• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Event Calender

FastEddy

I just downloaded and added this event calendar to my customers site as they asked me for an easy to use events page that they could easily update. This really ticks all the boxes and I'm sure they will find this a great easy to use tool for their site. It was easy to install, worked first time, and is simple to update through the admin interface. I'd like to say thanks to the original creator of this contribution and thanks also to everyone who has added and improved this contribution. It's great!

G. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you may have an ' where there shouldn't be

I checked all the code once again - that was not the case but thanks for the try. I still cannot get this contrib to work - had to back out of it.

Perhaps this does not work with RC1? I noticed some differences with line numbers in the instructions. Has anyone been successful with this in RC1?

It looks like a really good contrib... I wish I could get this to work. I could really use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an example of this on a live store that I can see before I spend the time on it. Just want to see if it something that I really want.

Thanks

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

We're also unable to delete events ocne they have been added. Also when clicking on any highlighted date it takes us to a page titled November 30, 1999 :(

Alex

Hi all,

I've installed this contrib (May 2nd download) and checked all the code changes twice but am getting the following errors:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home//public_html/includes/boxes/calendar.php on line 1

and selecting Events Manager in the Admin Tool...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/public_html/admin/events_manager.php on line 1

I'm a bit lost - can anyone shed any light? :blink:

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm also having the same problem, I'm using the latest package by eurolife.

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.

I checked all the code once again - that was not the case but thanks for the try. I still cannot get this contrib to work - had to back out of it.

Perhaps this does not work with RC1? I noticed some differences with line numbers in the instructions. Has anyone been successful with this in RC1?

It looks like a really good contrib... I wish I could get this to work. I could really use it.

Hi I got mine working now, I'm using rc1 oscommerce, I just used the other package not the latest one. it works good I'm in the process of modifying the css to fit to my website.

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.

I have made some improvements, but still the box is not working correctly. I changed it from iframe to a box, but it shows nothing.

if you want to take a look at my site (it's still work in progress) visit www.alcova.biz but first you have to change your hosts file adding

67.15.84.51 www.alcova.biz

(the site it's not the actual online one...)

thanks for any help

ciao

Stefano

I am using STS, it's working fine in Admin but I get nothing from the customer front end.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I am using STS, it's working fine in Admin but I get nothing from the customer front end.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Lotti,

Did this fix your problem?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1174231

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Bill's solution gets the events calendar onto the main page, I do have other issues but they are not related to STS, this contribution works fine with STS so long as you follow Bills very helpful instructions.

Thanks

This contribution is what I really need, nice to see its working on your site. :)

Mine works fine on I.E. but does not work on Firefox - did you run into any problems with different browsers - I see yours works fine on Fireforx.

Thanks

Mine works fine on I.E. but does not work on Firefox - did you run into any problems with different browsers - I see yours works fine on Fireforx.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to get this working on Firefox - when I view on Firefox the calender is inactive - ie cannot scroll to a new month and not in a box.

I really need to get this working

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I am also trying to install the latest release of the calendar and am running into some errors:

On the Admin side, once I try to add an event I receive this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /usr/www/users/rarity4u/catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php on line 67

The catalog side seems to be working OK

Can anybody help with this problem? :blush:

I am also trying to install the latest release of the calendar and am running into some errors:

On the Admin side, once I try to add an event I receive this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /usr/www/users/rarity4u/catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php on line 67

The catalog side seems to be working OK

Can anybody help with this problem? :blush:

I have managed to solve the problem. It was the same fix as post #85

Everything is now working well

• 3 weeks later...

This contribution is fantastic!! I worked first time withe the exception of this problem...when you view the details of an event (having clicked on a date), the page stretches across the screen pushing the right_column to the right (and sometimes beyond). I must add that I am using a Fixed Width site (with the width being set via CSS)

I have read and re-read this forum and haven't been able to find a solution. One post suggested that you can change the table width (for the body) but that didn't work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have found the source of the problem (unfirtunately I am a PHP newbie) but don't know how to fix it. The problem is to do with the length of the 'Title' that you enter in for the event. If it is long enough, it will cause the dropdown list of events to become too wide, thus pushing the whole table out (even if you attempt to constrain the table with a fixed width).

