• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

hi michael,

yes, am working on getting multilanguage support in place.

regards

cord

Hi Cord,

How is it going with the multilanguage support? Any success?

When could we expect to have it?

Best regards.

Hi Cord,

How is it going with the multilanguage support? Any success?

When could we expect to have it?

Best regards.

hi michael,

multilanguage support is almost there, will be a comfortable premium "drop-in" module:

• automatic import of the filebased templates
  • automatic fallback to file-template if no languages are configured
  • tabbed editor for editing templates
  • configuration of languages by 1.) order status strings 2.) country code

It will require MailBeez V2.0 which is hopefully ready soon, some news in V2.0 are:

• Smarty Template engine with compatibility mode for support of the current templates
  • prepared for Multilanguage support
  • split up of configurations for better overview

regards

cord

hi michael,

multilanguage support is almost there, will be a comfortable premium "drop-in" module:

• automatic import of the filebased templates
  • automatic fallback to file-template if no languages are configured
  • tabbed editor for editing templates
  • configuration of languages by 1.) order status strings 2.) country code

It will require MailBeez V2.0 which is hopefully ready soon, some news in V2.0 are:

• Smarty Template engine with compatibility mode for support of the current templates
  • prepared for Multilanguage support
  • split up of configurations for better overview

regards

cord

Hi Cord,

Sounds great! So, When do you plan to release the V2.0 officially?

Regards,

Michael

Hi Cord,

Sounds great! So, When do you plan to release the V2.0 officially?

Regards,

Michael

As soon as possible, but realisticly it might take a couple of weeks.

My wife & me are expecting our 2nd child within the next days so I will have fun with changing diapers instead of having fun with developing MailBeez :blush:

regards

cord

As soon as possible, but realisticly it might take a couple of weeks.

My wife & me are expecting our 2nd child within the next days so I will have fun with changing diapers instead of having fun with developing MailBeez :blush:

regards

cord

Anyway, all the best & congratulations!

Best regards,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I have a future module request to do the following, it can be all in one module or separate, prefer separate modules or option to include one or more of these options.

1. User select products from the current specials (specials are set within admin using stock feature), with search box to easily find the product.

2. User select newly added products, with search box to easily find the product.

3. Option to display the cross-selling product if the selected product is related (already set in cross-selling)

4. User select any products to the emails, with search box to easily find the product. It is similar to this module which im using: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3398 but this one is very hard to select a product because of the very long list.

Keep up the good work and congrat on your new born!

Edited by ptt81

hey thats a pretty good idea

ability to add then change the prodocts that are included in the auto emails template

so you can send a "havent seen you in a while" cupon email or the "howd we do please review" email and it will automatically include some product thumbs to pique the recipients interest...

what do you think cord?

hi ptt & kym,

some good ideas there! that is absolutely possible to implement and MailBeez Version 2.0 will come with some internal features to allow building all those ideas on top of. Am also sure that they will lead to more revenue for probably every shop.

What is missing to make things happen is just time & money, whereas time comes with money... so far the development of MailBeez has been a lot of fun for me, but donations, premium downloads, and custom module dev has been very limited and are not justifying my efforts :'(

Wonder if you or someone else have any ideas how I could get financed all the features people are requesting but so far not willing to pay for? The "opensource is financed by consulting services" seems not to be true for MailBeez...

PS: the small one is doing good, but taking a lot of time ;-)

Wonder if you or someone else have any ideas how I could get financed all the features people are requesting but so far not willing to pay for? The "opensource is financed by consulting services" seems not to be true for MailBeez...

PS: the small one is doing good, but taking a lot of time ;-)

Cord..congratulations on the small one. A handful I'm sure. ;)

Regarding Mailbeez...hopefully the module you're working on will give things a much needed boost....I'd hate to see the development of such a worth while program waver because of a lack of support on the funding side of things. I hope that everyone who is using Mailbeez is at least making a PayPal contribution go keep the project going and show their support.

Dan

hi dan & all,

Dan: the requirements of the MailBeez module I develop for you is a major driver for MailBeez Version 2.0 - and your serious (!) funding a great motivation as well!

But unfortunately this is still a major exception even while having people reporting about their growth in revenue through using the free MailBeez Modules.

My current strategy is to keep the MailBeez Framework with basic modules for free and offer all more advanced features and modules as premium downloads (OpenSource) with price-tags below 100USD (so cheaper than hiring someone to develop the same functionality). That allows everyone to use MailBeez for free and decide when & where to invest into getting more revenue.

The very advanced ones (like Dan's) with major development efforts will probably be ion-cubed (closed source) with a license model based on e.g. number of customers. This would allow startups to have cheap entry price-tag using these growth enabler.

The estabilished shops would than need to pay an appropriate license price, but will probably have a very high return of investment and payback time (just assuming a small percentage more revenue from using the Module). The OpenSource Code would be available on special agreements.

I know Ioncube is not everyone's favorite thing but I can't see any other option to get a fair payment for my work.

Any ideas on this?

regards

cord

PS: the small one is really a hand full, but helps to have the experience from my first child ;-)

Edited by MailBeez

• 1 month later...

I've spent the day working with this add on.. and so far have to say GREAT JOB - Hats off!

Just one snag I've found thus far.

I set up the cron job and this is what is coming back via email when the cron job is ran...

Location: http://[mywebsitesaddress.com]/myblockedipaddresses.php

Content-type: text/html

For security purposes, when I first set up the store I changed the path to my admin folder. Seems that could cause a problem possibly?

I am also using the IP Trap add on which traps ip addresses that try and access my admin folder. Again, which is not really the admin folder.

Any ideas.. suggestions? Thanks alot!

That "Can" you're about to open... has worms!

Don't say I didn't worn ya.

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

Hello Everyone,

This is a great module set. I have the birthday module working.

I hope someone can give me some help on a new module I am writing.

I have created another query in the new module

$query_message_raw = "select m.id, m.date_created, md.message_id, md.message_name

from " . TABLE_MESSAGES . " m, " . TABLE_MESSAGES_DESCRIPTION . " md

where m.id = md.message_id and date(m.date_created)=date(now()) ORDER BY date(m.date_created) ASC";

$query_message = mh_db_query($query_message_raw);

this query gets the quote for the day to email to anyone who signs up for it.

I can't get the message_name (which is the quote for the day) to appear in the body of the email. Everything else works.

Any help at all would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance - Skylark

I've spent the day working with this add on.. and so far have to say GREAT JOB - Hats off!

Just one snag I've found thus far.

I set up the cron job and this is what is coming back via email when the cron job is ran...

For security purposes, when I first set up the store I changed the path to my admin folder. Seems that could cause a problem possibly?

I am also using the IP Trap add on which traps ip addresses that try and access my admin folder. Again, which is not really the admin folder.

Any ideas.. suggestions? Thanks alot!

2 full days working with setting up Cron Job... still not working.

I'm using godaddy... and tried everything as recommended.

I have been configuring this in so many ways... to many to list.

I currently have other cron jobs running for other applications with no problem... this is one of the scripts that is currently working.

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/folder/index.php"

But when I try..

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/mailhive.php?MYNUMBERS=run"

or

/web/cgi-bin/php5 $HOME/html/mailhive.php MYNUMBERS=run

or

/web/cgi-bin/php5 $HOME/html/mailhive.php?MYNUMBERS=run

I have even added: &module=review... To all of the above.

I continue to get either of these errors:

and

No input file specified.

Thanks for any help with this.

...brain is numb...

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

Hello Everyone,

This is a great module set. I have the birthday module working.

I hope someone can give me some help on a new module I am writing.

I have created another query in the new module

$query_message_raw = "select m.id, m.date_created, md.message_id, md.message_name

from " . TABLE_MESSAGES . " m, " . TABLE_MESSAGES_DESCRIPTION . " md

where m.id = md.message_id and date(m.date_created)=date(now()) ORDER BY date(m.date_created) ASC";

$query_message = mh_db_query($query_message_raw);

this query gets the quote for the day to email to anyone who signs up for it.

