• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

Hi there!

It's me again :)

Found another strange thing in Mailbeez.

The Facebook review isn't running automaticly.

When I look in the module, and list receipients. There are lot's of them in there.

But the cronjob doesn't send out the emails.

When I run the mailbeez.php manualy, it all works ok and the emails are all send out...

you are welcome!

your strange thing is really very strange!

assuming you are running mailbeez v. 2.x:

1. does your cronjob call the url w/ o limiting to certain modules?

2. when you lock at the tracking log: can you confirm the facebook module is not sending emails?

3. when you look at the event log does it show a full run of mailhive: "MAILHIVE_INIT" indicates the start of a run. do you also find the matching entry that indicates the end of a complete run (think it is "MAILHIVE_CLOSE" - am not at my system at the moment).

if not mailhive might reach the php process timeout. you can activate more details under configuration > event log to track which modules are initiated and executed and where it stops.

cheers

cord

1. http://www.mydomain.com/mailhive.php?f6b9723323e1bxxxxxxxb=run&silent=1 (xxxxx = in fact a number ;) )

2. Yes. The Module does not show up at all

3. Only this: 344 2011-05-25 07:57:46 MAILBEEZ_MODULE_INIT review_facebook class constructed PROD

But it does this for all other modules too.

I can only set MODULE_INIT and MODULE_SQL. There are no more options...

I'm running version 2.1 btw.

1. http://www.mydomain.com/mailhive.php?f6b9723323e1bxxxxxxxb=run&silent=1 (xxxxx = in fact a number ;) )

2. Yes. The Module does not show up at all

3. Only this: 344 2011-05-25 07:57:46 MAILBEEZ_MODULE_INIT review_facebook class constructed PROD

But it does this for all other modules too.

I can only set MODULE_INIT and MODULE_SQL. There are no more options...

I'm running version 2.1 btw.

1. URL looks good

2. ok, so it does not send

3. ok, so the module gets loaded

please call the cron url manually and check if you see these entries (you see the latest event on the top in reverse chronological order):

MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT - mailhive was started

MAILHIVE_RUN_COMPLETE - mailhive has complete the run successfully

in between these events you should see an MODULE_QUERY for each module?

cheers

cord

1. URL looks good

2. ok, so it does not send

3. ok, so the module gets loaded

please call the cron url manually and check if you see these entries (you see the latest event on the top in reverse chronological order):

MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT - mailhive was started

MAILHIVE_RUN_COMPLETE - mailhive has complete the run successfully

in between these events you should see an MODULE_QUERY for each module?

cheers

cord

Did this.

The result:

Processing....
code: winback
module: winback

SNAP.... deleted the email addresses

Result:0 items
no matching customers or all items have been sent 

Processing....
code: review_facebook
module: review_facebook

1 successfully sent: 42602 emailaddress is here
2 successfully sent: 47319 emailaddress is here
3 successfully sent: 47042 emailaddress is here
4 successfully sent: 16351 emailaddress is here
5 successfully sent: 47134 emailaddress is here
6 successfully sent: 43956 emailaddress is here
7 successfully sent: 22463 emailaddress is here
7 blocked by validation: email_address empty - data not valid sending 47033 Dennis van Orsouw
8 successfully sent: 47242 emailaddress is here
9 successfully sent: 47187 emailaddress is here
10 successfully sent: 46661 emailaddress is here
11 successfully sent: 47007 emailaddress is here
12 successfully sent: 43348 emailaddress is here
13 successfully sent: 47304 emailaddress is here
14 successfully sent: 46098 emailaddress is here
15 successfully sent: 47307 emailaddress is here
Result:15 items  

Processing....
code: review
module: review
Processing....
code: nopurchase
module: nopurchase
Processing....
code: service_db_optimize
module: service_db_optimize

I guess this line is your privat mail?

7 blocked by validation: email_address empty - data not valid sending 47033 Dennis van Orsouw

Try a other mail adress or call a friend for his mail.

Regards,

jasper

• 5 weeks later...

