• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

I'd like to make every page modular, but I don't have the time to code and release it. You could use the old 2.2 banner rotator on any page with a minor modification to the page. It's the same base code, I just modified it to make it a module.

Regards

Jim

Edit: Link added.

I wonder if I could use some of this code to get the cool banner rotator on the header. I just got a new logo to put on the page, and it's very square: Now I have a big wide space on the header and the banner rotator would look great there. Or a banner ad. Any ideas?

I believe that the Header-Footer Modules Addon has a banner rotator to use in the header. Check the support thread for the latest updates.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you, Jim!

I have just installed that, but I am having a hard time getting it to work... or finding it in my admin to install. I have been looking around for the pre-reqs but I'm not sure I have all of them. I will try to find the forum for that addon. THANKS!

Hi Jim,

I have Front Page on OSC 2.31. Just I activated Scroller module and It shows the box and products in my Index page but images inside scroller dont move....

Some idea about what could be happening?

Thanks in advanced.

Edo.

Edited by elara

It's likely that you didn't upload the javascript file, or some other part of the Scroller. Check all of your files or upload again.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I reviewed the source code of the index page using chrome and I realized jquery.smoothDivScroll-1.1-min.js is loading but before this lines:

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.16.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/start/jquery-ui-1.8.16.css" />

Is it correct?

Thanks.

No, that's not correct. If you're using both Modular Front Page and Theme Switcher, uninstall Theme Switcher and install version 1.1. You'll need to modify includes/template_top.php to set the correct versions of jQuery and jQuery UI.

Regards

Jim

There are several scrollers available for 2.2x, including this one. It would certaily be possible to convert the one from this Addon, but that would be a lot of work for very little benefit. Feel free to do that if you want.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

HI, I installed only the main text module and it works fine, except when I click on my various languages, (English is OK) Note: I copied the same files into the languages English into the other languages. In admin panel all is well. It is only the catalog that shows an error and my text does not appear. This is the error: . Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_ITALIAN in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\osc\catalog\includes\modules\front_page\text_main.php on line 39

I can't figure out what I did wrong or what needs to be changed

I an not sure if the field MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_ITALIAN is held in the configutation table or a language file.

I suspect it is the table and you need to set the text up in the shop admin as it does not curreently exist.

See if you can find MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_ENGLISH and that should give you a clue.

Cheers

G.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

.it' timestamp='1327838762' post='1620646]

HI, I installed only the main text module and it works fine, except when I click on my various languages, (English is OK) Note: I copied the same files into the languages English into the other languages. In admin panel all is well. It is only the catalog that shows an error and my text does not appear. This is the error: . Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_ITALIAN in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\osc\catalog\includes\modules\front_page\text_main.php on line 39

I can't figure out what I did wrong or what needs to be changed

This has been answered many times. Try reading back through this thread about 3 pages.

Regards

Jim

I've made an attempt to fix that annoying language bug. The Specials, Text Main, and Upcoming Products modules have been updated. These modules should no longer show an error with additional languages installed. If the additional languages are formatted correctly and installed correctly, that is. I have little hope of that.

If you are updating from an older version, uninstall these modules before uploading the new versions.

Please post here if this solves a problem, creates a new problem, or otherwise changes something important.

Regards

Jim

Text Main and CKEditor Error?

I installed the Modular Front Page add on and it works great for my Heading Title and my Category Images.

I am having a problem getting the Text Main to save in the admin edit panel. It cuts off my text after about 250 characters.

I am using CKEditor which seems to be working for my category and product description editing.

I also have Theme Switcher Installed.

I've been searching through this thread for an answer, but I can't seem to find anything that makes sense.

Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Varina

This is caused by a limitation in the stock osCommerce database setup. To enable more than the default 255 characters, use your database admin tool to change the configuration_key field in the configuration table from varchar(255) to text.

Regards

Jim

This is caused by a limitation in the stock osCommerce database setup. To enable more than the default 255 characters, use your database admin tool to change the configuration_key field in the configuration table from varchar(255) to text.

Regards

Jim

Thank you so much Jim. That fixed my issue. :)

Hi,

Your addon is great on 2.3.1.

Is there any way to get the Scroller part of this addon to work with oscommerce 2.2, please.

Thanks,

I Love this AddOn, Only prob I have... after I installed it, I adjusted widths, now it looks goofy being left justified rather than being centered. Any ideas?

You could move it around using the 960 grid system -- just add a box to the left of the module to space it over. That will take a bit of modification to the scroller module code.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have newly installed OS commerce and then I installed this front page modular add on. I have done this set up 3 times now and the banner rotator still will not show up. All other modules work except that one. I have read though the posts and I don't think anything that has been mentioned applies to my issue.

Can someone give me any advice on how to get it to show up?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I´ve installed the addon and enter admin area. After click in modules / front page this error message apears:

Warning: require(includes/front_page.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in admin/modules.php on line 219

Warning: require(includes/front_page.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in admin/modules.php on line 219

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/front_page.html' (include_path='.:.:') in /admin/modules.php on line 219

Please, help

thanks

Edited by guilherne

@@karen789 -- What I've told everyone else: Make certain that your Javascript tags are correct and the files are in the right places. Use View Source in Firefox and click on each one of the links in the Head section of the page. Fix any links that return a Not Found message. If yoiu have Theme Switcher installed, revert to version 1.1 of that Addon.

@@guilherne -- There are no HTML files in this Addon. You have some sort of URL rewriter installed that is corrupting the URLs. Turn it off.

Regards

Jim

@@karen789 -- What I've told everyone else: Make certain that your Javascript tags are correct and the files are in the right places. Use View Source in Firefox and click on each one of the links in the Head section of the page. Fix any links that return a Not Found message. If yoiu have Theme Switcher installed, revert to version 1.1 of that Addon.

@@guilherne -- There are no HTML files in this Addon. You have some sort of URL rewriter installed that is corrupting the URLs. Turn it off.

Regards

Jim

Ok. Thanks. It seens the problem is the URK rewriter.