• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Hello Jim

Sorry but I was out and so I couldn't tell you, that I already done that.

But back to the Banner problem, I see nothing on my homepage. What I am doing wrong? I have to put a new Banner in the admin side?

Thank you and best regards

Marc

You must have done something wrong. I can't tell what your error is from here. I can only suggest that you read the instructions and check everything again.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello , i`ve just instaled and it works sweet with english. But with bulgarian , it goes that error

Warning: buildblocks(includes/languages/bulgarian/modules/front_page/banner_rotator.php) [function.buildblocks]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/var/www/html/vhosts/flamingo-toys.com/public_html/toys-commerce/shop/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 86

How can i fix this ? Tnx in advance

I can't provide every language in the world. You will have to copy the files from includes/languages/english/modules/front_page/ and put them in includes/languages/bulgarian/modules/front_page/, then translate the text in the defines to Bulgarian.

When you finish the translation, please provide the files so others may benefit.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Just installed your contribution and it all seems to work in one go ( this means something as i am all new to this) , thank you very much for a great contribution and saving me many headaches!!

Gr. Rob

Hi, i'm using the contribution V1.3.6 on my OSC 2.3.1

what i did, is copying all the new files to the exact directories, and i modified the index.php, then i installed all the front page modules. but none of them appeared on the main page.

also i tried to upload the entire index.php provided with the contribution but no modules appeared.

i appreciate any help or hints.

thX Jim

You must have uploaded your index.php to the wrong place. It needs to go in the directory where your store is installed.

Regards

Jim

All of the modules in this package can also be used in the page header or footer using the Header Footer Content Modules Addon. You will need to move the module and language files to the appropriate directory, then change one line in the module code file from

var $group = 'front_page';

to

var $group = 'header_footer_contents';

I have used the Categories Images module (with the images turned off) in the Footer as an alternate site navigations system. Works just fine. So if you want a banner rotator in your page header, now that's easy to do.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

First thank you for your contribution , works like a charm ( even with a noob like me ;-).

My question is ; can you explain a bit more about putting the category images module into the header of the HFC module as that is exactly what i want to do.

Many thanks in advance,

Gr. Rob

Hi Jim

I have the "category images module" showing up in the HFC module but i must be missing something as i can not tell it to go anywere , did i miss something here?

Gr, Rob

@@Psytanium

Most modules will not show up if there is nothing for them to show (i.e. the Banner Rotator needs banners to show.) So if you are seeing a blank front page, you need to give whatever modules you have installed something to show. If you just want to verify the installation, install the Text Main module and put some text in it.

@@CrazyCarzCustoms

You need to make a few more changes. In the module file, find this code:

if (defined('MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_STATUS')) {
	$this->sort_order = MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SORT_ORDER;
	$this->enabled = (MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_STATUS == 'True');
  }

and replace it with this:

if ( defined('MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_STATUS') ) {
	$this->sort_order = MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SORT_ORDER;
	$this->enabled = (MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_STATUS == 'True');
	switch (MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_CONTENT_PLACEMENT) {
	 case 'Left Header' : $this->group = 'header_contents_left';
		break;
	  case 'Center Header' : $this->group = 'header_contents_center';
		break;
	  case 'Right Header' : $this->group = 'header_contents_right';
		break;
	  case 'Header Line' : $this->group = 'header_line';
		break;
	  case 'Left Footer' : $this->group = 'footer_contents_left';
		break;
	  case 'Center Footer' : $this->group = 'footer_contents_center';
		break;
	  case 'Right Footer' : $this->group = 'footer_contents_right';
		break;
	  case 'Footer Line' : $this->group = 'footer_line';
		break;
	}
  }

Then find this code

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Show Image', 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_IMAGE', 'True', 'Show the category image in the Categories Images box', '6', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Show Name', 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_NAME', 'True', 'Show the category name in the Categories Images box', '6', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Show Subcategories', 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_SUBCATEGORIES', 'True', 'Show the subcategories list under each category (Float mode only)', '6', '8', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

and add just after that:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Content Placement', 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_CONTENT_PLACEMENT', 'Right Header', 'Should the module be loaded in the header or the footer position?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Left Header\', \'Center Header\', \'Right Header\', \'Header Line\', \'Left Footer\', \'Center Footer\', \'Right Footer\', \'Footer Line\'), ', now())");

Last, find this code:

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_IMAGE';
  $keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_NAME';
  $keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_SUBCATEGORIES';

and add just after that:

$keys[] = 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_CONTENT_PLACEMENT;

You will need to remove and reinstall the module for these changes to show up.

