to before the front page module as cant find anything like that using my hosts only DB tool (phpmyadmin)

But Learning As I Go

Jim,

Sorry to be a complete pain in the ass, I did think I was getting used to finding my way around the files and structure.....lol

Would you be able to give a little instruction how to complete your suggestion fix. I have cpanel and believe that the tool I should be using is phpmyadmin but had a look round and not afraid to admit it likes find needle in a haystack (guess I not used to looking around MySQL).

Much appreciate for your help whether you can or cant

Ricardo

But Learning As I Go

In PHPMyAdmin, click on the configuration table in the left column. Then select the Search tab in the top right. Then paste MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_% in the box to the right of the configuration_key and hit enter. That will give you a list of all matches.

The % in that text you pasted in is a wildcard. The full text will contain the language name at the end, so this will match all languages.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, not far from what I thought and after double checking the DB name just realised its not listed as a choice in myphpadmin (which could also answer all the failed connection errors I keeo getting). Just waiting on support now.

Thanks Again

But Learning As I Go

That sounds like your database is not set up properly, or it's new and has not yet been added to your PHPMyAdmin. The latter needs to be done manually or with a CRON script to write to the PHPMyAdmin config file. I install my own copy of PHPMyAdmin on my server so I can control things like that.

Regards

Jim

Right got access back to the database and there was indeed apostrophes in the text. I now removed the key value. However I am still getting the following error when I click on the front page module

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAll() on a non-object in /home/*****/public_html/shop/******/modules.php on line 17

But Learning As I Go

Did you remove the value or the entire row? In any case, your database is corrupted. You now need to remove all rows like MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_%. This will uninstall all of the front page modules.

Actually, this would be a great time to drop the Configuration table and replace it with your backup copy from before you installed Modular Front Page.

Regards

Jim

Did you remove the value or the entire row? In any case, your database is corrupted. You now need to remove all rows like MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_%. This will uninstall all of the front page modules.

Actually, this would be a great time to drop the Configuration table and replace it with your backup copy from before you installed Modular Front Page.

Regards

Jim

I had only removed the value. I have now removed all the like MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_%, but nothing has changed. I have even restored the database and still have the same situation.....a little confused to say the least...lol

Ricardo

But Learning As I Go

Now I'm puzzled. The error message that you posted is usually just a mis-configured or missing module. Did you remove a module file?

Regards

Jim

No not moved anything just added the this add-on and then installed the front page. The error I am getting now appeared without any changes being made after I got the first error due to the apostrophes in the front page module text area.

Hoping I can get this sorted as the front page is something I have been looking for.

I am a bit confused that after restoring the DB that the error is still there. I am thinking that maybe I should remove all the added files, restore the DB and then re-install?

But Learning As I Go

It shouldn't matter if your database is really back to before the modules were installed. I'm concerned that your database restore was not to the correct backup. Check that you restored a backup made before this addon was installed.

Regards

Jim

No not moved anything just added the this add-on and then installed the front page. The error I am getting now appeared without any changes being made after I got the first error due to the apostrophes in the front page module text area.

Hoping I can get this sorted as the front page is something I have been looking for.

I am a bit confused that after restoring the DB that the error is still there. I am thinking that maybe I should remove all the added files, restore the DB and then re-install?

Are you sure that at some point while trying to resolve the error you haven't uploaded the files again? I'm thinking you may have ended up with a file that was supposed to be in the language directory in the module directory.

The error you're getting means that there's a module which is installed according to the database, but when admin/modules.php tries to load it from the module directory it gets an error. So this would mean it's a problem with a module that was already installed when the database backup was taken.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 1 month later...

Hai!

Txs for this great option.

I have a modified store and did just what the manual said and everything seems to work (no errors) but the text i put in the textfield does not show up.

I edited index.php just like you said, but a white paige apears. Can you help me out?

This is my currect index.php

<?php
/*
  $Id$

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

*/

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
  $category_depth = 'top';
  if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
    $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
    $categories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
    if ($categories_products['total'] > 0) {
      $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
    } 
    $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
    $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
    if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
      if ($category_depth == 'top') {
        $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
      } else {
        $category_depth = 'both'; } // navigate through both categories & products         
    } else {
      $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
    }
  }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

if (($category_depth == 'nested') || ($category_depth == 'both')) { //display categories
    $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>

<h1><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></h1>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
        <td class="productListing-data">
<?php
    echo $categories_desc['categories_description'];
?>
        </td>
        <td class="pageHeading" align="right">
<?php
    if (tep_not_null($category['categories_image']) && (file_exists(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'])) ) {
      echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
    }
?>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<div class="contentContainer">
  <div class="contentText">
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
      <tr>
<?php
    if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
      $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
      for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
        $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
        $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
        if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
          // do nothing, go through the loop
        } else {
          $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
          break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
        }
      }
    } else {
      $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
    }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
    while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
      $rows++;
      $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
      $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
      echo '        <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
      if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
        echo '      </tr>' . "\n";
        echo '      <tr>' . "\n";
      }
    }

// needed for the new products module shown below
    $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
      </tr>
    </table>

<br />

<?php if ($category_depth == 'nested') include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

</div>
</div>

<?php
  }
  if (($category_depth == 'products') || ($category_depth == 'both') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))) {
// create column list
    $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                         'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
    reset($define_list);
    while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
      if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
    }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
      switch ($column_list[$i]) {
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
          $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
          break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
          $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
          break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
          $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
          break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
          $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
          break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
          $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
          break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
          $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
          break;
      }
    }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
    if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
      if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
      } else {
// We show them all
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
      }
    } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
      if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
      } else {
// We show them all
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
      }
    }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!preg_match('/^[1-8][ad]$/', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
        if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
          $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
          $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
          break;
        }
      }
    } else {
      $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
      $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
          $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
          $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
      }
    }

$catname = HEADING_TITLE;

if ($category_depth == 'both') {
      $catname = '';
    } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
      $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name as catname from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
      $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
      $catname = $image['catname'];
    } elseif ($current_category_id) {
      $image = tep_db_query("select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    }
?>

<?php if (tep_not_null($catname)) echo '<h1>' . $catname . "</h1>\n"; ?>

<?php if ($category_depth !== 'both') { ?>

<tr>
<?php
?>
        </td>
<?php
    if (tep_not_null($category['categories_image']) && (file_exists(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'])) ) {
      echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
    }
?>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<?php } ?>    

<?php
// optional Product List Filter
    if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
      if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
        $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
      } else {
        $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
      }
      $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
      if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
        echo '<div>' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . '<p align="right">' . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
          echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
          $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
        } else {
          echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
          $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
        }
        echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
        while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
          $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
        }
        echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
        echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</p></form></div>' . "\n";
      }
    }

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . 	TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . 	"' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$filename = 'includes/descriptions/'.$category['categories_name'].'.php';
if (file_exists($filename)) {
   include( $filename );
} 
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);
?>

</div>

<?php
  }
  if ($category_depth == 'top') { // default page
?>

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>
  </div>

<?php
    if (tep_not_null(TEXT_MAIN)) {
?>

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
  </div>

<?php
    }

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
</div>

<?php

} else { // default page

// Start Modular Front Page
?>

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>

</div>

<?php
  // End Modular Front Page
  }

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Your edit is incorrect: you have two front pages that are interfering. Try this:

<?php
/*
  $Id$

*/

$category_depth = 'top';
    $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
    } 
    $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
      } else {
    } else {
      $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
    }
  }

if (($category_depth == 'nested') || ($category_depth == 'both')) { //display categories
    $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
?>

<tr>
<?php
?>
        </td>
<?php
    }
?>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<tr>
<?php
        $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
        } else {
          $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
        }
      }
    } else {
      $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
    }

$rows = 0;
      $rows++;
      echo '        <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
      if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
      }
    }

?>
      </tr>
    </table>

<br />

<?php if ($category_depth == 'nested') include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

</div>
</div>

<?php
  }
  if (($category_depth == 'products') || ($category_depth == 'both') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))) {
// create column list

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
    reset($define_list);
    }

break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
      }
    }

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
      } else {
// We show them all
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
      }
    } else {
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
      } else {
// We show them all
        $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
      }
    }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!preg_match('/^[1-8][ad]$/', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
          break;
        }
      }
    } else {

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
          $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
          break;
      }
    }

$catname = '';
    } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
      $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name as catname from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
      $image = tep_db_query("select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    }
?>

<?php if ($category_depth !== 'both') { ?>

<tr>
<?php
?>
        </td>
<?php
    }
?>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<?php } ?>    

<?php
        $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
      } else {
        $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
      }
        echo '<div>' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . '<p align="right">' . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
          echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
        } else {
        }
        }
        echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
      }
    }

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . 	TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . 	"' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$filename = 'includes/descriptions/'.$category['categories_name'].'.php';
if (file_exists($filename)) {
   include( $filename );
} 
?>

</div>

<?php
  }
?>

<?php

} else { // default page

// Start Modular Front Page
?>

</div>

<?php
  }

?>

Regards

Jim

@@jim sorry, does not work. The whole page is white now, not even de side-bars are showing.

I now got this far, that it works, but my category description is showing up twice in my index.

Once when above subcategory overview and one above the products in the main categorie.

Can you help me once more?

<?php
/*
  $Id$
  $Mod: Modular Front Page 201111 Kymation $

*/

$category_depth = 'top';
    } 
      } else {
    } else {
    }
  }

?>

<tr>
<?php
?>
        </td>
<?php
    }
?>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<tr>
<?php
        } else {
        }
      }
    } else {
    }

$rows = 0;
      $rows++;
      }
    }

?>
      </tr>
    </table>

<br />

</div>
</div>

<?php
  }
// create column list

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
    reset($define_list);
    }

break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
      }
    }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
      } else {
// We show them all
      }
    } else {
      } else {
// We show them all
      }
    }

break;
        }
      }
    } else {

break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
          break;
      }
    }

$catname = '';
    }
?>

<tr>
<?php
?>
        </td>
<?php
    }
?>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>

<?php
      } else {
      }
        } else {
        }
        }
      }
    }

?>

</div>

<?php
  }
  if ($category_depth == 'top') { // default page
?>

</div>

<?php
  }

?>

This code displays the category description:

<?php
?>

You have that code inserted twice so it's showing up twice. Delete the second one and it should work.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

just a litte headsup, I integrated flickity slider (from the isotope guy) which is a responsive touch enabled slider that allows for swiping as a frontpage module, it is very easy to do based upon the banner rotator.

currently I have settings hardcoded, but overall it is very easy to integrate.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@bruyndoncx

Thanks Carine!

Just implemented that flickity slider for the recently viewed module and works like a charm.

The filtering and sorting from that isotope page is also very interesting. Sorting and filtering by css classes very clever and sure one way to do it.

Edited by Tsimi

• 3 weeks later...