• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Go to your database management tool and search the configuration table for MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS and delete all rows found. Then go back to your Admin and reinstall the module.

What do you mean, delete the rows? I don't see anything with the title of "row" and I am not that well versed in php.

Your database has nothing to do with PHP. It's MySQL.

You need to use your host's database management tool. They should have instructions for using it, or you can find them online.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I know this. I am in PHPMyAdmin. I clicked on the search tab (not the import, export, browse, structure, sql) tabs and typed in MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS. The search came back with only 1 area affected, the configuration sql. There are no rows, only the title of each of the id fields. There are no rows of anything. Did you mean rows of featured products? There is nothing.

There are now 10 product options to select instead of the 6 but I would like 12. I have changed the option to 12 yet still do not get those last 2 product select fields.

Edited by L. Haase

In the search tab, find the field labeled configuration_key and type MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS in the box to the right. That will give you all of the rows containing that key. Delete all of them. There should only be one, but sometimes the code adds multiple versions, so just delete however many there are.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new to Oscommerce and wanted to install this module.

As my installation of oscommerce was fresh, I download this module and uploaded the files in the folder to my module directory of my website but couldn't find the configuration in my admin panel.

I tried of uploading the files in the catalog folder to my module directory but there was no use of it... :mellow:

Please help me, I believe that I am doing some thing wrong which is really silly....

Thanks in advance,

Yourgoal.

Check that you have all of the files in the Admin side in the correct location. Remember, if you have renamed your Admin folder as the instructions say, these files need to go into that renamed folder.

If the files are in the correct locations, log out of your Admin and restart your browser.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your kind support,

Please let me know whether I need to upload the catalog folder to modules folder or should I upload the files in the catalog folder (admin, EXT, Images,includes,index.php) into the modules folder. (I am getting confused in this part).

As my installation is a fresh one, I believe that I just need to as stated above.

I have installed Oscommerce in my root folder of my website.

Edited by yourgoal

You need to upload each file to the correct location. The location for each file is given in the User's Manual. Please read it.

As I said above, the files that go into the Admin need to go into whatever you have named your admin folder. I don't know what you named it so I can't tell you what that location is.

Regards

Jim

I should have mentioned that osCommerce can be installed anywhere, and I don't know the name of the folder yours is installed into. Please remember this when you install other addons, as many of them assume osC is in a folder named catalog.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

@@kymation

Hi Jim

I don't know if the following has been brought to your attention. (If yes, forgive me I was/am to lazy to read through 50 pages.....)

When setting up the Scroller module you can choose which products you want to show (Products Shown). All, New, Specials, Featured....

Then you can choose the products order like, random, date added, latest modified. These sort orders only work if you don't choose "Featured". When you select "Featured" + "any sort order" you will get an 1064 Error message.

I guess this happens because the Featured Products module doesn't use a sort order in the SQL query.

In short, I am not able to show the Scroller module with the featured products inside it.

Yes, you are correct: The sort order only works where it makes sense. Featured Products is one case where there is no natural sort order. I don't know what to do with that other than tell you not to select a sort order when using Featured.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for your reply Jim.

I tried a few work arounds but no luck.

If else statements for the query something like

if (MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_PRODUCTS_TYPE = 'featured') {

$products_query_raw = "
                  select
                    p.products_id,
                    p.products_image,
                    pd.products_name
                  from
                    " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
                    join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                      on pd.products_id = p.products_id
                    " . $join_sql . "
                  where
                    p.products_status = '1'
                    and pd.language_id = '" . ( int ) $languages_id . "'
                    " . $where_sql . "
                  ";

} else {

$products_query_raw = "
                  select
                    p.products_id,
                    p.products_image,
                    pd.products_name
                  from
                    " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
                    join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                      on pd.products_id = p.products_id
                    " . $join_sql . "
                  where
                    p.products_status = '1'
                    and pd.language_id = '" . ( int ) $languages_id . "'
                    " . $where_sql . "
                  order by
                    " . $order_sql . "
                  limit
                    " . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_MAX_DISPLAY . "
                ";

}

or add a new case but it didn't work.

So once I decided to use the scroller with featured products I shouldn't touch the Products order area. Roger that!  :thumbsup:

Oscommerce 2.3.3.4

Modular Front Page 1.4

Hello,

This morning I added a couple of new items to my store and changed some wording in the "Text Main" section. After going back to the index page, the first couple of paragraphs jumped up under the scroller and the scroller itself is off-centered to the right.

I have the scroller configured to go right above the text main area. I've tried to retrace my steps and even reloaded a backup from yesterday, but it still acts the same way.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks.

...Will

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the web site: www.tristateshippingsupplies.com. I will leave the scroller enabled so that you may take a look at it.

My site has CKeditor installed and I made some changes using it to changes some verbiage on the index page. Not sure if it utilizes html or not.

I've made similar changes many times before without any issues.

Thanks for any help you can send my way. If I find a solution on my own, I will be sure to post back here.

Thanks again.

...Will

Yes, CKEditor generates HTML. That's its entire purpose.

Your page renders without a problem in Firefox and Opera. The problem shows up in Chrome and Safari (and presumably any other Webkit-based browser.) That's why it's important to test with multiple browsers. And state which one you're seeing the problem on.

Try this fix: Find this code in includes/modules/front_page/fp_text_main.php:

$body_text = '<!-- Text Main BOF -->' . PHP_EOL;

and add just after that:

$body_text = '  <div class="clear"></div>' . PHP_EOL;

Let me know if that helps.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, Jim. No joy.

On my end, I've tried it with IE 11, Firefox 31, Chrome and Opera 23 with the same results. For the record, I disabled CKeditor, erased everything in the 'text main' area and retyped everything from scratch and the issue is still there.

Thanks,

...Will

OK, try this: Replace this line:

$body_text .= '  <div class="contentText">' . PHP_EOL;

with this:

$body_text .= '  <div>' . PHP_EOL;

Regards

Jim

The first one should have worked. There's nothing wrong with the code. I don't have any other ideas right now. I'll try to find the time to play with this.

Have you tried the Flex Slider module in place of the scroller? It might be an acceptable substitute.

Regards

Jim

Ok, this is a little freaky. I restored from a back-up from nine days ago (well before the issue started) and it still overlaps the text. Is it even remotely possible that it could be database related? I did not restore the database, just the site itself.

Thanks,

...Will

Edited by wlsnoops