• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

hi dan,

will be off next week, but back end of january. I think I will make this adoption of CCGV as part of the ReferralHoney Package - should be only one line of code to add (in general I try to avoid as much as possible to modify the existing store-files)

cord

Awesome....I guess that gives me a week to get the CCGV module up and running.... (w00t)

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Please, no laughing....

I have installed MailBeez, done the basic configuration but for the love of Mike, cannot find out how to start creating an email!

Yes I did read "Getting Started" but cannot find any link or button within MailBeez dashboard to get going.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thx

I have installed MailBeez, done the basic configuration but for the love of Mike, cannot find out how to start creating an email!

Please point me in the right direction.

George....I'm guessing you didn't see these directions...

Step 4: Customize your Emails

Each MailBeez module comes with a set of template files which are used to generate the email in both HTML and TXT formats.

You can customize these template to your needs by modifying these files:

(shop-root)/mailhive/(module)/email/subject.tpl

(shop-root)/mailhive/(module)/email/body_html.tpl (html version)

(shop-root)/mailhive/(module)/email/body_txt.tpl (txt version)

It should be self explanatory, since it is simple editing of html code.

Remember that the content of these template files are merged into the Mail Template file which is common for all modules (if not configured differently) :

(shop-root)/mailhive/common/templates/email_html.tpl (html version)

(shop-root)/mailhive/common/templates/email_txt.tpl (txt version)

You can check your changes by using the “View Mail” and “Send Test Email” functionality as described in Step 2.

Hope that helps but if not just post back and I see if I can help out.

I love Mailbeez....

Dan

Hi Dan and sorry for the delayed response.

Great, I understand then how to customize an email and view it, but I still don't know how to "open"/create a new email to get started.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do George....Mailbeez sends out emails using modules that query your database, selecting records that meet the criteria specified by the module and generates the emails based on the templates that you can edit as noted above. Are you looking to have a new module defined or do you simply want to change one of the emails that is generated by an existing module? Cord has developed several modules that you can use and you'll find a list of what is available on his website. If you're looking for something beyond those modules you'll need to request a quote from Cord or see if its on his roadmap. Developing a new module is not a simple task.

What exactly did you have in mind?

Dan

Thanks Dan. I want to open a template to edit/customize the text and then email it to my customers. I thought that within Mailbeez "dashboard" there will be a shortcut/link to open a template, edit it and then send it but is seems as if I am wrong.

What I sort of understand what you said above is that I have to open (don't know how within Mailbeez) this path (shop-root)/mailhive/(module)/email/body_html.tpl (html version), then edit and then email.

So my question is, how do I open the html template(s) within Mailbeez.

Thanks Dan. I want to open a template to edit/customize the text and then email it to my customers. I thought that within Mailbeez "dashboard" there will be a shortcut/link to open a template, edit it and then send it but is seems as if I am wrong.

What I sort of understand what you said above is that I have to open (don't know how within Mailbeez) this path (shop-root)/mailhive/(module)/email/body_html.tpl (html version), then edit and then email.

So my question is, how do I open the html template(s) within Mailbeez.

You don't need to do it within Mailbeez. You can just edit it using your FTP program in the same way as you would edit any file on the server....or you could download it....edit it on your desktop using notepad or something of that nature and then upload it when you're done.

On the otherhand I think Cord has a template module for editing the emails online but it might be a bit of an overkill for what you're doing but it's an option as well.

Dan

Hey Everyone, this looks like a pretty cool contribution, if only I can get it to work. I uploaded the files/folders and changed the admin/includes/boxes/tools.php file. However, when I click on the admin/tools/mailbeez link, I just get a white, blank page. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much! I can't wait to start using this!

Jason

Thanks for responding so quickly. In my php log I get this:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mh_price() (previously declared in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/price.php:26) in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/function_plugins/price.php on line 35

Can this be the problem?

Jason

Thanks for responding so quickly. In my php log I get this:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mh_price() (previously declared in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/price.php:26) in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/function_plugins/price.php on line 35

Can this be the problem?

Jason

@@Trentide

Seems like it could be Jason....I don't have a price.php file in the function_plugins directory....could you have copied price.php to that directory by mistake?

Dan

Edited by Dan Cole

hi jason,

please delete the file price.php from function_plugins

when you upgraded mailbeez that file was left there

cord

Thanks for the response Cord. I didn't actually upgrade. I was installing it for the first time. But, I was reading more. I also have Security Pro 2.0 installed. Could this be the problem? Will it continue to be a problem if I also want to buy one of the add-ons like the email throttle application?

well the file mailhive/common/functions/function_plugins/price.php is not part of the MailBeez V2.5 installation pack.

If you remove that, everything should be fine.

If Security Pro 2.0 should make issues with premium modules , I will fix it

cord

Edited by burt
remove link

• 3 weeks later...