Does anyone know how to limit the number of characters displayed in the drop down box?

Thanks, Jazzboe

hello

somebody can it help me I have translate events calendar in french but the date show not in good order and always in English "month day year" and i want "day month year" some body can help

thanks.... :'(

hello

somebody can it help me I have translate events calendar in french but the date show not in good order and always in English "month day year" and i want "day month year" some body can help

thanks.... :'(

Hi Neolo,

I would start by reading some of the previous posts, starting from post #160 onwards - others with european date requirements....

Having overcome my initial problem of thepages being stretched (simple reduce the length of the 'Title'), I have encountered the same problem as for post #168. I a customer is part way through shopping and clicks on an event, the cart content is lost. Anyone else encountering this or even better, can point me towards a solution?

Thanks, Jazzboe

Hi all,

I have installed this contribution, specifically, mmosttler 19 Mar 2006 version.

Everything looks right in place except the spiffycal calendar which doesn't work. That means that

I can't enter the start date in admin because the text area doesn't show up..

I am almost certain that this is because the script can't find my javascript dir which ofcourse is

rightly located in /includes/javascript/

Spiffycal calendar in /admin/categories.php also doesn't work. which is why I reckon it has to do with my

javascript dir location as this was working before until I did the following:

- I installed jdk1.5.0_14 (JavaTM 2 Platform Standard Edition Development Kit) on the same

server. (Needed this for another program)

- As a result, I have had to point java home to JDK location ie export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.5.0_14

Could this have probably broken a connection in oscommerce link to javascript location?

If not, is there a way to point oscommerce scripts using spiffycal to /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_14

(may be place a copy of spiffycal javascript in that directory)?

Anyone with ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Hi Neolo,

I would start by reading some of the previous posts, starting from post #160 onwards - others with european date requirements....

i did it i really dit it but the date stay in english and when i invert the d F, Y in F d Y its worst the date being 20/07/2010 something like that .... :'(

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me how to get this working on Firefox - when I view on Firefox the calender is inactive - ie cannot scroll to a new month and not in a box.

I really need to get this working

Thanks

Does anyone else have a problem getting this running in Firefox, I just can't work out how to fix this.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am a newbi in PHP and osCommerce. I added Events_Calendar from eurolife's both may1,2 2007.

The error come up once I post it. Can anyone help? may thanks.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/sophi18/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/calendar.php on line 231

The code is as below:

===============================

/* Generate the HTML for a given month */

function getMonthHTML($m, $y, $show = 1)

{

$s = "";

$a = $this->adjustDate($m, $y);

$month = $a[0];

$year = $a[1];

$daysInMonth = $this->getDaysInMonth($month, $year);

$date = getdate(mktime(12, 0, 0, $month, 1, $year));

$first = $date["wday"];

$monthName = $this->monthNames[$month - 1];

$prev = $this->adjustDate($month - 1, $year);

$next = $this->adjustDate($month + 1, $year);

$this_month = date('m');

$this_year = date('Y');

$header = $monthName . (($show > 0) ? " " . $year : "");

$D = $this->monthNames[11].' ';

$J = $this->monthNames[0].' ';

if ($show == 1)

{

$prevMonth = '<a href='. FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT. $this->getCalendarLink($prev[0], $prev[1]) . '

target=calendar title='. $this->monthNames[$month - 2] . (($month-2 < 1) ? $D.($year-1) : ' '.$year). '><</a>';

/* L230 */

$nextMonth = '<a href='. FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT. $this->getCalendarLink($next[0], $next[1]).'

target=calendar title='. $this->monthNames[$month + 0] . (($month+0 > 11) ? $J.($year+1) : ' '. $year) .' >></a>'; }

else

{

$prevMonth = "";

$nextMonth = "";

}