New Module: Payment in Advance Dunning

for those using in advance / proforma invoice payment (so customers need actively transfer money before you ship the order) this module might be very helpful and save tons of time:

payment_inadvanced_dunning_en.png

Just configure the order-status that identifies orders awaiting payment and timeframes and things will run automatically

Easy drop-in installation, separate templates for each workflow step. Fully compatible with Multilanguage Template Manager

Read more:

Edited by burt
remove link

New Module: Payment in Advance Dunning

for those using in advance / proforma invoice payment (so customers need actively transfer money before you ship the order) this module might be very helpful and save tons of time:

payment_inadvanced_dunning_en.png

Just configure the order-status that identifies orders awaiting payment and timeframes and things will run automatically

Easy drop-in installation, separate templates for each workflow step. Fully compatible with Multilanguage Template Manager

Read more:

sorry, link goes to the review_advanced module

correct link is:

Edited by burt
remove links

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just getting back to using MailBeez which I think is a fantastic program. I started using it about a year ago and got a little off track and put it aside. I recently decided to start using it again and so far I've updated to the last version (well done Cord...you've really improved the program over the past year - it was incredible then but it's fantastic now) and have also got the Customers without purchase and the Winback modules up and running. I'm also starting to see some results from those modules so I'm excited to find some additional uses for MailBeez. I think being able to send emails to customers who purchased a particular product would be very useful to promote additional products to those customers or offer them related items and to that end I've got a programmer working on a module for that. With Cords and the programmers permission I hope to package that up as a contribution.

In the meantime I wonder what other uses folks have found for Mailbeez? What have you been doing with Mailbeez and how is it working out? Please share your ideas and experience.

Dan

I got the same problem with the module bulkmail once i send an email to all my customers and a few weeks later i will change the name of the newsletter with a different content and try to send another fresh newsletter its not resetting and in my list list recipiens i have no customer can you please tell me if someone had fixed this problem . Regards - walter

The problem is with permisions in the templates_c folder if you give the right permsions, all works fine.
The folder is ..\mailhive\common\templates_c

Edited by burt
remove spam links

The problem is with permisions in the templates_c folder if you give the right permsions, all works fine.
The folder is ..\mailhive\common\templates_c

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, thx for the advice i tried all permission on this folder and its still not working. the only solution i found at the moment is to modified bulkmail.php false to true

// early check to avoid processing when email was already sent
$chk_result = $mb_chk->check($this->module, $this->iteration, $item['customers_id']);
if ($chk_result != true) {
// this iteration for this customer was already sent -> skip
//this means if for this customer he has 2011 in mailbeez_tracking then skip him

if you can tell me what the permissions are it will be great because its a bit a pain in the ass to do that way i bypass the check. Thank you walter Edited by burt
remove quoted spam links

Hi, thx for the advice i tried all permission on this folder and its still not working. the only solution i found at the moment is to modified bulkmail.php false to true

// early check to avoid processing when email was already sent

$chk_result = $mb_chk->check($this->module, $this->iteration, $item['customers_id']);

if ($chk_result != true) {

// this iteration for this customer was already sent -> skip

//this means if for this customer he has 2011 in mailbeez_tracking then skip him

if you can tell me what the permissions are it will be great because its a bit a pain in the ass to do that way i bypass the check. Thank you walter

Actually its not even working :(

Hi Rob,

I am ready to pay for a simple bulkmail module can you please let me know if you will be ok to you to look for a new bulkmaail module.

thx walter

hi walter,

assuming Rob == Cord:

I can take care of this, but lets have a PM chat first - I sent you a message

cheers

cord

Hi,

I just tried the required 3 times to install latest version 2.2 on a heavy modified 2.2rca store

uploaded all files and made all file modifications.

when first loading and click on "install" this is the message I get:

/MailBeez Repository/dev_mailbeez_modules/dashboardbeez/dashboard_review_o_meter.php

Fatal error: Class 'dashboard_review_o_meter' not found in /XXX/XXXX/XX/XX/XXXXXXXXX/htdocs/XXXXX/catalog/mailhive/configbeez/config.php on line 342

I checked my server and this file is physically there. I checked my sql and it added 3 new tables. When I go back to admin/tools/mailbeez I find the dashboard and the configuration options. However nothing that looks like I could send an Email with ;)

Is there anything I can do to find out where the problem might be?

