• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

hi henry,

the TP-LANG value is taken dynamically from your configuration - do you have any configuration cache in your system? you can send me your admin/modules.php and I can check.

there is no need to change the template of the trustpilot module, since only a trigger is send to trustpilot.

cheers

cord

PS: am finalizing MailBeez 2.0 - would you be interested in translating the admin into spanish?

Hi Cord,

Yes, I have a configuration cache contrib. but I think it is deactivated in the admin.

I'll send you admin/modules.php by private message.

And of course, I can translate the admin of MailBeez 2.0 from English to Spanish.

I translated the spanish site of Trustpilot (trustpilot.es) to spanish.

Thank you very much.

Hi Cord,

Yes, I have a configuration cache contrib. but I think it is deactivated in the admin.

I'll send you admin/modules.php by private message.

And of course, I can translate the admin of MailBeez 2.0 from English to Spanish.

I translated the spanish site of Trustpilot (trustpilot.es) to spanish.

Thank you very much.

hi henry,

thanks for sending me your modules.php

just recently built in support for the configuration cache you use - will be support with MailBeez 2.0 which is coming out in a couple of days.

until then: after chaning a setting in mailbeez (must appear very stubborn to you) you need to click once on the modules page to refresh the config cache.

will contact you regarding translation ;-)

cheers

cord

hi henry,

thanks for sending me your modules.php

just recently built in support for the configuration cache you use - will be support with MailBeez 2.0 which is coming out in a couple of days.

until then: after chaning a setting in mailbeez (must appear very stubborn to you) you need to click once on the modules page to refresh the config cache.

will contact you regarding translation ;-)

cheers

cord

Hi Cord,

I tried to clic on admin/modules.php in the admin without success.

Please help me how can I solve it.

Regards,

Enrique

Hi Cord,

I tried to clic on admin/modules.php in the admin without success.

Please help me how can I solve it.

Regards,

Enrique

sorry, my fault: in admin/modules.php you need to edit a setting and click on save to refresh the cache (you don't have to change anything)

sorry, my fault: in admin/modules.php you need to edit a setting and click on save to refresh the cache (you don't have to change anything)

Hi Cord,

Yes I had already done that.

Also, now, I deleted the cache via FTP witout success: Allways is en-GB the languaje in the email sent to trustpilot. I select es-ES

Please help me, I am atemting to use Trustpilot for monts (first I translated Trustpilot site, after there was a problem in my account configuration, etc).

Hi Cord,

Great contribution! I haven't used it yet but I am sure I will love it when I get everything ready! I just installed bulkmail and this is the error I get when I "list recipients" my sql is not that great

1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT()...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause

SELECT customers_newsletter, COUNT(customers_email_address) FROM customers WHERE customers_newsletter=1

I also have newsletters and subscribers on my site, so that unregistered users can sign up for the newsletter and that information is installed in a seperate table... I am thinking of how to:

get customers from --customers table

get emails -- from subscribers table ( just emails I don't require names)

merge together

if name is null { //do nothing}else {echo name}

I know this isn't correct coding just a thought if I get this to work I will send you my new bulkmail.php so maybe you can intergrate it...? I think its good to let non-reg users sign up for emails.

Any Ideas on that above error?

Thanks

get customers from --customers table

get emails -- from subscribers table ( just emails I don't require names)

merge together

I dont have to do this as the sub & news module merges this information for me, I just have to change in bulkmail where it gets the information and the name being blank field...

Hi Cord,

I realize this is new,

so I just want to tell you the errors I get.

I get the above error so I change the code to :

//count how many emails to send

$count_queryleft="SELECT count(*) as count FROM subscribers WHERE customers_newsletter=" . MAILBEEZ_BULKMAIL_CUSTOMERS . "";

//$countleft=mh_db_query($count_queryleft);

$sentleft = tep_db_fetch_array($count_queryleft);

//while($rowleft = mh_db_fetch_array($countleft)){

//$sentleft=$rowleft['count'];

//}

//count how many emails have been sent

$count_mailed="SELECT count(*) as count FROM mailbeez_tracking WHERE iteration='50'";

//$countmailed=mh_db_query($count_mailed);

$mailed = tep_db_fetch_array($count_mailed);

//while($rowmailed = mh_db_fetch_array($countmailed)){

//$mailed=$rowmailed['count'];

//}

Im not sure if that will work or not, I think its just a matter of getting the total # & the # sent?

Another error is that it just loops through the first customer it finds and keeps sending them the email...

