jQuery Banner Rotator

kymation

Hi,

I have a strange problem wit this.

I have the contribution up and running great on one site

On my other site I get errors relating to line 50 of modules/banner_rotator.php

tep_update_banner_display_count( $banner['banners_id'] );

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_update_

The banner displays and changes over on the home page, but the remainder of the home page fails to load.

if I comment out the line of code the page loads ok, but then I get errors relating to page re-directs when I click the banner.

Also for some reason I have to comment out line 422 of my application top

$navigation->add_current_page();

after installing the contribution, or nothing loads.

any Ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

What are the differences between the two sites? Is the one giving you trouble running an older version of osC?

The $navigation problem could be this session bug. It wouldn't hurt to fix that anyway, if you haven't already.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

First of all I wanne say its an awsome script!! :D

Allthough I've got some little problems I cannot solve :(

I'm using the banner rotator on several sites and always see a difference in the banner control button (Firefox/IE) In Firefox the edges of the control button box are round shapped while in IE it's a box.

Thats not a very big issue though but well. The second thing is on one of our sites the banner isnt rotating :S

In Firefox it rotates from banner1 to banner2 and then it stops I allso cant control the banner with the little buttons.

In IE nothing happens at all!

I have installed/configured all the files the right way I'm 100% sure of that. Cause well it is working on other sites.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tnx

Edited by Darkayer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, the forum decided to stop notifying me of updates th this thread. Again.

Zutphen: It's probably another Javascript interfering with the jquery script. Try disabling other scripts on the page to check this.

David: Did you mean two rotators on one page? That should work. What happens when you try this?

florian: I can't tell without more information. Can you give me a link to the page?

Regards

Jim

That page is a mess. You are missing both the stylesheet and the Javascript links for the banner rotator. In addition, you have duplicate Javascript functions and Javascript in the body that should be in the head. You need to clean that up if you expect it to work.

Regards

Jim

There is no banner rotator anywhere on that page. You need to include the catalog/includes/modules/banner_rotator.php where you want it to appear on the page. See lines 308-312 of the catalog/index.php in the distribution for an example of how to do this.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

i installed all the file.

I installed it in my index.php:

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

<td valign="top" height="100%"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<!-- <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>-->

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

[b]<?php // Start Banner Rotator; ?>

<tr>

<td><?php include( DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_BANNER_ROTATOR ); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php // End Banner Rotator; ?>[/[/b]code]

catalog/includes/modules/banner_rotator.php is installed to.

I don't understand but when i edit codesource of my index.php my banner not appears.

regards

florian

Then there's something interfering with the install. Do you have a template installed? If not, is there some other Addon that bypasses the normal front page?

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

None of those should interfere with the normal front page. I see no reason why this should not work.

Regards

Jim

Dear JIM!

Nice contrib! Good work... but...

PLEASE! help me! I thing i'll go crazy...

The banners working good, however it always showing up at wrong place... You can check this out: http://www.topnaramky.sk/catalog

I think I must put this code at the right place in index.php, and actually I am trying to find out where it could be, but it doesn't work... I am going insane...

Here is the code what I'm talking about...

<?php // Start Banner Rotator; ?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php // End Banner Rotator; ?>

So if I want to put the banners somewhere at the top of my page, where and which file I have to modify? (sts_template.html? header.php? index.php?) I've tried everything to find out why no showing up elsewhere...

Thanks for your support!

Dear JIM!

Nice contrib! Good work... but...

PLEASE! help me! I thing i'll go crazy...

The banners working good, however it always showing up at wrong place... You can check this out: http://www.topnaramky.sk/catalog

I think I must put this code at the right place in index.php, and actually I am trying to find out where it could be, but it doesn't work... I am going insane...

Here is the code what I'm talking about...

<?php // Start Banner Rotator; ?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php // End Banner Rotator; ?>

So if I want to put the banners somewhere at the top of my page, where and which file I have to modify? (sts_template.html? header.php? index.php?) I've tried everything to find out why no showing up elsewhere...

