• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra Menu Options/Functions

Hi guys,

I recently installed a new template and added my database etc.

This seems to have reverted the admin section to a much simpler setup.

I previously could add information pages such as about us, payment terms, delivery terms etc. There was also menu tabs config section and a load of other things to aid configuring the site how I want it.

Did I have a different version, or were these addons?

I would like to get it back how it was if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Andy,

The 'missing' functionality was from add ons on the previous site. Chances are that if you imported your old database into the new store, then the database requirements are still there but the file edits are not.

You will have to make the file edits again to regain that functionality.

Chris

Andy,

The 'missing' functionality was from add ons on the previous site. Chances are that if you imported your old database into the new store, then the database requirements are still there but the file edits are not.

You will have to make the file edits again to regain that functionality.

Chris

Thanks for your reply.

Is this something fairly easy to do or not?

How would I go about doing this?

Thank you

Andy,

It would be much simpler to just re-install the add ons you would like to use. Trying to match the exact add on version with the current database tables might be more trouble than it's worth. Besides, using the latest version of the add on is a better way to go.

Chris

Andy,

It would be much simpler to just re-install the add ons you would like to use. Trying to match the exact add on version with the current database tables might be more trouble than it's worth. Besides, using the latest version of the add on is a better way to go.

Chris

Thank You

Archived