• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS template / and CSS causing a gap (help?)

steffanih

I have a cart with OSC to CSS and STS Template installed. There is a large gap of about 20 pixels between my header and body portion of the site, and I have been unable to locate what is causing it. (see image). Has anyone else had this problem and know which file the problem might be in. I have checked the padding and margins on my CSS and looked for formatting tags which may be causing it without any success.

gapk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well, it's impossible to say something seeing just this image, but for sure there is no mystery :)

Do you have your site online? Can you say the url?

EDIT: I think you are in the wrong forum, this here is for version 3 and you use version RC2a, right?

Edited by multimixer

Well, it's impossible to say something seeing just this image, but for sure there is no mystery :)

Do you have your site online? Can you say the url?

EDIT: I think you are in the wrong forum, this here is for version 3 and you use version RC2a, right?

Using RC2a.... though I was in the right place.

My source code is longer than the Nile, so I'll spare you. I thought it was a padding thing but I've removed the top and bottom padding off of everything in my css to locate it, no luck there.

Has anyone had this issue with STS?

Thats not a general "STS issue" or something, it has to do with how the page is constructed.

The "gap" can be produced in the sts template file, or in the actual .php file (that gets inserted to sts via the $content$ tag), or a included file (header.php) it can be related to css (paddings, margins etc), or t can be related on how your tables are nested (I guess you use tables, I don't know), or it can be maybe a transparent image there?

Many possible reasons, it's impossible to say without seeing your page, nobody can say something concrete because of an image you post.

However, you can examine your Nile, with the help of the developer tools of firefox, so you get an idea whats going on