• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

sorry for my late reply - simple didnt received any notifications as I usually do!

no, that is not how it should be. I think your linefeed settings of oscommerce email system are some wrong.

Do you have any modifications around your email function? MailBeez uses the osCommerce email engine (see mailhive/common/functions/email_engine.php)

cheers

cord

Yes, I do have modifications to use the class.phpmailer.php file so I have a feeling there has to be something in there possibly. It would seem that it is sending both text and html versions together, is there supposed to be a way to send a test for either version??

The odd thing is, I installed the 2.5 from scratch and I didn't see any extra steps to take to get those tables installed. But I will go ahead and recopy the files over and see what happens in regards to the SQL error.

Yes, I do have modifications to use the class.phpmailer.php file so I have a feeling there has to be something in there possibly. It would seem that it is sending both text and html versions together, is there supposed to be a way to send a test for either version??

The odd thing is, I installed the 2.5 from scratch and I didn't see any extra steps to take to get those tables installed. But I will go ahead and recopy the files over and see what happens in regards to the SQL error.

Fixed everything! Just in case anyone else has this happen, I had to add "$config->update();" to the mailbeez.php file in the admin to get the update to run. You must remove that line after it runs the one time because then all the tables you need will be inserted.

Then for some reason my Oscommerce 2.2 version has a messed up function for the add_html so I had to change the email_engine.php file to use add_text function instead, you then need to copy the add_text function from mail.php and copy that into the extended emailMB.php file under common/classes/oscommerce. Since I use class.phpmailer.php I then check subject lines to call the IsHTML(true) function as needed.

Feel free to message me directly if you ever need more details about this.

good to hear it works now! "normally" everything gets installed automatically the first time you hit the install button. looks like something went wrong so the install-routine didn't run through.

your adoptions are necessary since you have other non-standard modifications in your system - non-modified (at least the email class) osCommerce systems will work perfectly with MailBeez as it comes.

Hi

Am just trying to install Mailbeez to my Oscommerce site v 2.2 RC2a.

When I goto admin I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/xpertdr1/public_html/stik-r.com/admin/includes/boxes/tools.php on line 36

This is my code - can anyone help out and advise me how to adjust things so I can do the install.

Thanks Helen

<?php
/*
 $Id: tools.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- tools //-->
	  <tr>
	    <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();
 $heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_TOOLS,
				 'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP, 'selected_box=tools'));
 if ($selected_box == 'tools') {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_BACKUP . '</a><br>' .
					    '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STORE_BACKUP) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink" >' . BOX_TOOLS_STORE_BACKUP . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_BANNER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CACHE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_CACHE . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_MAIL . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE . '</a><br>'
							   . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAILBEEZ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">MailBeez</a><br>'
  )

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
	    </td>
	  </tr>
<!-- tools_eof //-->

You're missing a closing ")" and ";" at the end of the Mailbeez link...it should look more like this...

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAILBEEZ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">MailBeez</a><br>');

Dan

Hi Dan

Thank you for sparing the time to try and help.

Made that change and now I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /admin/includes/boxes/tools.php on line 33

Any further ideas?

Helen

Hi Dan

Thank you for sparing the time to try and help.

Made that change and now I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /admin/includes/boxes/tools.php on line 33

Any further ideas?

Helen

Sounds like you're still missing a bracket on line 33....either have a look at how your original file was coded or post the code here and I'll have another look.

Dan

Edited by Dan Cole

Hi

Here's the code:

<?php
/*
*/
?>
<!-- tools //-->
	  <tr>
	    <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_BACKUP . '</a><br>' .
					    '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STORE_BACKUP) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink" >' . BOX_TOOLS_STORE_BACKUP . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_BANNER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CACHE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_CACHE . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_MAIL . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE . '</a><br>'
		  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAILBEEZ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">MailBeez</a><br>');
  )

$box = new box;
?>
	    </td>
	  </tr>
<!-- tools_eof //-->

Thanks, again.

