• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Event Calender

FastEddy

Someone Please reply....

Hello All,

I got past the original error I was having - it was an idiotic oversight...I had not even uploaded a file..lol

But now I guess I do have some legit problems I need help with.

1) I can not get Images to work at all. I have tried to "upload" one thru admin feature. The name of the image shows up in the db, but nothing shows up on the actual page when viewing.  So then I went in and created a new event, and this time put in an absolute path to an image, including http:...and still get the same...

2) I don't have "manufacturers" for my site. All products are books, videos, etc. In the Admin tool, for new event, I select one of my categories of products to link to the event. The page re-loads. Sometimes products are loaded into the drop-down of products (but always listing each product like 5 times...) or I get the next bit of code to show up <!--- categ... and then thats it. Either way, when I do select a product that has loaded, it doesnt show up in the page view...

3) In Admin, clicking on Edit an event...only some of the page loads, and never shows insert, update, etc....

4) I have also been toying with the code, etc. to produce on the page + admin tool + db, Start Time / End Time type of thing...It shows up properly in the admin tool, but not on the page...It may be the db field settings..I will toy with that a bit and let you know if I still come up empty.

Please, if anyone has any advice, tips, solutions, answers or questions about the above....Let me know! :) Thanks.

It's because the calendar is loaded inside the i-frame and therefore also the calendar page is added to "navigation history" (did not think about it before).

Try this:

in catalog/includes/application_top find:

$navigation->add_current_page();

and change to :

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT){
 $navigation->add_current_page();
}

by the way also "who's on line" in admin, is affected by the same problem so in catalog/includes/application_top find:

// include the who's online functions
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');
 tep_update_whos_online();

and do the same thing:

// include the who's online functions
if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT){
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');
 tep_update_whos_online();
}

HTH

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my gosh! Less than 24 Hours ago, I took out the events calendar 2.0 because of this! I never came across this thread :lol: :lol: :lol: hahaha . Well after I took it off I installed v1.0 and applied the 1.0bug fixes and everything seems to be working..I no longer have the problem on the 'continue shopping' link not working properly....plus I like the fact that the calendar in not loading in an i-frame.

But I had to correct most of the instructions on installing v1.0 and will try to release corrections if anyone else could benefit.

Someone Please reply....

If I were you I would try to retrace steps and remove it and install it again before you modify things....and probaly apply the fix above I mentioned because if people clicked on 'Cart Contents' and then on 'Continue Shopping' they used to get wrong page....

then go from there......... If you continue having problems ... well v1.0 seems to work.

If you want to see example of 1st version you can go here:

Example of v1.0

I think you need to re-read my post. My install is fine and most everything works. The problem you were having with the Cart Contents thing - I do not have...

My issues are very different, as stated above. Thanks however.

If I were you I would try to retrace steps and remove it and install it again before you modify things....and probaly apply the fix above I mentioned because if people clicked on 'Cart Contents' and then on 'Continue Shopping' they used to get wrong page....

then go from there......... If you continue having problems  ... well v1.0 seems to work.

If you want to see example of 1st version you can go here:

Example of v1.0

No dont need to. Take a look at this thread, it goes back to almost the start of 2003 yet it is only 4 pages.....really just 3 of useful info...

dont expect to get help....

Thats why I said retrace your steps and remove it, especially because you admitted to modifying the code, now you dont know if it is something you have done or a problem with the default code..... ... and reinstall it..and go from there.

Hope you get it working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I would like to know if people who installed the events calendar contribution meet the same problem as me. When I enter a new event with a start date and an end date, the event is only displayed for the start date.

As a consequence if the events starts on february, 2nd and ends on march,1st the customer can only view this event for february, 2nd .

Do you have the event displayed for the period between the start date & the end date?

Thanks in advance!

OSC2.2

Yay, managed to fix my earlier problem relating to installing the Event Calendar on MS2.2:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in .../catalog/events_calendar.php on line 323

Basically, I replaced one of the files modified (/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php) in the Event Calendar contribution with it's unmodifed version from an earlier backup.

Not sure exactly what part of the code wasn't working, but am happy now that my Calendar works ;-)

Hope this helps someone else...Rob

THANKS ROB!

That was the answer that I too have been fighting with for the past 3 hours. I installed this awesome contribution and then after receiving the error message, I reinstalled and modified annd double checked every file twice because of the error message. Thanks everyone for your help.

Best wishes,

AlldaRon

• 2 months later...

i just installed this contribution and at first i experienced some MySQL 1064 errors, but i fixed them with the bug report http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1605

The 1064 error appears when the events_calendar table is empty, so i tried to add some data but i had problems with the events manager in the admin.

In the OSC Link box i get the Manufacturer drop down menu, the category drop down menu and then this text:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\table_block.php on line 67

The line in question is

65       $tableBox_string .= ' ' . $this->table_data_parameters;
66          }
67          $tableBox_string .= '>' . $contents[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n";
68        }

If i select a manufacturer, the field stays empty, the categories field resets to "Top" and then the Product field appears, but the same error appears below all 3 drop down menus, and i can't add any events through the events manager.

If i add the events directly in the table they show on the catalog, but the events manager is not working.

I am using 2.2MS2

Anyone still helping on this contribution?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ipimen

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Steve

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\table_block.php on line 67

The line in question is

65       $tableBox_string .= ' ' . $this->table_data_parameters;
66          }
67          $tableBox_string .= '>' . $contents[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n";
68        }

• 2 months later...
[snip...]

In the OSC Link box i get the Manufacturer drop down menu, the category drop down menu and then this text:

[snip...]

I think i found a solution to this problem :D At least i can see the event manager now and i don't get any errors. I have also been able to add events and they show on the catalog. Here's what i did:

open catalog/admin/includes/boxes/event_drop_dns.php and search for line 88

83 } else {
84  $heading = array();
85  $heading[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => TEXT_CHOOSE_PRODUCT );
86  $info_box_contents = array();
87  $box = new box;
88  echo $box->menuBox($heading,'');
89}

replace this line with

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $info_box_contents);

Do the same thing with line 122 and voil?, no more errors :D

Good luck

Edited by ipimen

I'm having a problem where my events aren't initially showing up on the events_calendar.php page. You can use the drop-down to select a date, but it always says "No Events found.". I have tried all kinds of start and end date combinations and it never shows up initially on the page.

Could someone please let me know what may cause this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have loaded this contribution on a development site:

http://bbtackle.yourtotallifesolutions.com/

I am please with the basics of the calendar having used it on other sites already.

The site is heavily modified and will be more informational/ document related that product related.

I need to be able to specify Start/End Date AND TIME down to seconds.

Changing start_date and end_date to TYPE=DATETIME in the DB for the most part works, however on the Calendar Views and InfoBox Dates with events are no longer underlines and linked. Does anyone know a work around?

Secondly, events listed for the same day or month, etc need to be displayed in chronological order, not by event entry. Are there any suggestions here?

Thanks

Tim A.

• 1 month later...

I have the calendar up and running successfully!

However, I too want to place the calendar inside an infobox. The iframes and php call for the date are causing me all sorts of problems and I can not get any combination of code to work! Can any one provide guidance about how to get the calendar inside an info box?? Any suggested code would be great...

Thanks in advance

Gareth

I have the calendar up and running successfully!

However, I too want to place the calendar inside an infobox.  The iframes and php call for the date are causing me all sorts of problems and I can not get any combination of code to work!  Can any one provide guidance about how to get the calendar inside an info box??  Any suggested code would be great...

Thanks in advance

Gareth

In the great tradition of many of my posts I yet again find the answer to my own question.... here it is how to put Event Calender in InfoBox

Hope that this helps others.....

G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've got a strange problem: I've installed the Event Calander and it's working fine. But:

I've also installed 4 languages (dutch, english, french & german) where Dutch is the first language to show. When I click on the event calendar in Dutch, nothing is wrong, but when I'm entering the site in English, German of French and then go to the Event Calendar and click on any event-date, then I'm forwarded to the Dutch version of the site.

Only when after forwarding to the Dutch site, I click on the other languages and then the translation is working fine. But the main problem is that it's not possible to go directly to french, german or english and see what's in the event calendar because i'm redirected to the dutch-site.

Is there anybody who knowns this problem and can fix this?

marcus

I think that there might be something missing from this contribution but I dont know how to correct it.

Manybe someone can help....

The problem is that I have SSL enabled on my site. Everything was fine (al the config files set correctly) untill I added this contribution. For some reason all pages relating to the Event Calender only under https. This leads to users of my site geting "some of the content of this page is unsecure" type messages.....

Have I missed something or has the contribution only been designed to work non-ssl

Thanks

Gareth

• 2 months later...

server has not found anything matching the Requested URI.

No indication has been given as to whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

Please contact the domain owner or try again. Are there errors in the address?

i get this actually in a small box where the calender should show

• 4 weeks later...

Ok,

I have installed this calendar and it seems to be working. I just have two small things that are buggin me.

First I can't figure out where on the style sheet to change the background colors on the top and bottom portions of the calander.

http://www.piecesofargentina.com/shopping/index.php

Second on the event_calendar.php page The formating is off and the page is stretching out too far.

http://www.piecesofargentina.com/shopping/...view=all_events

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shelby :blush:

• 1 month later...

Hi, i'm getting this error on the catalog side (my admin seems to work fine)

Warning: Division by zero in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/.../oscommerce-2.2ms2/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 58

FEBRUARY,

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, MAX_DISPLAY_NUMBER_EVENTS' at line 1

select *, DAYOFMONTH(start_date) AS event from events_calendar where MONTH(start_date) = '02' and YEAR(start_date) = '' and language_id = '4' order by start_date limit -0, MAX_DISPLAY_NUMBER_EVENTS

Can someone tell me what this means pls??

Kind Regards,

Tom

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

• 1 month later...

I really like this contrib, but having one problem:

1. the days of the week show up as So, Mo, Di, Mi, Do, Fr, Sa

You can view it here:

http://aanddclokeyenterprisesinc.com/osCom...talog/index.php

Its on the bottom left side.

I looked at many of the files, but couldn't find the script that might be causing this. Driving me nuts for about an hour now.

Edited by aheisey