• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS Installation Problem

nerry

Dear Friends,

I just finish install STS contribution 4.6 into (fresh installation). I followed everything step of installation guide. After finish installation I tried to go to my site (www.nicheniaga.com) but it redirect to

http://nicheniaga.com/install/index.php and showing some modification needed to enable the installation (see below).

The webserver is not able to save the installation parameters to its configuration files.

The following files need to have their file permissions set to world-writeable (chmod 777):

/home/nichenia/public_html/includes/configure.php

/home/nichenia/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php

Can anyone help me to finish my installation. TQ

Nerry

STS is not doing anything to the configuration files, their permissions are indifferent for STS

You need to instal osCommerce itself correctly first, then do the "first steps" (like change permissions on configoure files, delete instal folder etc) and then watch your store

After you can see it online you start with STS

Going to your domain, I see that you didn't installed osCommerce

To change the permissions on the 2 mentioned files, you go to your host cpanel, navigate to the files, mark them, click change permissions, set to 777, then run the install. After you are done you need to set them back to 644 or 444

STS is not doing anything to the configuration files, their permissions are indifferent for STS

You need to instal osCommerce itself correctly first, then do the "first steps" (like change permissions on configoure files, delete instal folder etc) and then watch your store

To change the permissions on the 2 mentioned files, you go to your host cpanel, navigate to the files, mark them, click change permissions, set to 777, then run the install. After you are done you need to set them back to 644 or 444

Orite, thanks buddy. I'll try again

Nerry

Hello friend,

Actually i already done oscommerce installation before I update file sts and then I upload through FTP then the error of installation coming. But not I delete my database that I created before through Fantastica then I go back to my site and refresh, the site become like this

http://nicheniaga.com/install/install.php

Can you help me how to continue the installation.

TQ

Hello friend,

Actually i already done oscommerce installation before I update file sts and then I upload through FTP then the error of installation coming. But not I delete my database that I created before through Fantastica then I go back to my site and refresh, the site become like this

http://nicheniaga.com/install/install.php

Can you help me how to continue the installation.

TQ

I think you got confused with templates, free or not, fantastico, sts and I don't know what else.

Following steps

1) Forgett STS for now, first you need to install osCommerce

2) Delete all files related to osCommerce from your server

3) Delete all databases you did

Now start over

a) Download the package from the downloads page here

b ) Unzip the folder

c) Upload the files to your server (with or without catalog folder, as you like)

d) Create a blanc database

e) Set permission on 2 configure.php files to 777

f) Type into your browser www.mydomai.com/install

g) Go through the installation

f) Delete the install folder and set the file permissions back to 644

Post again if you did this all

I think you got confused with templates, free or not, fantastico, sts and I don't know what else.

Following steps

Now start over

b ) Unzip the folder

c) Upload the files to your server (with or without catalog folder, as you like)

Hello, I've finished installation. But,

first, I install by upload catalog file through FTP - The error again appear

The following files need to have their file permissions set to world-writeable (chmod 777):

/home/nichenia/public_html/includes/configure.php

/home/nichenia/public_html/admin/includes/configure.php

Then, I delete everything and install through cpanel - cannot

Then I install through Fantastico - Its done, now, my site is ready to change the template. http://nicheniaga.com/

Nerry

Following steps

Now start over

b ) Unzip the folder

Multimixer,

I've done exactly your instruction. TQ

Multimixer,

I've done exactly your instruction. TQ

Ok, I see that you did the osCommerce instalation.

Now, ofcourse, you want to change the design. Following options, if you don't want to hire a developer or cannot design the store yourself:

1) You buy a osCommerce template. In most of the cases this mean a new re-installation of osCommerce. Some, if not the most, of the so called "free" templates are based on old and outdated osCommerce versions and need extensive upgrades to get compatible with the recent version, in other words, more work than to design a new template your self. Some other templates change the core code in such a way, that it makes it very difficult to add addons or to ge help from the community. So, you need to be sure that the template provider offers support. In any case, if you have already such a templete, PM me the url of the provider

2) You go with STS (or alternativelly BTS, I have no opinion about, never tried). Here you need to install STS first. After this is done, you can use a) one of the templates included in the package, b ) buy one STS template c) do it your self, since it is like plain html for the biggest part

You have to decide, the one or the other, it makes no sence to instal STS and to take a non STS template, or oposite

What way you want to go?

Ok, I see that you did the osCommerce instalation.