I can't get the message_name (which is the quote for the day) to appear in the body of the email. Everything else works.

Any help at all would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance - Skylark

hi skylark,

try this:

$this->additionalFields = array('customers_id' => '007','date_of_birth' => '31.01.', 'message_name' => 'my Test Message');

and this:

$this->audience[$item['customers_id']] = array('firstname' => $item['customers_firstname'],
'lastname' => $item['customers_lastname'],
'email_address' => $item['customers_email_address'],
'customers_id' => $item['customers_id'],
'message_name' => $item['message_name']);

than you should be able to use $message_name in the email template

enjoy mailbeez

cord

2 full days working with setting up Cron Job... still not working.

I'm using godaddy... and tried everything as recommended.

I have been configuring this in so many ways... to many to list.

I currently have other cron jobs running for other applications with no problem... this is one of the scripts that is currently working.

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/folder/index.php"

But when I try..

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "$HOME/html/mailhive.php?MYNUMBERS=run"

or

/web/cgi-bin/php5 $HOME/html/mailhive.php MYNUMBERS=run

or

/web/cgi-bin/php5 $HOME/html/mailhive.php?MYNUMBERS=run

I have even added: &module=review... To all of the above.

I continue to get either of these errors:

and

Thanks for any help with this.

...brain is numb...

try cronless.com (free) and it will work within minutes ;-)

(am not a friend of cronjobs either...)

cord

try cronless.com (free) and it will work within minutes ;-)

(am not a friend of cronjobs either...)

cord

Thanks cord.

Unfortunately, even when using cronless, it does not work.

Cronless is very easy to set up.. so I know I'm not missing anything there.

Here's what I have in the nopurchase module.

Mailhive is set to - production

Send nopurchase email

True

Set days passed after account created

Set days to skip after

sender email

[mysetemailaddress]

check for empty customer basket

False

sender name

[mysendername]

I have this in the cronless url:

http://[MYSITE] .com/mailhive.php?[MYID]=run&module=nopurchase

I've also tried this:

http://[MYSITE] .com/mailhive.php?[MYID]=run

Cronless sends me a confirmation email indicating the cron was ran with no errors.

But, I do not receive a copy from mailhive confirming email was sent.

Also, after cronless runs the cron.... mailhive still shows that recipients will receive an email.

When I manually visit the url the mailbeez runs all active modules with no problems.

Hope that's not too confusing...

Thanks for the help cord.

hi skylark,

try this:

$this->additionalFields = array('customers_id' => '007','date_of_birth' => '31.01.', 'message_name' => 'my Test Message');

and this:

$this->audience[$item['customers_id']] = array('firstname' => $item['customers_firstname'],
'lastname' => $item['customers_lastname'],
'email_address' => $item['customers_email_address'],
'customers_id' => $item['customers_id'],
'message_name' => $item['message_name']);

than you should be able to use $message_name in the email template

enjoy mailbeez

cord

You are spot on Cord! Now I have another challenge with this same module. I have made the

Set days passed to 0 and the Set days to skip after 0. What do I need to do or change so that I can send it out every day? I seems that once I run it and the mailbeez tracking table is populated with one iteration, it won't run again the next day. Unless I remove the previous days tracking information for this module.

Any sugguestion or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Skylark

You are spot on Cord! Now I have another challenge with this same module. I have made the

Set days passed to 0 and the Set days to skip after 0. What do I need to do or change so that I can send it out every day? I seems that once I run it and the mailbeez tracking table is populated with one iteration, it won't run again the next day. Unless I remove the previous days tracking information for this module.

Skylark

This may help...

Although I am using a different module - Contact Customers without Purchase -... this may be the same settings.

I also run this everyday and have found this to work.

- Set Days Passed to 0

- Set Days to Skip after 1

Good Luck.

Hello Cord,

I have an issue with trustpilot module.

When I select at the admin Default Customer Language es-ES, if I send a test email it shows

email: [email protected]

order_id: 123456

order_date: 12.12.2000

status_date: 31.12.2000

TP_LANG: en-GB

TP_DELAY: 0

(en-GB as languaje).

It makes that Trustpilot invitation email is in English, and the link for customers to put their review is pointing to uk trustpilot site, in English.

I asked Trustpilot to correct that, and they told me to ask you.

I tried to change the html of the template, without success, but I prefer to have a well made solution.

Thank you very much

Hello Cord,

I have an issue with trustpilot module.

When I select at the admin Default Customer Language es-ES, if I send a test email it shows

email: [email protected]

order_id: 123456

order_date: 12.12.2000

status_date: 31.12.2000

TP_LANG: en-GB

TP_DELAY: 0

(en-GB as languaje).

It makes that Trustpilot invitation email is in English, and the link for customers to put their review is pointing to uk trustpilot site, in English.

I asked Trustpilot to correct that, and they told me to ask you.

I tried to change the html of the template, without success, but I prefer to have a well made solution.

Thank you very much

hi henry,

the TP-LANG value is taken dynamically from your configuration - do you have any configuration cache in your system? you can send me your admin/modules.php and I can check.

there is no need to change the template of the trustpilot module, since only a trigger is send to trustpilot.

cheers

cord

PS: am finalizing MailBeez 2.0 - would you be interested in translating the admin into spanish?

Thanks cord.

Unfortunately, even when using cronless, it does not work.

Cronless is very easy to set up.. so I know I'm not missing anything there.

Here's what I have in the nopurchase module.

Mailhive is set to - production

I have this in the cronless url:

http://[MYSITE] .com/mailhive.php?[MYID]=run&module=nopurchase

I've also tried this:

http://[MYSITE] .com/mailhive.php?[MYID]=run

Cronless sends me a confirmation email indicating the cron was ran with no errors.

But, I do not receive a copy from mailhive confirming email was sent.

Also, after cronless runs the cron.... mailhive still shows that recipients will receive an email.

When I manually visit the url the mailbeez runs all active modules with no problems.

Hope that's not too confusing...

Thanks for the help cord.

that is strange since there should be no difference in calling the URL manually or by a cronjob.

MailBeez 2.0 will come with an eventlog which helps to see, if mailhive.php was called

maybe this will help to find a solution?

cord

Skylark

have a look at e.g. the service_db, mailbeez_feedback or mailbeez_check module how to set a daily iteration

cord

MailBeez 2.0 Beta Tester wanted

hi all,

am making good progress with MailBeez 2.0.

Am looking for Beta tester for:

Upgrade MailBeez 1.x auf 2.0

Clean Install of MailBeez 2.0

Test of modules

Usability of the new admin frontend

if possible: translation of the admin frontend (EN, DE, NL is in place, FR in work) into other languages.

interested?

please send me a personal message

enjoy mailbeez

cord

Integration with osCommerce 2.3.1 is availabe with MailBeez 2.0

osc231_dashboard.png

Installation:

Step 1 – copy new files

copy following file to your admin-directory

mailbeez.php

copy following file and folder to your catalog-directory (where your index.php is located)

mailhive (folder)

mailhive.php

Step 2 – modify existing files

Add a menu entry

located and open the file

admin/includes/boxes/tools.php

find

array(
       'code' => FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE,
       'title' => BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE)
   )

add

// mailbeez
   array(
       'code' => 'mailbeez.php',
       'title' => 'MailBeez',
       'link' => tep_href_link('mailbeez.php')
   )
   // - mailbeez

this will add the menu-entry “MailBeez” to your Tools-Box.

done!

The first time you click on the MailBeez menu entry you will see a nice "Install" Button, which will do the work for you.

MailBeez is maintaining its own table - no existing osCommerce tables are modified!

enjoy

cord