Thanks for your support!

After days searching the solutions i've managed showing up the banners where I want. The first thing that it is no idea changing the banner group names... Everything is configured to 468x50 as default, so you had better not to change it. It is important to know that the default template in STS (for ex. STS_default.html) doesn't executing php...

When i changed the banner group name the default banner showed up, but not the rotaoring... (with $banner_only)

Reading the whole STS doc for three times, i've reailized that the $banner function is set up in the sts_user_code.php... So i've changed this:

$sts->start_capture();

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<br>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo $sts->template['banner_only']; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

$sts->stop_capture('banner');

to this:

$sts->start_capture();

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<br>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php include( DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_BANNER_ROTATOR ); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

$sts->stop_capture('banner');

And Voilá, the banner-rotator is working perfect also with STS!!! Follow the steps in the readme, but you have to put the <?php include( DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_BANNER_ROTATOR ); ?> thing to the sts_user_code.php!

P.S.: after searching over the internet i can't beileve that only I had this problem! But the best thing, that I find the solution. This contrib is also working perfect with STS!

Sorry, the forum stopped notifying me of updates to this topic yet again! That's really annoying.

I would not have been of any help with the STS issues anyway since I've never tried to install this in STS. Glad you figured it out.

The manual does talk about setting up a new banner group. Changing the existing group will mess up other banners. Maybe I should word that a bit more strongly.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, the forum stopped notifying me of updates to this topic yet again! That's really annoying.

I would not have been of any help with the STS issues anyway since I've never tried to install this in STS. Glad you figured it out.

The manual does talk about setting up a new banner group. Changing the existing group will mess up other banners. Maybe I should word that a bit more strongly.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Nice work anyway. I have other problem... I really don't know why, but on product pages the banner isn't showing up... I don't know why... I am trying to solve this problem, but if you would have any idea about it would perfect. Yeah I am using STS 4.6.1...

You can check out what I'am talking about:

http://www.topnaramky.sk/catalog/

And the best is that if you click only to categories it is woking good. But if you check the product details it shows only a dot... :(

Hi Jim,

Nice work anyway. I have other problem... I really don't know why, but on product pages the banner isn't showing up... I don't know why... I am trying to solve this problem, but if you would have any idea about it would perfect. Yeah I am using STS 4.6.1...

You can check out what I'am talking about:

http://www.topnaramky.sk/catalog/

And the best is that if you click only to categories it is woking good. But if you check the product details it shows only a dot... :(

You could update the contrib details to show up that this banner contrib is STS compatible... (and also the readme) I think it would be nice for thousand of peaople...

Of course after finding out the solution to my problem :)))

The banner rotator is intended to work on the front page, but it should work on other pages as well. The first thing that I would do is edit catalog/includes/modules/banner_rotator.php on Line 30:

// print $banner_query_raw; exit();

and uncomment that line. That will print the SQL on the page. Look at that and see if something is missing, like the Language ID.

I don't use STS so I can't help with that. It will need someone familiar with STS to write up a compatibility manual.

Regards

Jim

Hi, This is reqly very nice contribution...

My congratulation for idea and thanks for sharing...

But I have question.

I have 5 baners groups display just below header and I would like to rotate baners independly in every groupe.

Is it possible zith this contribution? I saw only in configuration that it can rotate only one groupe.

Maybe you know similar contrubution zhich solve my requirements...

thanks and regards

K.

Edited by witer

This Addon only rotates the banners in one group. I don't understand why you have multiple banner groups that you want to rotate. In any case, no, that can't be done with this code.

Regards

Jim

Thanx for a great addon!!

Hi!

I thought I got this to work, but unfortunately I don't. The rotation is not happening at all, now I created two images in the pointed group. The images is only switching as normal..when I update the page.

I also changed the Banner rotator group to the excisting one, because when I created a new group with the "rotator" name, no banner appears on the site.

You see my site here www.StylingAgenten.se

Please help me with this awsome addon :)

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Andreas