• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can't get Seperate Customer Pricing to install at all

Hi All,

I would really appreciate some help... I have installed oscommerce2.2 rc2a and I can customise the look and feel OK with CSS. I want to implement customer groups so that I can have different groups qualify for different prices. We sell guitar strings and some goes wholesale, some goes to bands at part-enodorsement and some go to the general public at full whack. Could somebody please tell me which version is appropriate and how I go about installing it? I have looked and tried the packages on there but nothing seems to work and not sure why.

Please help!!

Craig,

Separate Price Per Customer (SPPC) is what you are looking for. It is a difficult contribution to install if you already have modifications on your site. I suggest reading the installation instructions thoroughly and take your time installing it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me which version I should be using or give me a link to the whole thing? I can't find the one that is for my version and thus I am not confident that my time is well spent struggling with something I am not sure will work... Could you help with that please?

I have very little experience with PHP nor server side scripting in general. I have not modified it in any other way than replacing images by using the same file names and changing the top banner colour. When should I install this component then?

I appreciate your time so far.

I have SPPC version of 20 7 2008 by Jan Zonjee installed and it is working just fine. I would instal this and then go through the other uploads to see if there is something useful added

In any case you will need a good file comparison program to do the job, thats the best way to go

The link ->SPPC

If your store is not modified it will be just a file replacing for the biggest part

Edited by multimixer

I have SPPC version of 20 7 2008 by Jan Zonjee installed and it is working just fine. I would instal this and then go through the other uploads to see if there is something useful added

In any case you will need a good file comparison program to do the job, thats the best way to go

The link ->SPPC

If your store is not modified it will be just a file replacing for the biggest part

Thanks for this. I have copied the files over, but I can't see how I am supposed to run the install file. What do I run it on as such?

Craig,

SPPC will require you to upload new files, edit existing files and alter the database tables. All of the steps are explained in the installation instructions. Read them carefully.

Chris

My problem with it is the instructions assume I know some things.

1. What files do I replace? It says some one place and some on another place.

2. Where do I run the file? In MySQL admin? Then do I have to save anything?

3. How do I know if it has worked? What is it supposed to look like? Screenshots would be handy with all these oscommerce contributions.

Please can somebody clear this up, because I have uninstalled and re-copied and started from scratch numerous times now without success.

Craig,

If you read the installation instructions:

Before beginning the manual install you need to:

Upload five included image files to your site. They are (and located in):

* catalog/admin/images/icon_down.gif

* catalog/admin/images/icon_up.gif

* catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_group_prices.gif

* catalog/admin/images/icons/tick_black.gif

* catalog/admin/images/icons/icon_tick.gif

The first two are used in admin/customers.php (you may already have those if you use for example Quick Price Updates) and the other three are used in admin/attributes.php and admin/attributes_groups.php.

Upload four new .php files:

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/customers_groups.php, catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/attributes_groups.php, catalog/admin/customers_groups.php, and catalog/admin/attributes_groups.php.

Run the spcc_v421_install.sql database installation file on your MySQL database.

Modify the catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php file to include the Site Administrator's email address. This email address is used for wholesale account notifications. You can find the appropriate section of that file by doing a search for the keyword root.

It tells you which files from the downloaded .zip that you need to upload to your server. Upload them using the exact same directory structure defined above.

Once that is done, use phpmyadmin to run the supplied SQL query into your database. This is done through your hosting account log in.

There are screen shots included in the /images folder located in the documentation folder of the .zip

As I stated before, this is an extensive installation and quite honestly if it is your first one, you will have a hard time with it. But, CREATE A BACK UP BEFORE YOU BEGIN and make the edits carefully and I am sure you will be fine.

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

Craig,

If you read the installation instructions:

Before beginning the manual install you need to:

Upload five included image files to your site. They are (and located in):

* catalog/admin/images/icon_down.gif

* catalog/admin/images/icon_up.gif

* catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_group_prices.gif

* catalog/admin/images/icons/tick_black.gif

* catalog/admin/images/icons/icon_tick.gif

The first two are used in admin/customers.php (you may already have those if you use for example Quick Price Updates) and the other three are used in admin/attributes.php and admin/attributes_groups.php.

Upload four new .php files:

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/customers_groups.php, catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/attributes_groups.php, catalog/admin/customers_groups.php, and catalog/admin/attributes_groups.php.

Run the spcc_v421_install.sql database installation file on your MySQL database.

Modify the catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php file to include the Site Administrator's email address. This email address is used for wholesale account notifications. You can find the appropriate section of that file by doing a search for the keyword root.

It tells you which files from the downloaded .zip that you need to upload to your server. Upload them using the exact same directory structure defined above.

Once that is done, use phpmyadmin to run the supplied SQL query into your database. This is done through your hosting account log in.

There are screen shots included in the /images folder located in the documentation folder of the .zip

As I stated before, this is an extensive installation and quite honestly if it is your first one, you will have a hard time with it. But, CREATE A BACK UP BEFORE YOU BEGIN and make the edits carefully and I am sure you will be fine.

Chris

Hi Chris,

So far this is helpful, now what about these?

If I follow all the steps you pasted in above, do I still need to alter these? Both seem to be labelled manual installation, but I don't know if these are relevant.

List of files that need to be changed:

catalog/admin/includes/boxes/customers.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/attributes_groups.php (upload)

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php (German and Spanish versions in their respective directories)

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/customers.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/customers_groups.php (upload, German and Spanish versions in their respective directories)

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/specials.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

catalog/admin/attributes_groups.php (upload)

catalog/admin/customers_groups.php (upload)

catalog/admin/categories.php

catalog/admin/customers.php

catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php (optional)

catalog/admin/orders.php (optional)

catalog/admin/product_attributes.php

catalog/admin/specials.php

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php

catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php

catalog/includes/classes/order.php

catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php

catalog/includes/classes/payment.php

catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php

catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

catalog/includes/functions/database.php

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php (for german.php and espanol.php see files)

catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

catalog/advanced_search_result.php

catalog/create_account.php

catalog/account_edit.php

catalog/checkout_process.php

catalog/index.php

catalog/login.php

catalog/logoff.php

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/product_reviews.php

catalog/product_reviews_info.php

catalog/product_reviews_write.php

catalog/products_new.php

catalog/specials.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/mail.php (optional)

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/newsletters.php (optional)

catalog/admin/mail.php (optional)

catalog/admin/newsletters.php (optional)

catalog/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter.php (optional)

catalog/admin/includes/modules/newsletters/product_notification.php (optional)

Also, I haven't been able to do this last step because I cannot find the root.

As far as any changes, I can't see any changes made on the backoffice admin pages at all as yet. Is this normal?

Appreciate the help

Craig,

The list of modified files are the files that you need to make code edits in to integrate SPPC. You won't see any real changes in admin until the installation is complete, including those edits.

Keep working at it.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I think I am starting to get it. You know its a lot of files to do if you aren't sure if you are doing the right thing or not...

Will let you know how I get on and thanks so far.

C

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I get a bunch of these messages on different pages and it still isn't working.

1. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW, expecting ')' in /homepages/40/d268476871/htdocs/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 58

2. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO in /homepages/40/d268476871/htdocs/oscommerce/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 753

3. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /homepages/40/d268476871/htdocs/oscommerce/catalog/admin/specials.php on line 376

I have no idea how to fix this and from what I do know, there is probably more to it... :(

Any help would be appreciated.

C

That are "syntax" errors.

That means that you made small mistakes when merging your files like a forgotten } or one too much, or a dot too much etc

You need to recheck the mentioned files and look if you did the changes correctly. The error is caused earlier than the line mentioned, can be much earlier or just the line above

Hey,

I have tested it in dreamweaver and the code seems to be fine. What else could it be?

Nothing else, thats the only explanation. You need to check again this files

/catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php

/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

/catalog/admin/specials.php

You can replace ie your /catalog/admin/specials.php with the one of the addon to see what happens. If your store is not modified in any other way you could leave it in place. Same for the other files

Other option is you take a file comparison program and compare your modified files with the addon files to find out

I have uploaded those files from the New installation section of the addon, but although it got rid of the syntax error, it seems to have made no difference to the whole program. None of the new features are in my back office.

I have uploaded those files from the New installation section of the addon, but although it got rid of the syntax error, it seems to have made no difference to the whole program. None of the new features are in my back office.

So we know now that the errors where caused by you.

Now, if you are sure hat you didn't made any changes to this 3 files before installing this addon (= they have their "original" "virgin" content) you can leave things as they are

If you are missing the features, then you missed some step(s) of the installation

Tip: There is a special support forum for SPPC, it's mentioned where you downloaded the addon, maybe it's better to read and post your questions to there