• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

It certainly could be, as the module install values are stored in your database. You could try restoring the configuration table of your database. Don't restore all the other tables as that would affect customer data.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Will,

Before you do anything it is displaying ok to me now using firefox

Maybe you need to clear your browser cache

Regards

Joli

Before I could see what you meant with the text under the slider but not today??

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@joli1811

This is certainly one for the books. I still see the error even after I cleared the cache in Firefox. I've also cleared it in IE11. I am at seeing this at my office. I just went to another building and had someone else bring it up. Still looks the same.

Here is a screen shot. I hope it is permissible to post this here.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2u97hxt.jpg

Edited by wlsnoops

Well, I finally found the culprit. I had installed some code from addthis.com for a 'sharing slidebar'. I had this thing installed for over a month with no problems until last week. As soon as I disabled it, the scroll bar returned to normal.

Ahh, the learning never stops.

Thanks again, Jim and joli1811.

...Will

Great :thumbsup:

Found a nice social media side bar widget last week free and does not leave the cookies like the add this bar 

easy install maybe you want to try

link

Regards

Joli

@@14steve14

Sorry Steve  double slash in the link try this

Put in template_bottom.php just below

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

changed the css to

#social-widget {

left

because the pop up facebook share (or whatever) was getting hidden on the right hand side.

Edited by joli1811

• 5 weeks later...

The slider and image rotator depend on the small images in osCommerce. Do you have small images? Do those images show up in the New Products page, or the specials page?

The customer greeting is not supposed to disappear, so that's working.

Regards

Jim

The slider uses small images as I said. Please us the actual module names so I know what you're talking about.

If you're talking about the Banner Rotator, what banner group did you add your banners to? What banner group is the rotator module set to use?

Regards

Jim

Banner-Rotator

Module Page

Banner Rotator Group: rotator

In the banner administration i have 3 banners named test1, test2 and test3. The 3 banners are the test_banner_1.png, test_banner_2.png and test_banner_3.png. The banner group i named rotator

If i change the name of the Banner Rotator Group in the Flex slider to slider than of course i also change in the banner administration to slider with the same result --> blank

I got it. I installed a template. This template needs a change of the jquery version in the template-top.php to jquery-1.8.0.min.js and jquery-1.8.22.min.js but the template doesnt have these two files. The new osc 2.3.4 just has the version jquery-1.11.1.min.js so i just needed to have the two missing versions of jquery in my installation. Now works. But thanks for your help, Jim

@@befla  If you're saying that you now have two different versions of jQuery on your site, that's a very bad idea. It will cause all sorts of problems. If you are using only the old version, that's not quite as bad.

Regards

Jim

I installed Modular Front Page on my OsC 2.3.4. sandbox and can't get rid of the banner rotator.  The test images show up on multiple pages, including checkout.  I've tried removing the module - didn't work.  I re-installed the module and then disabled it - still doesn't work. 

I'm not sure how you managed to do that. Did you overwrite any files in your osC install with files from this addon? This addon is built on an older version of osCommerce, so that could cause problems.

I suggest that you uninstall all of the modules and revert your files to your backup from before you installed this addon.

Regards

Jim

Yep.  I got a SQL error that blew everything up when installing the Featured Products module, too.  I just uninstalled everything from the Modular Front Page add-on and it all looks normal, now.  Well, check that - the banner is still there.

OK - I'll replace everything with the backup.

Shame ... the add-on seemed to answer a lot of questions for me.  The basic 2.3.4 front page sort of sucks.  I was hoping not to have to re-code it directly.

P.S. You're amazing with your support, Jim!!

Well considering there is only one manual code change index.php why not have a look there??

Or am I mistaken?

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811

It could be something that you did when installing it. That SQL error sounds like something is wrong in your install. You could try again.

It's possible that the changes to $PHP_SELF in the latest version would cause the modules to fail. However, that should just mean that they won't load at all, not load on every page. I don't see how that is happening.

Edit: What John said, too.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Well, one thing to note is that the index.php is not the same with 2.3.4.  The original greeting, log-in message, and the New Products default with 2.3.4. still appeared.  All the Front Page stuff was below this.  I was going to ask how to remove that in the index.php, but never got that far when the banner wouldn't disappear and then got the SQL errors later.

Anwyay, here is how I edited the index.php:

<?php    }    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);?></div><?php  // Start Modular Front Page?><div class="contentContainer"><?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?></div><?php  // End Modular Front Page  }  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');?>

BTW, I haven't changed the index.php page back yet - but I did remove all the files from the server and restore the database.  It appears that everything is back to normal.

Edited by TomB01