Thanks,

Judy

The bulkmail for Mailbeez contribution is an independent contribution created outside of Mailbeez, so the issues above are not Mailbeez or Cord's coding.

Judy, the error can be fixed by changing this:

$count_queryleft="SELECT count(*) as count FROM subscribers WHERE customers_newsletter=" . MAILBEEZ_BULKMAIL_CUSTOMERS . "";

To this:

$count_queryleft="SELECT count(*) as count FROM subscribers WHERE customers_newsletter=" . MAILBEEZ_BULKMAIL_CUSTOMERS . " GROUP BY customers_newsletter";

Also this statement:

$count_mailed="SELECT count(*) as count FROM mailbeez_tracking WHERE iteration='50'";

may have a syntax error that is not an issue in older versions of PHP but is in the newer version. Perhaps someone more familiar with this can spot the problem. In any case the program will run if you comment out those sections, it just won't show the counts.

Second issue: List Audience

The bullkmail does have a 'bug' in that when you 'list the audience', you will only get the first name. However when you 'run' it, it will loop though the mailing list.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

The bulkmail for Mailbeez contribution is an independent contribution created outside of Mailbeez, so the issues above are not Mailbeez or Cord's coding.

Judy, the error can be fixed by changing this:

To this:

$count_queryleft="SELECT count(*) as count FROM subscribers WHERE customers_newsletter=" . MAILBEEZ_BULKMAIL_CUSTOMERS . " GROUP BY customers_newsletter";

Also this statement:

may have a syntax error that is not an issue in older versions of PHP but is in the newer version. Perhaps someone more familiar with this can spot the problem. In any case the program will run if you comment out those sections, it just won't show the counts.

Second issue: List Audience

The bullkmail does have a 'bug' in that when you 'list the audience', you will only get the first name. However when you 'run' it, it will loop though the mailing list.

Thanks for your response, I just commented them out thinking it would work.

About the looping, if i run it in simulation mode it still only sends me the email should i put it in production and see where it sends it? Right now I am still testing and have 3 different emails and no customer emails so I don't have to worry about sending it to them.

Thank you again

Thanks for your response, I just commented them out thinking it would work.

About the looping, if i run it in simulation mode it still only sends me the email should i put it in production and see where it sends it? Right now I am still testing and have 3 different emails and no customer emails so I don't have to worry about sending it to them.

Thank you again

It works if I take it out of simulation mode! thanks!!

Cord...

I think I'm still confused about setting the dates for which customers I want to notify with the "review reminder" module.

I want to notify customers to write a review on the 14th day after they completed their order.

I figured 14 days was long enough for them to receive their order and would be ready to write a review on it.

But, I don't know how to set that up in the following settings.

I thought this would do it... but there doesn't seem to be a list of customers to send to everyday, and there definitely should be.

Set days passed

Set days to skip after

Thanks for the help...

That "Can" you're about to open... has worms!

Don't say I didn't worn ya.

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

MailBeez 2.0 released
Today MailBeez 2.0 got finalized and released.

Thanks to many feedback of people testing MailBeez 2.0 during the past week this release is very stable and recommended for production.

Download on mailbeez.com

new features and bugfixes in MailBeez 2.0
 mailbeez.com/documentation/changelog/

The upgrade is painfree and very simple to do (when you follow the 3 steps of the enclosed file "EN_update_v1.x_to_v2.0.txt" )

will upload soon to addons as well

enjoy MailBeez

cord

Edited by burt
remove links

Cord...

I think I'm still confused about setting the dates for which customers I want to notify with the "review reminder" module.

I want to notify customers to write a review on the 14th day after they completed their order.

I figured 14 days was long enough for them to receive their order and would be ready to write a review on it.

But, I don't know how to set that up in the following settings.

I thought this would do it... but there doesn't seem to be a list of customers to send to everyday, and there definitely should be.

Thanks for the help...

it should work with your settings, wonder if you already sent the emails? did you chose the order status correctly or do you use different order status e.g based on payment methods?

with mailbeez 2.0 you will get a better insight about what has happened, see reports > event log, tracking log and opt-out log viewer.

cheers

cord

I have the same question as forummaker. The first setting 'set days passed' I get. I'm pretty sure it means, if I set that value to '10' and John Doe places an order on Feb 1st, then on Feb 11th, John Doe's order shows up in the 'list recipients' list.

It's the second setting that's confusing. If I set 'set days to skip after' to '20', then what happens on Feb 21st if I have not sent out John Doe's review request email? My assumption, is that it will not show up in the 'list recipients' list on Feb 21, but it would have shown up in that list on Feb 20th. Am I correct?

