• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Event Calender

FastEddy

I have done your modifications and there are good ! Tks. :thumbsup:

Where can I found the date code for TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED and TABLE_HEADING_DATE_END (all TABLE_HEADING_... found on events_manager.php to change the date order).

I had change in events_calendar_listing.php (L.71) for exemple

'text'   => date("j F Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, $day, $month, $year)));

In the Admin Panel I have done that :

0062eo.png

and

0079sb.png

My Calendar :

0050dn.png

When I click on Ev?nements or on Avril 2006 (in the shop), I obtain that :

0014yx.png

(4 June 2008 ??? it's not that I have set on the Admin panel <_< ).

In the monthualy page, I have Month,Year (how delet the"," between ?) but with the good month translation. But where translate the months see under this line ?

If I choose May and I lick to see the events of the month, I have that :

0085hd.png

(Nothing ? :blink: but I have set April 2006 to 5 Mai 2006 !)

Thanks.

Just wanted to let you know that I did find some sql that i could change to fix the display of the event that crosses over 2 months. I am working on finishing that up so that I can upload the changes.

As for the strange date display from 2005-04-30 to displaying 4 June 2008, I am not sure what happened but my initial thought is it may have something to do with changing the format of the date. Either a spot missed or not changed quite right or something, not sure yet.

I have uploaded some changes to the contribution page.

* Updated display and listing of events that cross over months (start date is in month 1 and end date is in month 2).

- now displays in All Event view

- now displays in both Month views

- now displays in Other Events listing in an event detail view.

- now displays in Day views.

* Event Nav Bar Titles moved to the events_calendar.php language file.

* Event Detail dates border and display style moved to style sheet

- new class = .event_header_dates

* Display date format centralized to a variable in the events_calendar.php: $dateDisplayFormat

I have done your new changes (only change the pages you have done) but it's not good. When I click on Events (the heading title) I have this error message :

Warning: main(includes/page_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\easyphp1-8\www\ec\catalog\events_calendar.php on line 89

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/page_top.php' (include_path='.;C:/EasyPHP1-8\php\pear\') in c:\easyphp1-8\www\ec\catalog\events_calendar.php on line 89

The corresponding code is :

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'page_top.php'); ?>

What we do ? :(

I have done your new changes (only change the pages you have done) but it's not good. When I click on Events (the heading title) I have this error message :

The corresponding code is :

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'page_top.php'); ?>

What we do ? :(

Ive got v2 installed and woring fine, I do however have a problem with the cart links they are created as:

http://www.divebureau.com/divebureau.com//product_info.php?

anyone any advice what i have configured wrong?

Hi !

We need our visitors to be able to insert new events. I've tried to modify the admin file but the preview (and thus"insert") doesn't work. Can anyone help with the following code ?

<?php

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/'.FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_SUBMIT);

define('SECTION', NAVBAR_TITLE);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_SUBMIT, '', 'NONSSL'));

$languages = tep_get_languages();

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])

{

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])

{

case 'edit':

$HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] = 'new';

break;

case 'preview':

$HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] = 'preview';

case 'insert':

case 'update':

if (!$HTTP_POST_VARS['preview_x'])

{

if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['edit_x']) || ($HTTP_POST_VARS['edit_y']) || ($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']) || ($HTTP_POST_VARS['cPath']) || ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) || ($HTTP_POST_VARS['upcoming']) )

{

break;

}

}

$event_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['eID'];

$start_event = $HTTP_POST_VARS['start'];

$event_error = false;

if (empty($start_event))

{

$messageStack->add(ERROR_EVENT_START_DATE, 'error');

$event_error = true;

}

$haveTitle = false;

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++)

{

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$event_title = $HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id];

if(!empty($event_title))

{

$haveTitle = true;

//$messageStack->add(ERROR_EVENT_TITLE, 'error');

//$event_error = true;

}

}

if(!$haveTitle)

{

$messageStack->add(ERROR_EVENT_TITLE, 'error');

$event_error = true;

}

if (!$event_error)

{

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'preview')

{

break;

}

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++)

{

$sql_data_array = array('start_date' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['start']),

'end_date' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['end']),

'title' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id]),

'description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id]),

'event_image' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image']),

'link' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['link']));

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'insert')

{

$sql_data_array['event_id'] = $event_id;

$sql_data_array['language_id'] = $language_id;

$sql_data_array['date_added'] = 'now()';

tep_db_perform(TABLE_EVENTS_CALENDAR, $sql_data_array);

$event_id = tep_db_insert_id();

}

elseif ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')

{

tep_db_perform(TABLE_EVENTS_CALENDAR, $sql_data_array, 'update', 'event_id = \'' . tep_db_input($event_id) . '\' and language_id = \'' . $language_id . '\'');

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_SUBMIT));

}

else

{

}

break;

}

}

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<HTML <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<HEAD>

<LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.css">

<script language="JavaScript" src="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.js"></script>

<script language="javascript">

var scImgPath = '../includes/javascript/spiffyCal/images/';

var start_date = new ctlSpiffyCalendarBox("start_date", "events", "start", "btnDate1","<?php echo $start_d ; ?>",scBTNMODE_CUSTOMBLUE);

var end_date = new ctlSpiffyCalendarBox("end_date", "events", "end", "btnDate2","<?php echo $end_d ; ?>",scBTNMODE_CUSTOMBLUE);

</script>

</HEAD>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<div id="spiffycalendar" class="text"></div>

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?> " valign="top">

<table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?> " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td valign="top">

<table border="0" width="600" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading" height="36"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right">

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_SUBMIT, 'action=new') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_new_event.gif', IMAGE_NEW_EVENT, 'align=absmiddle' ) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign="top">

<?php

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'new') {

$form_action = 'preview';

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['eID']) {

$eID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['eID']);

$form_action = 'preview';

$events_query = tep_db_query("select event_id, start_date, end_date, event_image, link, date_added from " . TABLE_EVENTS_CALENDAR . " where event_id = '" . tep_db_input($eID) . "'");

$events = tep_db_fetch_array($events_query);

}

$start_d =($HTTP_POST_VARS['start'] ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['start'] : $events['start_date']);

$end_d =($HTTP_POST_VARS['end'] ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['end'] : $events['end_date']);

//print_r ($events);

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

$events_language_query = tep_db_query("select title, description from " . TABLE_EVENTS_CALENDAR . " where event_id = '" . tep_db_input($eID) . "' and language_id = '" . $languages[$i]['id'] . "'");

$events_language[$i] = tep_db_fetch_array($events_language_query);

//print_r ($events_language[$i]);

}

?>

<table border="0" width="600" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<?php echo tep_draw_form('events', FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_SUBMIT, '&eID='. $eID .'&action=' . $form_action, 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'); if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['eID']) echo tep_draw_hidden_field('eID', $eID); ?>

<td>

<table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="4" class="columnLeft">

<?php

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['eID'])

echo '<tr>'.

'<td class="main" colspan="2">'. TEXT_EVENT_ID .' '. $events['event_id'] .' '. TEXT_EVENT_DATE_ADDED .' '. $events['date_added'] .'</td></tr>'.

'</tr>';

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_START; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><script language="javascript">start_date.writeControl(); start_date.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script> <font color="red"> * required </font></td>

<td> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_END; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><script language="javascript">end_date.writeControl(); end_date.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<?php if ($i == 0) echo '<td class="main" valign="top" rowspan="'. $n .'" nowrap>'. TEXT_EVENT_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' .

tep_draw_input_field('title[' . $language_id . ']',(($HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id]) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id] : $events_language[$i]['title']), 'size="50"', false); ?> <font color="red"> * required </font></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<?php

?>

<?php if ($i == 0) echo '<td class="main" valign="top" rowspan="'. $n .'" nowrap>'. TEXT_EVENT_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('description[' . $language_id . ']', 'soft', '80%', '6', (($HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id]) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id] : $events_language[$i]['description']) ); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_LINK; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('link', $events['link'], 'size="50"', false); ?><br><font class="smalltext"><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_LINK_HELP ; ?></font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_IMAGE; ?></td>

<td class="main">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main">

<?php

echo tep_draw_file_field('event_image') . tep_draw_hidden_field('event_previous_image', (($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image'] : $events['event_image'])) .'<td><td class="main">'. (($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image'] : $events['event_image']) .' </td>';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image'] || $events['event_image']) {

$event_image = ($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image'] ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image'] : $events['event_image']);

echo '<td class="main">'. tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES .'events_images/' . $event_image , $HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id], 50, 50, 'align="right" hspace="2" vspace="2"') .'</td>'.

'<td class="main"> '. TEXT_EVENT_NO_IMAGE .' '. tep_draw_checkbox_field('no_image', $value = '', $checked = false, $compare = '') .'</td>';

}

?>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right">

<?php echo tep_image_submit('button_preview.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW, 'name="preview"') ; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</form>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

} elseif ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'preview') {

$form_action = 'insert';

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['eID']) {

$eID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['eID']);

$form_action = 'update';

}

if($HTTP_POST_VARS['no_image']) {

$event_image = '';

}else{

if ($event_image = new upload('event_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'events_images/')) {

$event_image = $event_image->filename;

} else {

$event_image = $HTTP_POST_VARS['event_previous_image'];

}

}

?>

<table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2">

<?php echo tep_draw_form('events', FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_SUBMIT, '&eID='. $eID .'&action=' . $form_action); if ($form_action == 'update' || $form_action == 'insert') echo tep_draw_hidden_field('eID', $eID); ?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3" align="center" class="main"><b><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_PREVIEW; ?></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="3"> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$clsp = 2;

echo '<tr><td class="main" valign="top">'. tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' </td>';

echo '<td width="100%" >';

echo '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" class="event">'.

'<tr>'.

'<td width="100%" bgcolor="#D9DEE6" class="main" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #D9DEE6" nowrap>'. TEXT_EVENT_TITLE .' '. $HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id] . tep_draw_hidden_field('title[' . $language_id . ']', $HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id]) .'</td>';

if($HTTP_POST_VARS['end']){

echo '<td bgcolor="#D9DEE6" align="center" nowrap><div class="event" style="border: 1px inset #F2F4F7"> '. TEXT_EVENT_START .' '. $HTTP_POST_VARS['start'] .' </div></td><td bgcolor="#D9DEE6" align="center" nowrap><div class="event" style="border: 1px inset #F2F4F7"> '. TEXT_EVENT_END .' '. $HTTP_POST_VARS['end'] .' </div></td>';

$clsp++;

}

echo '</tr><tr>'.

'<td colspan="'. $clsp . '" class="main">'. TEXT_EVENT_DESCRIPTION .'<br>';

if ($event_image != ''){

echo'<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="right"><tr>'.

'<td class="main">'. tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES .'events_images/' . $event_image , $HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id], '', '', 'align="right" hspace="5" vspace="5"') .'</td>'.

'</tr></table>';

}

echo $HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id] . tep_draw_hidden_field('description[' . $language_id . ']', $HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id]) .'</td>';

if($HTTP_POST_VARS['link']){

echo '</tr><tr>'.

'<td colspan="'. $clsp . '" bgcolor="#F5F5F5" align="left" class="main">'. TEXT_EVENT_LINK .' <a href="http://'. $HTTP_POST_VARS['link'] .'" target="_blank">'. $HTTP_POST_VARS['link'] .'</a>'. tep_draw_hidden_field('link', $HTTP_POST_VARS['link']) .'</td>';

}

echo '</tr></table>';

}

echo'</td></tr>';