Now, ofcourse, you want to change the design. Following options, if you don't want to hire a developer or cannot design the store yourself:

1) You buy a osCommerce template. In most of the cases this mean a new re-installation of osCommerce. Some, if not the most, of the so called "free" templates are based on old and outdated osCommerce versions and need extensive upgrades to get compatible with the recent version, in other words, more work than to design a new template your self. Some other templates change the core code in such a way, that it makes it very difficult to add addons or to ge help from the community. So, you need to be sure that the template provider offers support. In any case, if you have already such a templete, PM me the url of the provider

2) You go with STS (or alternativelly BTS, I have no opinion about, never tried). Here you need to install STS first. After this is done, you can use a) one of the templates included in the package, b ) buy one STS template c) do it your self, since it is like plain html for the biggest part

You have to decide, the one or the other, it makes no sence to instal STS and to take a non STS template, or oposite

What way you want to go?

Dear friends,

I got some problem here to fix. I've installed oscommerce rc21 version and success. Now, I am trying to install sts module. I already upload all the 5 files required into my store. Thats all i done. But, when i loggin to admin, the sts module still not coming.

Let me know if something is missing in my installation procedure. TQ

p/s: Do we need to change the 2 file permission (include & admin/include) for this purpose.?

Nerry-

The STS installation consist of more than just 5 files. If you uploaded just 5 files, no wonder that it don't work.

Read the installation manual again and follow all steps exactly. There are some new files to upload and some other to replace. It's all explained in detail and easy to do on a fresh installation

STS installation has nothing to do with the permissions of the 2 configure.php files in the /admin/ and /includes/ folders

Since you decided to go with STS, the best is that for specific STS related questions, like how to install it correctly, to go and read the STSv4 topic. There is no necessity to post your question right away, obviously you didn't do the installation correctly, so you need to try one more time being more attentive. There are also many post of people with same/similar issues that have been answered, if you search a bit in the sts topic you will find them

The STS installation consist of more than just 5 files. If you uploaded just 5 files, no wonder that it don't work.

Read the installation manual again and follow all steps exactly. There are some new files to upload and some other to replace. It's all explained in detail and easy to do on a fresh installation

STS installation has nothing to do with the permissions of the 2 configure.php files in the /admin/ and /includes/ folders

My friend,

Sorry about that, yes i missed a lot. Ok, I already made all the changes and transfered all required files. But some errors appears.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/nichenia/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/nichenia/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

Can you check for me. TQ

Nerry

Most possible is that you uploaded a file containing "code" into a language folder

Check all files that you have in your language folder to find the one (at least) that has not language definitions but code and then put it to the right place.

I'm soory, but this you need to check your self, I can not check it for you

In general you need to be much more attentive when uploading and changing files. Doublecheck every step you do and always take a backup

Most possible is that you uploaded a file containing "code" into a language folder

Check all files that you have in your language folder to find the one (at least) that has not language definitions but code and then put it to the right place.

I'm soory, but this you need to check your self, I can not check it for you

In general you need to be much more attentive when uploading and changing files. Doublecheck every step you do and always take a backup

I already check and upload again properly. But now this error coming.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/nichenia/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Again I cannot loggin into my administraion site.

Nerry-

I already check and upload again properly. But now this error coming.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/nichenia/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Again I cannot loggin into my administraion site.

Nerry-

I really don't know what you are doing. Your sts installation attempt should not be involved in this error. Did you do anything to the configure.php files? Are they still there? Did you maybe replaced a copmlete folder (includes) instead of uploading/replacing the files one by one?

Go back step by step, undoing all steps you did starting from the last one and replacing the files with your backup files/original files till this error dissappear. Then redo the steps you did more carefully.

I really don't know what you are doing. Your sts installation attempt should not be involved in this error. Did you do anything to the configure.php files? Are they still there? Did you maybe replaced a copmlete folder (includes) instead of uploading/replacing the files one by one?

Go back step by step, undoing all steps you did starting from the last one and replacing the files with your backup files/original files till this error dissappear. Then redo the steps you did more carefully.

My friends,

I've start again from beginning and properly follow the instruction to install oscommerce and install sts module. Now everything is working fine. My next job now is to change the sts template.

Nerry-

Hello friends,

I've done installation of sts module. Now, I m trying to install new template. This file I got from here http://freeoscommerce.com/free-templates/view-template/?template=009 I've upload those file inside 'upload' folder into my web server, (includes/sts_templates). Then my setting on sts module, is

Default template (v2.1.2)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/freeoscommerce_009

Template folder

boxes

Default template file

freeoscommerce_009.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

But, when I reload my website, the template still not change plus the error saying that, Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/freeoscommerce_009boxes/freeoscommerce_009.html]

please refer my website at http://www.nicheniaga.com/index.php

Please give an advice. TQ

Best advice is you bookmark this topic for all STS related questions --> The STSv4 forum

My friend, I've fixed my problem. It is because I putting wrong while setting the default module. Instead of putting the folder name in the template folder colume, I put the 'boxes'. After change to the correct one, everything is working now. Tq.

Nerry-

Archived