• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

In the latest version of Modular front page, there is a problem:

In catalog/includes/modules/front_page/New_Products.php, in some places you have given "TITLE_" inplace of "TITLE". That needs to be replaced.

Also, in the admin section, I am facing an issue:

When I click on Front Page under modules go to the page to install new front page module, I am getting the following error:

Warning: include(/XXX/XXX/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/front_page/function.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /XXX/XXX/public_html/XXX/modules.php on line 129

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/XXX/XXX/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/front_page/function.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /XXX/XXX/public_html/XXX/modules.php on line 129

TITLE_ is correct. The underscore is intentional. It will work with the underscore removed everywhere, but the constants will be hard to read.

Your error appears to be caused by a file named function.php in the /includes/modules/front_page/ directory. There is no such file included with this addon. If the file exists in that directory on your server, delete it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi after installing the featured products addon i get the following error

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_FEATURED_FRONT_TITLE_ in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\seniorfrogs.com.cy\httpdocs\shop\includes\modules\front_page\featured.php on line 54

Can you please advise

That's a bug. Find this line in catalog/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php

global $oscTemplate, $languages_id, $currencies, $PHP_SELF, $cPath;

and change it to this

global $oscTemplate, $languages_id, $language, $currencies, $PHP_SELF, $cPath;

I'll fix that and upload a new version. Thanks for the bug report.

Regards

Jim

Hi Kymation,

thanks for the fix

:)

Just something I had an issue with, right at the start of the development of this great contribution, that I have just found a solution.

Quick explanation of problem.

www.domain.com is NOT the same as www.domain.com/index.php

The modular front page modules do not show up if a page is loaded without index.php on the end of the URL

At least for my server that is using IIS7.

Anyhow to resolve this I found the line in all the front page modules

if ($PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $cPath == '')

and changed them to

if ($PHP_SELF == 'index.php' or '/' && $cPath == '')

and the modules are now loading.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!

That's a bug. Find this line in catalog/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php

global $oscTemplate, $languages_id, $currencies, $PHP_SELF, $cPath;

and change it to this

global $oscTemplate, $languages_id, $language, $currencies, $PHP_SELF, $cPath;

I'll fix that and upload a new version. Thanks for the bug report.

Regards

Jim

Apply the same fix to new_products.php

:)

@@dicko_md Change the $group value to match the Header-Footer modules. Then change the code in the class method to match the code in the Header-Footer modules. You then need to change the code in the install() method to allow the selection of the position of the module. It's a fairly simple set of changes.

Regards

Jim

Jim, at first I'd like to say many thanx for the module. I have upgraded it a little bit and now it works fine for me.

Is there a possibility to make a new_products.php work like a slide-show (caorusel)? I've tried to replace your tables with div's but have lack ao knowledge. I tried to make it like Product Cycle Slideshow Box for 2.3.1 but failed.

Maybe your next ver could be slide-showable please? ))

Hi, first may I thank you for providing your addon - it's much appreciated!

I have installed the most recent download (and checked that my download has the fixes mentioned above!) and have two problems.

1) I have had to comment out two lines (38 and 40) from the following file:

/includes/modules/front_page/new_products.php

to remove the following error from my index page:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_NEW_PRODUCTS_TITLE_ in /home/zezez/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/new_products.php on line

and 2)

Within the administration module I am unable to select a sort order for the 'new products' module. I have used phpmyadmin to manually set one (40) but am still unable to move the 'scroller' module to top position (sort = 0)

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards

Iain

Hi Jim

I too thought it was the same problem but the version I downloaded appears to already have the fix (it was downloaded yesterday about 11 am GMT).

The only language I have installed is English.

Are there any files you wish me to quote from in case I have made changes?

Thanks

Iain

I think I found the bug: I made a typo when I was cleaning up some old code that's no longer used. Try uninstalling your New Products module, then replace the module file with this one. Please let me know if that fixes the problem for you.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

Many thanks - errors now gone!

Only niggle is that I'm unable to place the 'scroller' above the 'new products' on the front page, despite having sort order set to 0 for the scroller and 10 for the new_products.

Kind regards

Iain

You should never set the sort order to zero for any module. Please see the User's Manual for instructions on setting the modules.

Regards

Jim

I've uploaded a new release to the Addons area. This fixes the above mentioned bug in the New Products module. If you need to upgrade, uninstall the module first, then replace the catalog/includes/modules/front_page/new_products.php with the one from this package.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

i installed the frontpage module with the theme switcher module.

Now everythiong is working except the banner rotator.

I tried several things butt with no result.

I hope someone can help me.

With kind regards

Twindaddy

Check that you have the latest version of Themeswitcher installed. If you do, uninstall the module from your Admin panel and install it again.

Regards

Jim

Firstly - great add -on which is much appreciated. I have used it on one site and it works perfectly.

When installing on a second 2.3.1 site, I can get the category images on the front page but when going into the admin area and trying to add more parts of the front page module to the site I get this just above the listed sections in the admin panel:

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/andiluc1/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/andiluc1/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

icon_info.gif Heading Title icon_info.gif New Products icon_info.gif

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/andiluc1/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/andiluc1/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

I just assumed I had messed up so decided to start over but I got the same result. I checked again and all of the files are in the right place.

I don't think I need to point out that my total knowledge of php and osc could be painted on the back of a postage stamp with a six inch brush.

I have got some other add-ons on the site but don't know how to solve the above.

Could someone please take pity on me and tell me where I have messed up??

Many thanks in advance, James

The problem is that your site is looking for catalog/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php when it should be looking for admin/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php. This is probably due to an incorrect setting in admin/includes/configure.php. I haven't been able to duplicate this problem, so I can't figure out a real solution. However, you can make the error go away by putting a copy of the admin/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php file in catalog/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php.

Regards

Jim