• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

jQuery Banner Rotator

kymation

There is no banner rotator showing on that page. Did you insert the code in catalog/index.php in a section where it will be shown? Do you have at least two banners assigned to the group that you told the banner rotator to use? Are those banners assigned in your site's language?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

There is no banner rotator showing on that page. Did you insert the code in catalog/index.php in a section where it will be shown? Do you have at least two banners assigned to the group that you told the banner rotator to use? Are those banners assigned in your site's language?

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim!

Thank you for quick answer. It is in the index file there are some design problems as you mentioned. The code was there but on the wrong place, now I will try to see where to place it to be correct. ThanXX!!

Regards

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I really like this mod. I have a heavily modified site so it took me a while to get it to work. Not your fault.

I just have one issue that I am trying to resolve. The righthand edges of my banners are cut off. I spec'ed the sizes in stylesheet but for some reason they are cut off. If I change the overflow from hidden to shown it shows the whole image but creates two banners for a split second when they rotate.

Can you tell me where the code is to move the banner box? or am I doing something wrong?

The site is http://www.lyonsperformance.com

Thanks,

Matt

Try setting the size in the stylesheet to slightly larger than your banners. You could also set a width on the containing element that is slightly wider than your banners.

Regards

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed this addon however I don't know how I can position this banner on my cart. I am using a customized template and want to place the banner just next to my logo. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bharti

Normally the code would go in your catalog/includes/header.php, just after the logo. With a template all bets are off. I have no idea how your template affects the stock code. You would have to ask the person who wrote the template.

Regards

Jim

That code will get you a standard banner, not the rotator. For the banner rotator you need to use

include( DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_BANNER_ROTATOR );

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I can get the standard banner displayed but the not the rotator. what is could be the reason?

Regards

Bharti

That code will get you a standard banner, not the rotator. For the banner rotator you need to use

include( DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_BANNER_ROTATOR );

Regards

Jim

There are many possible reasons. You could be missing one of the files from the distribution. If yo have everything in place, then click on View Source in your browser and search for the string <!-- banner_rotator -->. If that's not showing, you have the code I pasted above in the wrong place or you have no banners selected to display.

Regards

Jim

I have checked the files few time and everything seems to be there. I cant see the string <!-- banner_rotator --> in view source and I believe the code is pasted at correct location but may be no banner is selected for display - may be very stupid question but I how do I check this?

Thanks

Bharti

There are many possible reasons. You could be missing one of the files from the distribution. If yo have everything in place, then click on View Source in your browser and search for the string <!-- banner_rotator -->. If that's not showing, you have the code I pasted above in the wrong place or you have no banners selected to display.

Regards

Jim

Go to the Banner Manager in your Admin (under Tools) and look at the banners. If you have never done this, you have no banners assigned.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I can only see the control but no banner. there are 2 banner manager - on default oscommerce and i added additional one but this is not showing up?

Regards

Bharti

Go to the Banner Manager in your Admin (under Tools) and look at the banners. If you have never done this, you have no banners assigned.

Regards

Jim

You have two Banner Managers in your Admin, and you added a third? How can that possibly work? I don't understand what you are trying to do with that.

Regards

Jim

Sorry I meant banners not banner manager

You have two Banner Managers in your Admin, and you added a third? How can that possibly work? I don't understand what you are trying to do with that.

Regards

Jim

Edited by bharti

I seen this mod in action and love it, however when i tried to install this it never worked :blush: :'(

I have looked through my installation of this mod a few times and i have done the correct installation, In admin>config>banner rotator is there.

I tried addin banner to rotate in tools>banner manager

I feel as if I may be missing something :s :blush:

New Files:

catalog/images/icons/dotLight.png

catalog/images/icons/dotDark.png

catalog/images/icons/play.png

catalog/images/icons/pause.png

catalog/images/icons/transBlack75.png

catalog/includes/functions/bannerRotator.js

catalog/includes/functions/jquery-1.4.2.min.js

catalog/includes/modules/banner_rotator.php

Modified Files:

catalog/admin/banner_manager.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/banner_manager.php

catalog/index.php

catalog/stylesheet.css

catalog/includes/filenames.php

catalog/includes/functions/banner.php

I can't help if all you say is "it didn't work." Either give a description of the problem or a link to your site. Preferably both.

Regards

Jim

I see a couple of problems there:

1. You have only one banner assigned to the rotator. It requires two or more to operate.

2. The code in the head section of your page is messed up:

<meta name="webdesign" content=" />
 <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/bannerRotator.js"></script>

That first tag is not closed. It's missing the final double quote. That can make the browser ignore the following tags.

Regards

Jim

I see a couple of problems there:

1. You have only one banner assigned to the rotator. It requires two or more to operate.

2. The code in the head section of your page is messed up:

<meta name="webdesign" content=" />
 <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/bannerRotator.js"></script>

That first tag is not closed. It's missing the final double quote. That can make the browser ignore the following tags.

Regards

Jim

Thx for quick reply jim :thumbsup:

How would i rectify the problem? :blush: