• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Thank You, John! Yes, I uploaded all the files a few times to make sure everything was put into the right place.

I stumbled upon an fp.addon.php file in /includes/modules/front_page and I removed it and now everything is working properly now. And then I reinstalled it and it's working still. But I don't get it. I don't know where this fp.addon.php file came from, it's not in the recent version.

Maybe fp = featured products ?? I'm guessing.

It should be something to go on the front page.

Edited by BrockleyJohn

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

There has never been a file named fp.addon.php in the Modular Front Page addon. It may be something that somebody created to work on the front page, but it conflicts with one of the stock modules. If you need to make it work, I can tell you what to change.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello people,
First of all thanks to kymation for this excellent addon.

I installed it after installing "Protected Images for oscommerce 2.3.4" and I had to make some modifications so that my images would display correctly.
when I finished I thought that I didn't like to only have the option to disable or enable the Heading Title, so modified fp_heading_title.php to allow me to write whatever I wanted in the Heading Title for each language.

I didn't do much though as I just copied the method from fp_text_main.php and made the necessary modifications.

I feel it's 'more' complete now :) :) :) :)

installation is simple

as usual make a copy of your original fp_heading_title.php file

remove the "Heading Title module" from oscommerce admin if you are already using it

copy the new file at catalog/includes/modules/front_page and overwrite the original **BACKUP your original FILE - you have been reminded!!!**

install "Heading Title Module" again to see the changes

all credit goes to Kymation for making this addon...

fp_heading_title.php

• 2 weeks later...

$categories_query_raw = "
                select

c.categories_id,

c.categories_image,
                  cd.categories_name
                from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd
                  join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c
                    on (c.categories_id = cd.categories_id)
                where

c.parent_id = '0'

and  cd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'
                and c.categories_id!='42'
                order by
                  c.sort_order
              ";

to exclude a Category Images category. In includes/modules/front_page/fp_categories_images.php file.  Note:  and cd.categories_id!='42'

Just needed to exclude 1 category. Don't know if this is correct syntax but it works for me.

Hi Jim,

I use a lot of addons but this is still one of the best. Used in several sites without troubles.

Now I try to get the Scroller on every page, because its a part of a new theme.

Could you help me to fix that?

And could it be possible to get the scroller over the whole width of the site?

I mean by example 1240px width while the rest of the site is only 950px.

I tried but when I change one thing I got also hundreds other things that changed, because the most parts are based on the same css code.

Thanks anyway

Kozak

Edited by kozak

The scroller is a module, so you would have to make the other pages modular to do that. I suggest that you go find a scroller addon that is not modular. I remember at least one.

Regards

Jim

That's all I can suggest. Since this has nothing to do with this addon, maybe you will have better luck posting a topic in the General Support forum.

Regards

Jim

Hi JIm,

I made a copy of the both fp-scroller.php and called it fp-scroller2.php, also made a copy of the scroller in the ext\modules\front_page that i called scroller 2.

It the adminsite on the front page I have now the message that there is a module for installion but when I click on it there is only an empty line.

I don't find where there is more information about these lines.

I am not a programmer but it seem I'm not far from a solucion

grtz

Kozak

• 2 weeks later...

I am moving this as recommended Code Monkey. I had asked you about having the names of the products display under the images in the scroller feature. You had sent me a modded code line, but for some reason all it did was change the image size, not sure how or why??? Anyway, I will post the original code, the suggested code, and how it now turned out, any further info needed let me know. Thanks for the help.

ORIGINAL CODE:

//   $body_text .= '        <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_data['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_data['products_image'], $products_data['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, ' style="padding: 0 ' . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_IMAGE_PADDING . 'px;" width="100%"') . '</a>';

Suggested code: all it did was change image width or something to that effect
$body_text .= '        <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_data['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_data['products_image'], $products_data['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, ' style="padding: 0 ' . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_IMAGE_PADDING . 'px;" width="100%"') . '<br />  . $products_data['products_name'] . '</a>';

post-330437-0-53253400-1430362405_thumb.jpg

Edited by csnipper123

I made a couple of typos in that code. Try this:

$body_text .= '        <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_data['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_data['products_image'], $products_data['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, ' style="padding: 0 ' . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_IMAGE_PADDING . 'px;" width="100%"') . '<br />'  . $products_data['products_name'] . '</a>';

Regards

Jim

I finally had some time to play with this. First, change the above line of code to this:

$body_text .= '        <div class="fp_scroller"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_data['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_data['products_image'], $products_data['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, ' style="padding: 0 ' . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_IMAGE_PADDING . 'px;" width="100%"') . $products_data['products_name'] . '</a></div>';

Then add the following to your stylesheet.css:

/* Front page scroller */

.scrollableArea .fp_scroller {
  max-width: 100px;
  text-align: center;
  margin: 0 5px !important;
}

Finally, change the value of Scroller Height in the module Admin to 130. You may have to change that number depending on how long your product names are. It needs to be high enough to allow the longest product name to be seen.

You may also want to change some of those stylesheet values to make your scroller look better. I put those values in to make the stock osCommerce products work, and your images are probably different.

Regards

Jim

I installed the Modular Front Page in my OScommerce website and all works well expect i get the following error when i try and add the Featured Products Module. (see attached)

Any feedback you could give would be much appreciated. Thank you.

post-335953-0-34378100-1431059004_thumb.png

The error message says that /includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php is missing. Is it? If it is present, check that the file has the correct permissions and that it is not corrupted.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Install seems to have gone well but when using the text main it creates a bit of a format issue:

1) Installed text main module

2) commented out the new products in index.php

All fine up to now.

However when I edit the text area the given text is published at the same level as the social boomarks, instead of above them?

Have attached an image to visually explain.

post-124444-0-97211600-1432382663_thumb.gif

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

The above is sorted as simply moved the added code with the index file.

However added some basic text saved it to look at the published page, and looks ok, so went to go back in it to edit and format it but get the following when I click on the Front Page link on the modules menu

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 't' (T_STRING) in /home/******/public_html/shop/*************/modules.php(244) : eval()'d code on line 2

Edited by toyzonline

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go