• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce v 2.3 - when?

scandic_outlet

WOW! everyone seems so excited about 2.3. Seems like its Christmas already, and everyone cant wait to open there presents :)

those files will be our presents :)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bunch of geeks -- sitting around waiting for a catalogue script to be released ... but that's where I am. Perfect timing too ... I was about to install the catalogue for a client when I got the notice earlier this week that it's coming.

What a bunch of geeks -- sitting around waiting for a catalogue script to be released ... but that's where I am. Perfect timing too ... I was about to install the catalogue for a client when I got the notice earlier this week that it's coming.

Happy to be a geek

Hi all!

First of all, 2.3 is a great step forward! Thanks for the developers :thumbsup: . I have a question about localization. I would like to use one more Latin2 language for our shop besides the "original" ones ( exactly, english should be kept, which would be pretty enough!) How does localization affect the data input to the database from the backend? Is there anything to change for for admin language files in order to keep the right characters in my database?

Thanks in advance! And hurray for the developer team: nice job, well done!

FG.hu

I think congratulations are in order.

Just about error free. Shame about the one E_WARNING for date_default_timezone_get() but I suppose adding a list of regions and related timezones to the installer would have held up the release.

One surprise for me is the total lack of indentation for the html, shame. Propper indentation is so much nicer to read and understand.

I would also have liked to see an end to the use of long arrays, especially as it is quite easy to do as well with a good search and replace tool.

So nice to see the root files reduced to a reasonable level with template_top/bottom controlling the style.

Why didn't you finally remove the final ?> from all the files? the "whitespace" issue is so often encountered and so easily remedied.

I also notice the stream layer language constructs are still syntactically incorrect.

include 'some_filename.php';

Not ..

include( 'some_filename.php' );

It is not a function after all, nitpicking here as it still works but Harald does like his "correctness".

I think it is great that 2.3 uses jQuery which I personally believe to be a library of choice ( if not a full framework ).

I personally like the grid system but I do wonder whether the average user will be able to get to grips with it.

Also love the UI buttons . .so nice to get rid of all the "dodgy" images.

All in all a very sensible and worthwhile release imo ( for what that's worth ).

Excellent new version.

New reviews no longer get posted on the customer side until approved by admin which is great. One small detail though: when a customer writes a review, it would have been clearer if a message appeared on the screen to say "review posted and awaiting approval". Currently it just reverts back to the no reviews page. This could be confusing for customers. This is only a tiny detail though.

Archived