Preview MailBeez V2.6

just a quick list of features of MailBeez V2.6 coming this spring:

• option to use PHPMailer instead of the osCommerce Email Engine
  • Bounce Handling - soft / hard bounces
  • Tracking of which emails have been opened
  • Click-Tracking
  • MailChimp ready: use MailChimp to send MailBeez generated emails (Integration developed in close cooperation with MailChimp)
  • Google Analytics Campaign Analytics on MailBeez Dashboard
  • and of course bugfixing ;.-)

regards

cord

just a short note:

the MailChimp Integration will not be included in MailBeez V2.6, but separately available as Premium Addon.

The Integration is already running in production, but only available on request for pilot merchants - the set-up and configuration is quite complex and not as easy as with the other MailBeez modules

cheers

cord

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MailBeez Version 2.6 released
Finally after weeks of work, hundred of changes and intense testing on selected live site MailBeez Version 2.6 is ready for download!

MailBeez Version 2.6 is a major release with many improvements like

• MailBeez Analytics for tracking of open / click / purchases
  • Enhanced Beez-O-Graph with pop-ups
  • Google Analytics Dashboard Integration: see how GA tracks MailBeez Campaigns
  • Google Analytics URL rewrites in txt format (configurable)
  • Optional Bounce Handling (hard/soft bounces)

To upgrade just download the Quickstart Package - you will find and Upgrade Pack for MailBeez V2.5, which only contains core files. So the update is done by uploading these files and folder (replace / merge).

The fresh installation on osCommerce 2.2 or osCommerce 2.3 is very easy by just uploading the new files & folders and making minor changes to the system.

Some visual highlights are the reworked / new dashboard widgets which give you information about the effect of MailBeez Campaigns:
The Beez-O-Graph shows now open, clicks, orders and bounces - with a drill-down pop-up:
post-277634-0-28830900-1336251934_thumb.png

The new Google Analytics Pie gives you the most important figures from Google Analytics directly in your dashboard:
post-277634-0-62587000-1336251935_thumb.png

The Customer-Loyalty-O-Graph gives an indication, how many of your orders are coming from returning customers:
post-277634-0-65999700-1336251932_thumb.png

As before you can use MailBeez Version 2.6 for free. If you like what you see you can enhance (= more revenue) the System step-by-step for your needs.

enjoy MailBeez
cord

Edited by burt
remove link

• 2 months later...

I've a problem with the installation.

Everything is setup and when I click the install button, the tables are inserted in the DB and it's get redirected to:

admin/mailbeez.php?tab=home

witouth any error what so ever.

Already removed every related table and record in the db and did it all over again witouth any luck.

But then, still the install button is visible and nothing changed.... using mailbeez version 2.6 and heavy modified osc 2.2 RC2

ps I had this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare count_products_in_category() (previously declared in*snip*/httpdocs/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php:17) in *snip*/httpdocs/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php on line33

By removing the file (configuration_cache.php) it was going without any error.

Edited by nielss

Anyhelp ????

Niels...why don't you send Cord a PM...his support is fantastic and I'm guess he just isn't seeing your request...dan

@@MailBeez

I've a problem with the installation.

Everything is setup and when I click the install button, the tables are inserted in the DB and it's get redirected to:

admin/mailbeez.php?tab=home

witouth any error what so ever.

Already removed every related table and record in the db and did it all over again witouth any luck.

But then, still the install button is visible and nothing changed.... using mailbeez version 2.6 and heavy modified osc 2.2 RC2

ps I had this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare count_products_in_category() (previously declared in*snip*/httpdocs/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php:17) in *snip*/httpdocs/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php on line33

By removing the file (configuration_cache.php) it was going without any error.

Hi Niels, I didn't get any notification from the forum about a new entry, sorry for the late reply.

Have you been able to solve the issue? Looks like you have a config cache addon installed, which currently is not support by MailBeez (it supports already a number of config caches).

Just get in touch with me through this forum or the helpdesk on mailbeez.com (green tab on the right hand side)

regards

cord

• 1 month later...

MailBeez V2.6.5 Release

Google Analytics Dashboard Integration is working again

Am happy to announce the latest release of MailBeez! Please download the latest Version of MailBeez .

Updating is very easy with help of the included update pack, which only includes the core files.

After uploading the new files the system will update itself (please check the included instructions)

Enhancements:

• Support for new Google Analytics API
  • Improved compatibility of PHPMailer
  • Improved handling of invalid email addresses w/o stopping PHPMailer
  • PHP Mailer default Chartset UTF-8
  • improved support for SSL
  • improved english wording (thanks to kelly)
  • added index to tracking table (automatically)

Bugfixes:

• bugfix for error on Dashboard
  • Respect the "Send copy" setting in simulation mode
  • iteration check bugfix
  • bugfix for config_cron_simple support
  • bugfix for clearing template_c directory, which have cause that emails did not show latest changes

For updating please apply the upgrade pack for MailBeez V2.5 (even if you are running MailBeez V2.6.x)

Edited by burt
remove link