• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

File Upload Limit

roofyroo

Does anyone know if there is limit on the file size or type you can upload in the admin area?

I am uploading files which will be digital downloads - so I'm uploading them into the 'download' folder under Tools-File Manager.

Can't seem to be able to upload a file which is approx 4.5MB.

Is there a file where I can change this limit?

Thanks

How do I change the PHP maximum upload file size?

In an .htaccess file in the same directory as the upload script, include this line:

php_value upload_max_filesize ?M

I'm looking for the upload script in OSC?

I am uploading files which will be digital downloads - so I'm uploading them into the 'download' folder under Tools-File Manager.

If you are using the file manager in asc's admin, stop. That file should be deleted. See the security link below.

Use your ftp program to upload the file you need.

Think I finally answered this.

The .htaccess file is the one in the root of the admin file. Also don't try to edit it in the CP, use an eternal editor, works better.

Thought I'd post as this might be useful to others.

A servers upload limit is generally set to 2 MB. You can override that, sometimes, by changing the entry for it in the php.ini file of your root (you may need to add one). A host will usually make that change for you if you ask though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived