• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

Doug...based on your positng above that file should be here...

/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php

Is that where you have it? If it is you might want to upload all of the MailBeez files again as Cord suggested, since something might have happened in the original transfer process.

Dan

I have just checked and yes thats there where it should be. the only thing i can think of is i manualy installed/copied files and folders as i don't know how to install addons any other way.

Doug

yes i tried and i got a 404 error very frustrating

Not Found

The requested URL /shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

is the responce i keep getting.

Doug

Cord...I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not but I'll ask anyway. PM if you think it's more appropriate. I've been thinking about your new referral module...it's on my todo list and I was wondering how it would handle the situation where an existing customer happens to be referred to you? Would that still give them a referral discount or would the module recognize that and give them some sort of "sorry" message in it's place. I operate in a niche market where many of our customers know each other and I can see that happening fairly frequently...dan

have fixed the problem with the instal now how do i send emails with this addon

Doug have a look under the modules tab and pick one that you'd like to work with...install it, if it's not already installed, and edit the settings....you'll then have some options to select from...view the email templates, send a test mail...see a list of who it will be sent to etc.....play around with it and let us know if you have any problems....if you do post back here and be specific with as much information as you can with respect to nature of the problem....what isn't working and why....I'll help if I can and I'm sure Cord will jump in too...dan

Hi Dan

i have been playing around as you surggested and i'm not getting it to work for me i have modified text on the templates and only the birthday one seems to have worked. but the problem i have at the moment is this. When i put mailbeez into production mode and try and send an email i get the following cade at the bottom

code: mailbeez_check - module: mailbeez_check

Result:0 items

no matching customers or all items have been sent

how do i get my customer emails into mailbeez db.

Doug

Cord...I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not but I'll ask anyway. PM if you think it's more appropriate. I've been thinking about your new referral module...it's on my todo list and I was wondering how it would handle the situation where an existing customer happens to be referred to you? Would that still give them a referral discount or would the module recognize that and give them some sort of "sorry" message in it's place. I operate in a niche market where many of our customers know each other and I can see that happening fairly frequently...dan

hi dan,

ReferralHoney is works on top of the CCGV coupon system - and that system does not have any check if a customer is new or not. But even if it would: it is very easy to bypass this by just setting up a new account.

However: the Sharing coupon (the one the customer is giving out to his friends using his personal sharepage) is valid only a configurable number of days (calculated from point of sending), also you can define the maximum number of usages for a share coupon. Also you could restrict the coupon to some kind of "welcome products". Btw the "Sharing coupon" is already marked as "used" for the customer getting this coupon for sharing - so he can't use it.

So in case you are worried the coupon gets out of control: limit the number of usages.

what do you think?

cord

Hi Dan

i have been playing around as you surggested and i'm not getting it to work for me i have modified text on the templates and only the birthday one seems to have worked. but the problem i have at the moment is this. When i put mailbeez into production mode and try and send an email i get the following cade at the bottom

how do i get my customer emails into mailbeez db.

Doug

Hi doug,

MailBeez is working with the emails out of your customer db - you just need to configure the module correctly so that it can find recipients. (e.g. birthday: if there is no customer having a birthday in the configured timeframe around "now" the module will not find any matching customer

cord

Doug have a look under the modules tab and pick one that you'd like to work with...install it, if it's not already installed, and edit the settings....you'll then have some options to select from...view the email templates, send a test mail...see a list of who it will be sent to etc.....play around with it and let us know if you have any problems....if you do post back here and be specific with as much information as you can with respect to nature of the problem....what isn't working and why....I'll help if I can and I'm sure Cord will jump in too...dan

Doug,

please check out the Guide to getting Started:
  Edited by burt
remove link

Do i have to pay for the mods

doug

The basic modules are free...the more advanced ones you'll have to pay for...there is a list on thier website....dan

hi dan,

ReferralHoney is works on top of the CCGV coupon system - and that system does not have any check if a customer is new or not. But even if it would: it is very easy to bypass this by just setting up a new account.

However: the Sharing coupon (the one the customer is giving out to his friends using his personal sharepage) is valid only a configurable number of days (calculated from point of sending), also you can define the maximum number of usages for a share coupon. Also you could restrict the coupon to some kind of "welcome products". Btw the "Sharing coupon" is already marked as "used" for the customer getting this coupon for sharing - so he can't use it.

So in case you are worried the coupon gets out of control: limit the number of usages.

what do you think?

cord

Hummm....I don't think any of those suggestions are going to work for me....I'm in a real niche market and most of our customers are members of the same clubs, message boards, travel in the same circles etc...that's not to say that they wouldn't know a few people that aren't already customers but I'm sure they'll also know many who already are....I think the only way this is going to work for me is if there was some kind of check against our database before the coupon is validated....I don't know anything about CCGV at this point but perhaps we can build in some sort of check for that...I'm going to install CCGV anyway so I'll give that some further thought when I do so...thanks for responding....dan

PS: An after thought, would it be possible to build a check into the share page?

Edited by Dan Cole

sorry but must be missing something i have read the info but no where dose it show me how, were and why about sending a normal email.

Regards Doug

I don't know what you mean by normal emails Doug but the Mailbeez emails are sent using the modules....so they are in effect sent to groups of customers that met the modules criteria...dan

Hummm....I don't think any of those suggestions are going to work for me....I'm in a real niche market and most of our customers are members of the same clubs, message boards, travel in the same circles etc...that's not to say that they wouldn't know a few people that aren't already customers but I'm sure they'll also know many who already are....I think the only way this is going to work for me is if there was some kind of check against our database before the coupon is validated....I don't know anything about CCGV at this point but perhaps we can build in some sort of check for that...I'm going to install CCGV anyway so I'll give that some further thought when I do so...thanks for responding....dan

PS: An after thought, would it be possible to build a check into the share page?

Hi dan,

a check like this must be done in the CCGV code - it checks already if the number of usages is below the configured number.

Could be a simple check if the customer trying to use it, already has placed an order before.

cord

hi dan,

the idea above should actually work, but important is to check if the coupon was sent by referralhoney - otherwise all coupons would only work for existing customers. ReferralHoney does track the share coupons, so with a simple query a check would be possible.

The feedback in case a existing customer tries to use the coupon could be the same as the number of redemption for this share coupon has been reached - so the customer would not think of creating a new account. also you could add some tracking to see how often that situations appears.

cord

hi dan,

the idea above should actually work, but important is to check if the coupon was sent by referralhoney - otherwise all coupons would only work for existing customers. ReferralHoney does track the share coupons, so with a simple query a check would be possible.

The feedback in case a existing customer tries to use the coupon could be the same as the number of redemption for this share coupon has been reached - so the customer would not think of creating a new account. also you could add some tracking to see how often that situations appears.

cord

Thanks Cord...that is good to know...I like the idea so I'll keep moving in this direction.

Dan

hi dan,

will be off next week, but back end of january. I think I will make this adoption of CCGV as part of the ReferralHoney Package - should be only one line of code to add (in general I try to avoid as much as possible to modify the existing store-files)

cord