• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC to CSS v2

npn2531

Hi guys,

I have not found a topic to post some issues on the new 2.3 version, that i'm testing based on the github version. I have the problem of the passwordhash.php , i cannot access some functionality of the test store, like admin, login, etc. Som kind of passwordhash error comes up on line 51 ( /includes/classes/passwordhash.php on line 51, Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable] ) and everything stops. If someone can help me to figure out this. Or this is just because its not a released version yet, and will be solved when the final comes out ( hopefully tonight).

Thanks a lot,

FG,Hun.

Edited by funkygee

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. What a breath of fresh air this conversion is! I've just installed it along with the 'securityPro' contribution. I've found though that both the 'buy now' and 'add to cart' buttons do not seem to do anything. They do not add anything to the cart nor does the json cart pop up.

I'm not able to post a link as I'm working on localhost.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Hi guys. What a breath of fresh air this conversion is! I've just installed it along with the 'securityPro' contribution. I've found though that both the 'buy now' and 'add to cart' buttons do not seem to do anything. They do not add anything to the cart nor does the json cart pop up.

I'm not able to post a link as I'm working on localhost.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Are you connected to the internet whilst on localhost as the jquery library is called from google (see the install for application_top.php)

Are you connected to the internet whilst on localhost as the jquery library is called from google (see the install for application_top.php)

Yes connected to the internet. Will download and save them to the directory to see if this helps although, I can't see this making any difference.

If you aren't connected to the internet and therefore the external jquery reference the buy and add to cart buttons should revert to normal behavior, so it does sounds like something is amiss.

If you get the IE popup warning about secure and insecure items, then either download the jquery files from the jquery site or google site, or use this sort of reference for the external jquery files:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && (strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://') . 'ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js'; ?>"></script>

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

If you aren't connected to the internet and therefore the external jquery reference the buy and add to cart buttons should revert to normal behavior, so it does sounds like something is amiss.

If you get the IE popup warning about secure and insecure items, then either download the jquery files from the jquery site or google site, or use this sort of reference for the external jquery files:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && (strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://') . 'ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js'; ?>"></script>

Well, I've now used both your code above and also tried downloading the files. Neither of them seem to work. I've resigned mysekf to the fact that it's not going to work so have commented out the 'add to cart' button and reinstated the original one. I don't however know what the original code for the buy now button was. Am I able to copy and paste it straight out of the original osc 2.2 files?

Edited by trianglehead

Well, I've now used both your code above and also tried downloading the files. Neither of them seem to work. I've resigned mysekf to the fact that it's not going to work so have commented out the 'add to cart' button and reinstated the original one. I don't however know what the original code for the buy now button was. Am I able to copy and paste it straight out of the original osc 2.2 files?

Yes, you should be able to cut and paste it from OSC2.2. Also the 'add to cart' button is a contribution or two and also appears in various places in the forum. See 'tips and tricks' .

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

• 3 weeks later...

OSC 2 CSS is set up, centered, 960px wide. If your screen or browser is viewing more that 960px there will be white space. However, you could set the background to another color in the stylesheet.

example:

html{
background:#000000;
}

Oscommerce site:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After applying OSC2CSS those nice "add-to-cart" box that appears has two issues:

1) Easy: window is in English even my language is set to Polish (where can I find strings to modify this window)?

2) no matter what I do when adding something to cart I've got "NULL" information instead of product details. Same happening to shopping cart infobox - but once I go to another page or reload all data in shopping cart are correct.

Any help appreciated :)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing this nice job !

But i have 2 issues :

- Image has normal size on product_info.php. Do you know what's the problem ?

Here is my code in product_info.php which shows the image

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '"target="_blank"   title="'. $product_info['products_name'].'"  rel="prettyPhoto[gallery1]"   >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), addslashes($hello), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<div class="center">' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</div></a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

- I've got "NULL" information instead of product details in shopping cart.

Any idea ?

thank you.

ok, i answer to myself ;-)

Here is what i've done for the issue "Image has normal size on product_info.php".

I've replaced this code :

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '"target="_blank"   title="'. $product_info['products_name'].'"  rel="prettyPhoto[gallery1]"   >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), addslashes($hello), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<div class="center">' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</div></a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

by this one :

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '"target="_blank"   title="'. $product_info['products_name'].'"  rel="prettyPhoto[gallery1]"   >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), addslashes($hello), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<div class="center">' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</div></a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

• 3 weeks later...

OSC 2 CSS is set up, centered, 960px wide. If your screen or browser is viewing more that 960px there will be white space. However, you could set the background to another color in the stylesheet.

example:

html{
background:#000000;
}

Using this, the color selected cover all parts of the page. how could fix this?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all!

