• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

The front page modules are designed to be installed and modified in your Admin. Some of the modules have support files, including stylesheets, in the /ext/modules/front_page/ folder. I find that Firebug in Firefox is a lot of help in finding the styles that apply to an element.

All of the modules are designed to be full-width, since this is what most people do. You would have to modify the code in the module to add a 960 grid class (or similar) to restrict the width. For example:

$featured__content .= '  <div class="contentText">' . PHP_EOL;

could be changed to

$featured__content .= '  <div class="contentText grid_4 alpha">' . PHP_EOL;

or whatever you want to change the width. I've done this with some newer modules, but you're the first to request it for the Front Page modules.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you are missing some Javascript files. Check that you have uploaded all of the files in the ext/ directory.

Regards

Jim

Hi First off thanks for a great mod works really well and easy to install. I was wondering if its possible to add more than one product scroller to the front page module? If it is possible any information to push me in the right direction would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I've installed french language and on the main page it appears:

Bienvenue chez ...my site...

Title ao�t

How can I corect the title?I've searched on include/language/french/index.php, but is not there. I've also looked in admin page/modules/front page, but from here I can only remove the title:

French Title

Title %s

The title is in /includes/language/french/index.php, assuming that your language is installed in a directory named french. The line you are looking for will look something like this:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Bienvenue chez ' . STORE_NAME);

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

@@kymation

Jim,

I'm having a problem with the Text Main module of this addon. I am trying to embed a YouTube video in this portion of my front page. For a while it worked fine. However now when i try to embed a video it keeps adding slashes to the html code for the embedded video causing it to break. It seems to be adding the slashes before quotation marks. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,

John

Try this quick fix in includes/modules/front_page/fp_text_main.php. Find this line:

$body_text .= constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) . PHP_EOL;

and replace it with:

$body_text .= stripslashes( stripslashes( constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) ) ) . PHP_EOL;

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Try this quick fix in includes/modules/front_page/fp_text_main.php. Find this line:

$body_text .= constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) . PHP_EOL;

and replace it with:

$body_text .= stripslashes( stripslashes( constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) ) ) . PHP_EOL;

Regards

Jim

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. It's still adding slashes before each quotation mark. Three slashes to be exact. " becomes \\\"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mario,

I got the same issue, could you advise which add-on was disturbing it??

Thanks in advance.

Same here. Modular Front Page is great! But I've tried adding backslashes to the odd apostrophe to counteract this glitch, but no cigar. What is causing this?

@@kymation

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your Modular Front Page.

The new slide module is great, thank you.

I have one question, right now this addon is under Modules/Front Page,

and we can change all the setting within it.

Is there a way that I can have an individual admin infobox call Front Page,

and show only the modules I installed.

(I mean I made the InfoBox, but how can I link the page to the "modules.php?set=front_page"?)

The reason for this is because I want the other admin users to not touch other modules,

and with Front Page Box, they know where to change the front page straight away.

Lyn

Edited by ce7

You can link a new box to modules.php?set=front_page as you said. This will not be secure, since anyone could click out of it to other modules. To make this secure, you would have to make a copy of modules.php and alter it to only see the Front Page modules, then link that from your new box.

Regards

Jim

You can link a new box to modules.php?set=front_page as you said. This will not be secure, since anyone could click out of it to other modules. To make this secure, you would have to make a copy of modules.php and alter it to only see the Front Page modules, then link that from your new box.

Regards

Jim

thank you Jim, will give it a try with your suggestion! Edited by ce7

thank you Jim, will give it a try with your suggestion!

Hi Jim, on the modules.php, there is
 foreach ($cfgModules->getAll() as $m) {

, how can I make it just show only front page but not all? Thanks in advance. Lyn

You will probably need to create a new version of admin/includes/classes/cfg_modules.php to look for only that one type of module.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

After one day tried your suggestion, I think I need further help from experts.

The way I tried:

admin/includes/classes/ make newcfg_modules_fp.php and change all the cfg_modules to cfg_modules_fp

admin/includes/modules/cfg_modules copy whole folder and rename to cfg_modules_fp

admin/includes/language/english/modules/cfg_modules_fp/ make new cfgm_front_page.php

admin/includes/boxes/modules.php copy and rename to modules_fp.php

also touch related english.php files

(if I just copy the admin/modules.php and did not change anything, then it just show every other modules in the new front page infobox....)

because lack of PHP ability, I don't know how to change

foreach ($cfgModules->getAll() as $m) {

to just select modular front page modules,

so I think if I make a second modules and name them with extra _fp, it then should pick up only front page modules, but it doesn't work because I have the error message related to Fatal error: Call to a member function getAll() on a non-object

can you please give me some suggestions about my errors?

Thanks.

Lyn