• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Hi

Thank s for the quick response.

Whilst amending the image size gives the desired effect on the front page it has also affected the images when browsing a category... the images are now too big here, they overlap the product text description.

So I'm back to smallish images unfortunately.

You can change the code to fix the image size. Find this line in includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php:

$body_text .= '	    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_data['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_data['products_image'], $products_data['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, ' style="padding: 0 ' . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_IMAGE_PADDING . 'px;" width="100%"') . '</a>';

Change the SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH or SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT to the number you want. I recommend that you change only one, and replace the other with '' (two single quotes) to avoid distorting the images.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into the dreaded "Call to a member function getBlocks() on a non-object in\..\catalog\admin\index.php on line 251" when entering Admin Dashboard. The site itself still runs, as well as the features. I have ensured that both instances of osc_template.php contain the block code, and ensured that the index.php has the added "getBlocks" call. I am sure it is something small, so has anyone else encountered this issue? Thank you for your time and patience.

That's usually the result of uploading the catalog/includes/template_top.php to catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php.

Regards

Jim

I've checked both the catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php and the catalog/includes/template_top.php, with the non-admin file containing the "$oscTemplate->buildBlocks();" call. I've renamed the admin template_top.php as a .bak file, which cratered the site, so I'm thinking I still need both. Everythibng I have 2.3.2 and above.

Should I be looking for something in particular, such as a particular call statement or maybe a missing file?

Check that your catalog/admin/includes/template_top.php does not contain $oscTemplate->buildBlocks(); If it does, replace the file. If it does not, search all of your admin files for that string.

Regards

Jim

Thank you for your patience. The only place I have that call ($oscTemplate->buildBlocks(); ) mentioned is the ..\catalog\includes\template_top.php. Nothing in any admin files. Where I am seeing the error is when I log into Dashboard. I can still navigate and utilize the other admin functions. Would this narrow it down a bit?

Edited by pvoce

The error message says that the problem is in catalog/admin/index.php on line 251. The stock file only has 106 lines, so either you have made a lot of changes to that file or you have the wrong file in that location. In either case, check that file. If you can't find the problem, post ~20 lines around that location.

Regards

Jim

Hello all,

first, thanks for that great Contrib.

My Question is, is there a way to design all Modules, that they will look like the same as sites in my store?

When yes, who i find the php files to edit??

Greets

Hobbes

I have forgot, what i have to edit are the heading titles, with a image in backgroung and i must have boxes into feutured products, specials,etc.

I hope everyone have a solution for me.

Greets

Hobbes

Edited by HobbesBS

The modules are styled the same way as your boxes: using the osCommerce theme. Use Themeroller to modify the theme. Backgrounds can be added to your stylesheet.css. The rest is covered in the User's Manual; please read it.

Regards

Jim

Most operating systems have an Archive tool of some sort. If yours doesn't recognize GZIP files, there are plenty of free utilities that will. I recommend 7zip for Windows machines, but there are many others that will work as well.

Regards

Jim

Hello.

In admin-> scroller module, i choose Featured but still i don't see "Scroller Product #n." drop down lists in the right side edit menu to choose featured products as instructed in the guide?

Thanks.

Yavuz

Thanks,

Yavuz

File is there. Also when i check featured module in front-page, drop down lists are there (Featured Product #1, 2....).

However, they are missing under Scroller module :( I also revised the code as below to give a try, still right column doesnt have the Scroller products

function keys() {

$keys = array ();

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_SORT_ORDER';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_STATUS';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_MODULE_HEIGHT';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_IMAGE_PADDING';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_AUTOSCROLL';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_AUTOSCROLL_DIRECTION';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_HOTSPOTS_VISIBLE';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_HOTSPOTS_VISIBLE_TIME';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_AUTOSCROLL_STEP';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_AUTOSCROLL_INTERVAL';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_MANUAL_SCROLL_STEP';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_MANUAL_SCROLL_INTERVAL';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_MOUSEDOWN_SPEED';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_MAX_DISPLAY';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_PRODUCTS_TYPE';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_PRODUCTS_ORDER';

for ($id = 1; $id <= 10; $id++) {

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SCROLLER_PRODUCT_' . $id;

}

return $keys;

}

What can i check more?

Thanks,

Yavuz

It's possible but it looks bad, so I didn't include that option. You'll have to modify the code yourself if you want to do that.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hello, after installing the modular addon i'm having problems with the display of my subcategory pictures.

Instead of having the subcategories pictures being neatly arranged in rows and columns, they are now one long list.

I've read through this entire thread and no one else seems to have had the same problem.

I tred playing with the style sheet in ext/modules/frontpage/category_images with no luck.

Any idea what's going on?

Take a peek here to see what i mean....

http://jewellerytalks.co.uk/index.php?cPath=55

Your page has two HTML tags which will confuse some browsers. Get rid of the second one. You also have a lot of extra Javascript and stylesheets that may be interfering with the normal jQuery scripts and styles. Try commenting out or removing the extras and see what happens.

Regards

JIm

Your page has two HTML tags which will confuse some browsers. Get rid of the second one. You also have a lot of extra Javascript and stylesheets that may be interfering with the normal jQuery scripts and styles. Try commenting out or removing the extras and see what happens.

Regards

JIm

Can you point me to which page I should be looking at to remove the extra html tags? Is this in the index.php file? Still a little confused.