Regards

Jim

Edit: Copy-paste errors.

Edited by kymation

Most modules will not show up if there is nothing for them to show (i.e. the Banner Rotator needs banners to show.) So if you are seeing a blank front page, you need to give whatever modules you have installed something to show. If you just want to verify the installation, install the Text Main module and put some text in it.

done that with no success, well i have installed many complicated contributions on my website, this 1 is really easy to install but i can' work it out.

do you think there is something to check on the database ?

Thx mate!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response.

I have the module working on the frontpage in the header now , so the code worked like a charm.

But it is not showing up on the other pages yet so i think i am still missing something.

I was looking for the $keys line that you showed as the last part in your response but i could only find :

function keys() {
  return array (
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SORT_ORDER',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_STATUS',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_FRONT_TITLE',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_BOX_STYLE',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_BOX_MOUSEOVER',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_BOX_COLUMNS',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_IMAGE',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_NAME',
    'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_SUBCATEGORIES',
       'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_CONTENT_PLACEMENT',
  );
   }

As you can see here the code that you gave me is a bit different from this one at the end , the ; is now a '

Maybe i did this wrong?

Maybe i am looking in the totaly wrong place.........

Can you help me please?

Gr, Rob

That's just a different way of doing the same thing. Your code should look like this:

function keys() {
	  return array (
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SORT_ORDER',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_STATUS',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_FRONT_TITLE',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_BOX_STYLE',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_BOX_MOUSEOVER',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_BOX_COLUMNS',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_IMAGE',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_NAME',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_SHOW_SUBCATEGORIES',
		'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_CONTENT_PLACEMENT',
     	 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_CONTENT_PLACEMENT'
	  );
}

Regards

Jim

Edit: Forum editor munged the code again.

Edited by kymation

Hi Jim,

I just copied and pasted your code into place but the result remained the same , it shows up on the index page but not on the other pages................here is the website if you want to have a look at what goes wrong : www.crazycarz.pt and for now it´s eating and sleeping time ..i will have to investigate some more tomorow . ;-)

Thanks very much so far for your help.

Gr, Rob

Hi Jim

I did remove and reinstalled the module , it still doesn´t show up on the other pages tho.

First i will go and check everything over again to see if everything is like you have told , just to make sure i am not wasting your time , than i will get back.

Thanks so far!.

Gr, Rob

Hi Jim

It starts to look like something in the header footer contents thing as i also do not have a complete shopping cart or buttons for it....

Need ti investigate some more........

Gr, Rob

Some modules have restrictions to allow them to run only on the page they are supposed to appear on. This prevents errors on other pages, since without the restriction the module will attempt to run on every page, and the external variables it depends on may not be available. If you want a module to appear on every page, look for code like this near the beginning of the execute() method:

if ($PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $cPath == '') {

and change it to:

if (true) {

Regards

Jim

Some modules have restrictions to allow them to run only on the page they are supposed to appear on. This prevents errors on other pages, since without the restriction the module will attempt to run on every page, and the external variables it depends on may not be available. If you want a module to appear on every page, look for code like this near the beginning of the execute() method:

if ($PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $cPath == '') {

and change it to:

if (true) {

Regards

Jim

YES , that did the trick!!! , THANKS very very much for your time and help.

Gr. Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I installed the front page module on a osc 2.3.1 and now I like to center the scroller box to the center of the page. Where can I find the coe to move this box?

Here my site hto understand better: http://apromo.com.br

And the second question is, where can I change the url that when I click on a picture that is goes where I like to define?

Edited by cramli

Hello,

If I edit Main text with this and it has a ' in the text, when I press edit, it gives the error Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ....admin/modules.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 1 is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Steve

• 3 weeks later...