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3" class="main" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_EVENT_START .' '. $HTTP_POST_VARS['start'] . tep_draw_hidden_field('start', $HTTP_POST_VARS['start']) . tep_draw_hidden_field('event_image', $event_image_name); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['end'])

echo '<tr><td colspan="3" class="main">'. TEXT_EVENT_END .' '. $HTTP_POST_VARS['end'] . tep_draw_hidden_field('end', $HTTP_POST_VARS['end']) .'</td></tr>';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['link'])

echo '<tr><td colspan="3" class="main">'. TEXT_EVENT_LINK .' <a href="http://'. $HTTP_POST_VARS['link'] .'" target="_blank">'. $HTTP_POST_VARS['link'] .'</a>'. tep_draw_hidden_field('link', $HTTP_POST_VARS['link']) .'</td></tr>';

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3">

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right">

<?php echo tep_image_submit('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK, 'name="edit" align="absmiddle"') . ' '; ?>

<?php echo (($form_action == 'insert') ? tep_image_submit('button_insert.gif', IMAGE_INSERT, 'align="absmiddle"') : tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE, 'align="absmiddle"')); ?>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</form>

</table>

<?php

}?>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td><!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</BODY>

</HTML>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

OSC2.2

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have installed the Events Calendar (v2.0??) and it isn't working in IE but works fine in Mozilla. there is an error displayed down in the toolbar, details:

Line: 82

Char: 1

Error: Permission denied

Code: 0

URL://http.www.myscrapshop.com.au/calendar_content.php?_month=&_year=

a Javascript console??? don't see that under Tools.

but... I fixed the problem, simple really... I didn't put in a description for german or spanish (it does have the *req next to it but I must have just skipped over it) and now that i've done that it works great.

Hello--I just installed this contribution on one of my sites and it all seems fine except I can not view any events--the box shows up but if I click on the month or the year vies I get a page not found--this is the exact errors:

The requested URL /events_calendar.php?_month=6&_year=2006&year_view=0 does not exist.

The requested URL /events_calendar.php?_month=6&_year=2006&year_view=1 does not exist.

The admin seems to work like it should, but I dont see any way to access the catalog side of the calender events.

I used pnkrangers newest contribution and updates---maybe this is the problem?

Please advise, thank you!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

seems I figured it out--now I need to format the look to not thro the page out of whack

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

is there a way to make it so that the event info box will highlight the days that have events assigned to them? This would be nice, and maybe so that the highlighted day can be clickable to go right to the selected day?

Edited by rabbitseffort

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

in case anyone else has a fixed width and needs to know what to change to make it work right in the layout find this line in events_calendar.php:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

and change to this:

<table border="0" width="715" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" align="center">

or whatever works for your site--hope this helps

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

seems that it will be clickable as long as there is a beginning and an end date added--if only a begin date is added it is not clickable.

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Ok,

I have installed this calendar and it seems to be working. I just have two small things that are buggin me.

First I can't figure out where on the style sheet to change the background colors on the top and bottom portions of the calander.

http://www.piecesofargentina.com/shopping/index.php

Second on the event_calendar.php page The formating is off and the page is stretching out too far.

http://www.piecesofargentina.com/shopping/...view=all_events

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shelby :blush:

OK I figured out how to change the look but it is still stretching too far??? Help please

Shelby

• 4 weeks later...
sorry one more thing... this error in my admin as i try and enter a new event...

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/s2as/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php on line 67

thanks for all your info

Angelo

I'm getting this error too. I happened after I upgraded php and mysql. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Cheers

Andy

I'm getting this error too. I happened after I upgraded php and mysql. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Cheers

Andy

I found the fix:

change lines 88 and 122 of catalog/admin/inlcudes/boxes/event_drop_dns.php

From

echo $box->menuBox($heading,'');

To

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $info_box_contents);

I am receiving the following error when I click on to the calendar:

All Events

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1

select *, DAYOFMONTH(start_date) AS event from events_calendar where (start_date >= '2006-07-22 17:43:05' or end_date >= '2006-07-22 17:43:05') and language_id = '1' order by start_date limit -10, 10

[TEP STOP]

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Shuey

Thanks Enigma! Much appreciated!

I am having another issue in the events manager when I add an event. There are no fields for me to enter in a start or end date.

Thanks!

Shuey