• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Structure Question

kps93

Hello everyone - first time STS user here. I am prefacing this by saying this is probably user errror but I can't figure it out. I've been through the installation, this board and the docs. I think the issue is terminology but I'm lost.

I have installed the contribution and it works properly. However, I am trying to add a new page for a product category. As I'm trying to learn this - I took existing template 60 and just want to put in a new category page. Figured its best just to see how it works before I go to advanced. I have installed index and product info in admin. All folders are the defaults.

I took the existing sts_template.html page from catalog\includes\sts_templates\freeosc_060 and added some HTML text at the top and removed $content. Saved it as the category name product_info.php_c25_27.html in the 60 template folder. sts_template.html is still in the original location. No luck and so I have been reading and trying new locations.

First question - I have item 27 in category 25. The name of category page template should be product_info.php_c25_27.html or product_info.php_25_27.html? Do you need the c in front of the category? I have seen it both ways.

Next question- I'm certain I am putting the template in the wrong directory. I keep reading about a content folder but don't have one in this template or in my catalog. STS_Templates is in catlog\includes. Do I need to create one and missed this step?

Last question - I don't follow the admin folder setup - do I need to add new folders or if I use a default template just leave the defaults.

Apologies for being dumb on this but I've spent about 2 days trying to figure it out and you would think I would get lucky and put something in the right place.

Appreciate any help you can provide and thanks in advance.

Steve

Hello everyone - first time STS user here. I am prefacing this by saying this is probably user errror but I can't figure it out. I've been through the installation, this board and the docs. I think the issue is terminology but I'm lost.

I have installed the contribution and it works properly. However, I am trying to add a new page for a product category. As I'm trying to learn this - I took existing template 60 and just want to put in a new category page. Figured its best just to see how it works before I go to advanced. I have installed index and product info in admin. All folders are the defaults.

I took the existing sts_template.html page from catalog\includes\sts_templates\freeosc_060 and added some HTML text at the top and removed $content. Saved it as the category name product_info.php_c25_27.html in the 60 template folder. sts_template.html is still in the original location. No luck and so I have been reading and trying new locations.

First question - I have item 27 in category 25. The name of category page template should be product_info.php_c25_27.html or product_info.php_25_27.html? Do you need the c in front of the category? I have seen it both ways.

Next question- I'm certain I am putting the template in the wrong directory. I keep reading about a content folder but don't have one in this template or in my catalog. STS_Templates is in catlog\includes. Do I need to create one and missed this step?

Last question - I don't follow the admin folder setup - do I need to add new folders or if I use a default template just leave the defaults.

Apologies for being dumb on this but I've spent about 2 days trying to figure it out and you would think I would get lucky and put something in the right place.

Appreciate any help you can provide and thanks in advance.

Steve

STS is not a standard feature of osCommerce and many "like me" don't use / or have any intention of using it so a post in the general forum is not ideal for you.

I did a google search ( take notice of the structure of the search it will help you finding data on osCommerce ): -

site:oscommerce.com sts

and came up with ..

http://forums.oscomm...83entry148483

Edited by FWR Media

STS is not a standard feature of osCommerce and many "like me" don't use / or have any intention of using it so a post in the general forum is not ideal for you.

I did a google search ( take notice of the structure of the search it will help you finding data on osCommerce ): -

site:oscommerce.com sts

and came up with ..

http://forums.oscomm...83entry148483

Thanks - probably easier to just say post your question in the correct thread. I thought I was posting under STS V4 and apparently got it wrong. I have reposted there but thanks for the help on how to use Google.

Steve