I have 2 problems:

1. does anyone has a solution how to fix problem with IE?

My right boxes appears under products...

here is the adress: leo . hr/catalog_leo/

2. On product_info - when you clic product what appears is photo, info - thats all ok, and one table containing Rewiews; Manuf Info; notifications; Tell a friend - how to change language in this table? I changed on everything (page is in croatian language), but i cant find how to dhange this one...

Maybe this is stupid, but im not a pro so please help! :-)

Thank you for great contribution and hard work!

Dear all!

I have 2 problems:

1. does anyone has a solution how to fix problem with IE?

My right boxes appears under products...

here is the adress: leo . hr/catalog_leo/

2. On product_info - when you clic product what appears is photo, info - thats all ok, and one table containing Rewiews; Manuf Info; notifications; Tell a friend - how to change language in this table? I changed on everything (page is in croatian language), but i cant find how to dhange this one...

Maybe this is stupid, but im not a pro so please help! :-)

Thank you for great contribution and hard work!

Hi, what version of IE are you referring to? In IE9 it seems ok.

In answer to number 2, you can change the Tabs in product_info.php

Find this code around line 220.

<!--start ui tabs-->
<ul class="tabs">
   <li><a href="#tab1">Reviews</a></li>
   <li><a href="#tab2">Manufacturer Info</a></li>
   <li><a href="#tab3">Notifications</a></li>
   <li><a href="#tab4">Tell a Friend</a></li>
</ul>

Thank you for answering!

No. 1 I tryed it on IE 8... personally, I dont like IE so i dont have IE9 yet...

No. 2 works great!

Many thanks!

Hi, what version of IE are you referring to? In IE9 it seems ok.

In answer to number 2, you can change the Tabs in product_info.php

Find this code around line 220.

<!--start ui tabs-->
<ul class="tabs">
   <li><a href="#tab1">Reviews</a></li>
   <li><a href="#tab2">Manufacturer Info</a></li>
   <li><a href="#tab3">Notifications</a></li>
   <li><a href="#tab4">Tell a Friend</a></li>
</ul>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i have installed oscommerce v2.3.1 and cann't find on line 68 following code

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                   'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
                                   'text' => ' ' . $lc_text . ' ');
 }

is there an update of contribution for newew version or i am missing something?

thanx for your help

cya

OSC 2 CSSv2 is different from 2.3 . There is no update of OSC 2 CSS for 2.3. There is no point in creating an update of OSC 2 CSSv2 for 2.3 as for the most part OSC 2 CSS has most of the features of 2.3. OSC 2 CSS is designed to upgrade 2.2RC2a.

Oscommerce site:

Hi !

Do yo know how to translate the text which is in JQuery lightbox-like popup "‘Add to Cart’" ?

(shoppin cart updated, continue shoppng, etc.)

Thanks.

Do yo know how to translate the text which is in JQuery lightbox-like popup "‘Add to Cart’" ?

(shoppin cart updated, continue shoppng, etc.)

Again, i answer to myself. Ì've spent 2 hours searching, i don't know how i miss this file :

javascript/osc_cart.js

• 3 months later...

Hello,

In an infobox, what is the best way to center an image using this CSS version? Pulling my hair out trying several things and its not centering.

I'm sure there is an easy fix. Thanks!!

Steve

Not sure this is the best way to do this, but here's how I made it work.

in styles.css, added

.custominfoboxcontents{
text-align: center;
}

then in the custom info box added in

new cssinfoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);
$info_box_contents = array();
?>
   <div class="custominfoboxcontents">
  <?php
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => 'bla bla bla');
new cssinfoBox($info_box_contents);
}
?>
</div>

If anyone has a suggestion please post. Otherwise I hope it helps someone else.

Edited by mcbsolutions

Note that these two div are nested within your div custominfoboxcontents, and therefore the styling for these may be overriding your code. Also pay attention to any padding in any of these classes as that will affect centering.

<div  class="infobox">
<div  class="infoboxcontents">

Oscommerce site:

Note that these two div are nested within your div custominfoboxcontents, and therefore the styling for these may be overriding your code. Also pay attention to any padding in any of these classes as that will affect centering.

<div  class="infobox">
<div  class="infoboxcontents">

Hi George, thanks for reply and your work on this contribution. I'm getting my head around it now and so far so good. I'll keep my eye on those two divs you mentioned as yes I'm aware that they are set by the code in boxes.php The code I posted is working for me, just wasn't sure if this was the best workaround.