• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advice on Category Description addon

web2dev

Hi,

Can someone please advice me on which addon to use for categories description? I found only a few addons with not very good description which makes me think there isn't any addon a de-facto solution for what I want.

I have already installed:

STS version 4.5.8

Additional Images version 2.1.0

Fancy lightbox popup

Additional Images for STS content pages - Version 1

I'm planning to install HeaderTags SEO and Article Manager soon.

I'm mentioning the installed addons in hope of the category description addon to be compatible with them.

Thanks in advance

George

thank you very much for your answers, but I'm not sure that my question was well put or my knowledge on oscommerce and header tags seo is limited, but what I want is this.

I want an addon so in product categories to have a textarea where I can add text, so when a user clicks on the categories in the menu to open a page where this text in the textarea will appear. In other words when you add a product there is a description textarea that appears on the products page...I want the same thing for the category of the products.

header tags seo has built in code for that?

thanks again

George

thank you very much for your answers, but I'm not sure that my question was well put or my knowledge on oscommerce and header tags seo is limited, but what I want is this.

I want an addon so in product categories to have a textarea where I can add text, so when a user clicks on the categories in the menu to open a page where this text in the textarea will appear. In other words when you add a product there is a description textarea that appears on the products page...I want the same thing for the category of the products.

Itseems you are talking about two different things. The title of this thread is about category descriptions and you eantion above to have a textares for the categories. But then you say you want it to appear on the products page. The product already has a description textarea so this doesn't make sense to me. But if you want a textarea where you can add a category description and have that description show up on the category page, then Header Tags will do that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

thank you very much for the help.

yes what I want is exactly that: "a textarea where you can add a category description and have that description show up on the category page"

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mentioned products textareas and pages just to give an example of what I want...what happens in products to happen in categories as well.

Thanks again

George