Helen

I think the final bracket that you have there....the ")" two lines above the $box = new box; towards the bottom of the file should be a curly bracket...ie a "}". Try that and let me know how it works out...dan

Not sure what your doing on your end but I made that change to the file you posted and it works fine....here is a copy if you just want to save and replace your existing tools.php file with it...dan

<?php
/*
*/
?>
<!-- tools //-->
			  <tr>
				<td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE . '</a><br>' .
	  }
 $box = new box;
?>
				</td>
			  </tr>
<!-- tools_eof //-->

Yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

wub.pngwub.png

I winmerged my code and yours and there was only 1 difference - a dot!!!! at the end of the line WHOS_ONLINE.

'</a><br>' .

THANK YOU!!

I can now get on with uploading the rest of the contributions I have chosen. biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We have installed the trustpilot module for mailbeez but get following error on our site

- Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/xxx/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

We have tried to change the file admissions to 444 and similar but it just reverse back to 644 again, we did not have that problem before installing this module

- Also when we click at Mailbeez link in admin, we are forwarded to the startpage of our site

How to solve this issues

Edited by Gonzola

• 2 weeks later...

hi gonzo

We have installed the trustpilot module for mailbeez but get following error on our site

- Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/xxx/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

We have tried to change the file admissions to 444 and similar but it just reverse back to 644 again, we did not have that problem before installing this module

This message is not related to MailBeez, the system does not change the access rights of the configure.php (MailBeez does not change any files other what you do manually)

- Also when we click at Mailbeez link in admin, we are forwarded to the startpage of our site

How to solve this issues

sounds like admin rights are not set?

cord

Mailbeez proudly presents

MailBeez ReferralHoney

ReferralHoney is a fully automated customer referral system for the Mailbeez framework (free).
Customers refer friends or family to your store, and get rewarded when one of their referral group makes a purchase, a cycle which truly makes every customer a potential markeeter.

post-277634-0-71493500-1326402200_thumb.png

will soon add some screenshots of the sharing page (for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email) and of the email templates as well of the analytics reports.

ReferralHoney is installed in minutes (simple drop-in installation), no store files needs to be modified

ReferraHoney on osCommerce 2.2 and osCommerce 2.3 requires the CCGV coupon system installed!

cheers
cord

Edited by burt
remove links

Sounds awesome Cord....now I guess I need to update my Discount Coupon contribution to CCGV for sure. :'(

Dan

Edited by Dan Cole

HI Dan,

so far CCGV is still the most used coupon system (it is default in almost all other platforms supported by MailBeez)

cord

PS: "your" module is still on the roadmap... am feeling really bad about the ongoing delays

hi thanks for the addon but I'm getting the follow.

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access /home/mysite/public_html/

shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/Smarty.class.php on line 1442.

Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/Smarty.class.php on line 1442.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/Smarty.class.php on line 1442.

I've followed the install instructions. I can genrally fix some of these problems in php but this time cannot find anything wrong.

hi thanks for the addon but I'm getting the follow.

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access /home/mysite/public_html/

shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/Smarty.class.php on line 1442.

Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/Smarty.class.php on line 1442.

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/Smarty.class.php on line 1442.

I've followed the install instructions. I can genrally fix some of these problems in php but this time cannot find anything wrong.

Doug, does the Smarty directory exist and does it have the required files in it?

Dan

hi douglas,

the extras folder is not necessary for osCommerce.

you need have a structure like this:

catalog/mailhive/

catalog/mailhive.php

are you having your admin folder below the catalog folder?

cord

Doug...based on your positng above that file should be here...

/shop/mailhive/common/classes/Smarty_2.6.26/internals/core.write_compiled_resource.php

Is that where you have it? If it is you might want to upload all of the MailBeez files again as Cord suggested, since something might have happened in the original transfer process.

Dan