Thanks

tom.

edit:

Well, after the second try I have set Ultimate SEO Urls use to false, as I have already read that Url rewrite might have some influence. However no changed results after that.

Edited by Tom172

Hi,

I just tried the required 3 times to install latest version 2.2 on a heavy modified 2.2rca store

I checked my server and this file is physically there. I checked my sql and it added 3 new tables. When I go back to admin/tools/mailbeez I find the dashboard and the configuration options. However nothing that looks like I could send an Email with ;)

Thanks

tom.

hi tom,

let me check - I just finished that release yesterday.

cheers

cord

Hi,

Thanks

tom.

edit:

Well, after the second try I have set Ultimate SEO Urls use to false, as I have already read that Url rewrite might have some influence. However no changed results after that.

Hi Tom,

please download again from mailbeez.com

looks like some symbolic links did challenge me... ;-)

edit: again, but now it should work!

cheers

cord

Edited by MailBeez

Hi Tom,

please download again from mailbeez.com

looks like some symbolic links did challenge me... ;-)

edit: again, but now it should work!

cheers

cord

Thank you Cord!

This helps! and everything works just fine now.

tom

Hi Cord,

thank you for pointing me into the right direction - I have solved the STS issue too!

Here is the solution I found across the boards:

1: open the file catalog/includes/modules/sts/sts_default.php

2: find around line 43:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

change to:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "mailhive.php")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

3: save the changes

Voila, everything is fine!.

Cheers

Roland

Just like to say, I have just load Mailbeez and had the STS problem. Although I did not know the problem was STS based or some other mod I have done.

I have just modified the code as above and now works great!!

This looks like a wonderful bit of kit - my thanks to Mailbeez, you can bet we will take up some of your paid for modules.

Also many thanks to RCSails for the bug fix.

Jimmy

Hi again, could do with some help please, I have changed the jpg email_header_beez.jpg and although the email is showing correctly on the pop-up, the original image is still being emailed out. Obviously, this has something to do with a cache somewhere, but I am not sure where.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi again, could do with some help please, I have changed the jpg email_header_beez.jpg and although the email is showing correctly on the pop-up, the original image is still being emailed out. Obviously, this has something to do with a cache somewhere, but I am not sure where.

Cheers

Jimmy

I have sorted after a bit of reading through the forum. I went to admin/modules.php and removed a random : then put it back and re-saved.

To be on the safe side, I also went to my admin section, and in the config menu, clicked on cache (which I have flagged as "false" as standard) - turn it on then back off again.

I have sorted after a bit of reading through the forum. I went to admin/modules.php and removed a random : then put it back and re-saved.

To be on the safe side, I also went to my admin section, and in the config menu, clicked on cache (which I have flagged as "false" as standard) - turn it on then back off again.

Hi jimmy,

I guess it is your email reader doing the caching. Try to modify the filename of the header image (also in the tpl)

Hi jimmy,

I guess it is your email reader doing the caching. Try to modify the filename of the header image (also in the tpl)

Cheers, as I have said it is fine now, therefore the cache may have cleared overnight, the next question, if that is possible is:

On the winback module I would like to show what the last item purchased was and possible the date purchased, is there any placeholders for this item, or how do you produce a placeholder.

We have been manually sending this type of email out for a while now, and although time consuming it really does reap benefits, that is why I was so pleased to find your excellent package.

Jimmy

Cheers, as I have said it is fine now, therefore the cache may have cleared overnight, the next question, if that is possible is:

On the winback module I would like to show what the last item purchased was and possible the date purchased, is there any placeholders for this item, or how do you produce a placeholder.

We have been manually sending this type of email out for a while now, and although time consuming it really does reap benefits, that is why I was so pleased to find your excellent package.

Jimmy

Hi jimmy,

Great you already know the value and effect of winback campaigns. What you are looking for will be part of the winback_advanced module coming out soon!

Cheers

Cord

Hi jimmy,

Great you already know the value and effect of winback campaigns. What you are looking for will be part of the winback_advanced module coming out soon!

Cheers

Cord

That's brill!! Look forward to it.

Jimmy