Edited by npn2531

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

I have posted an update to the Mailbeez Bulkmail module. This update fixes the 'simulation mode' and 'list recipients' functions.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7803

Oscommerce site:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a lawyer, but just don't send spam, only send to people who signed up, include your physical address, an unsubscribe method, and never give out or sell the list.

Oscommerce site:

PS -There is one little bug: The mailbeez module has a way of setting how many copies of a mailing should be sent to the admin email. In the bulk mail module, it works like an 'on or off' button for the email copies, ignoring the number you enter. In other words, if you set it to any number of copies, no matter what the number, it will send 1 copy to you for every person on the mailing list as it mails. Set it to not send copies, and it won't send any copies, as it should.

Oscommerce site:

Hi-Awesome contribution.. Im wondering - Cant we get into legal issues with sending automated emails.?

hi michael,

I think that is highly depending what the law says in your sales region. By its nature MailBeez only will send out emails to registered users, but some region requires to have at least one transaction for justifying sales related follow-up emails or even a newsletter subscription.

Mailbeez offers an "opt-out" option in the framework, which allows customers to block the module.

Am working on a generic filter that allows mailbeez only to send to newsletter subscribers (could be the osc newsletter option and/or external lists e.g. mailchimp). On the roadmap is also a "spam compliance framework" which allows to configure for each module and region whether a mailbeez module is allowed to send emails or not e.g. depending on newsletter subscription, at least one previous order etc.

Personally I have been sending around 50.000 emails with MailBeez in the past 12 months with only 250 opt-outs and virtually no complains. On the other side I got several hundreds of product ratings and 120+ ratings on trustpilot - almost all very positive and of surprising high quality. The growth in revenue is directly connected to these results (reviews + trust -> turns visitors into customers) - compared to any year since 2003 close to +100%.

My interpretation of these results is that customers like to get contacted by the shop they have been buying at and like to contribute with their opinion.

I will soon publish some success stories on mailbeez.com where the merchant could get daily a good number of additional orders through mailbeez and some specific custom modules. (almost 2-digit growth in revenue)

cheers

cord

PS -There is one little bug: The mailbeez module has a way of setting how many copies of a mailing should be sent to the admin email. In the bulk mail module, it works like an 'on or off' button for the email copies, ignoring the number you enter. In other words, if you set it to any number of copies, no matter what the number, it will send 1 copy to you for every person on the mailing list as it mails. Set it to not send copies, and it won't send any copies, as it should.

The official Mailbeez is fine, I meant to say my unofficial BULKMAIL module contribution I wrote for the Mailbeez system has the bug. In fact the reason I wrote this module is because the Mailbeez System works really nicely.

Oscommerce site:

• 3 weeks later...

hi michael,

multilanguage support is almost there, will be a comfortable premium "drop-in" module:

• automatic import of the filebased templates
  • automatic fallback to file-template if no languages are configured
  • tabbed editor for editing templates
  • configuration of languages by 1.) order status strings 2.) country code

First of all. It is a really great contribution!!

I have a simple wish. Please add a 3.) option configuration of language: by custom field from customer table

In my customers database table I have a custom field "customers_language". For now is used for all order status emails and for some other things.

It will be really great if is MailBeez use this field too!

When will be module finished?

First of all. It is a really great contribution!!

I have a simple wish. Please add a 3.) option configuration of language: by custom field from customer table

In my customers database table I have a custom field "customers_language". For now is used for all order status emails and for some other things.

It will be really great if is MailBeez use this field too!

When will be module finished?

hi stane,

good to hear you like mailbeez!

your wish looks quite doable, the multilanguage addon is basically finished but not for public download yet.

I will send you a PM.

cheers

cord

Hi,

Thank you for a great product.

I have everything working except the corncob.

Using cronless all set up.

But looking at the reports, i get this.

20 2011-03-02 14:02:53 MAILHIVE_RUN_COMPLETE mailhive mailhive run completed PROD

20 2011-03-02 14:02:50 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

19 2011-03-02 14:02:30 MAILHIVE_TEST_COMPLETE mailhive mailhive test completed PROD

19 2011-03-02 14:02:30 MAILHIVE_TEST_INIT mailhive mailhive initiated PROD

18 2011-03-01 23:41:04 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

17 2011-02-28 23:41:06 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

16 2011-02-27 23:41:05 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

15 2011-02-26 23:41:05 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

14 2011-02-25 23:41:03 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

13 2011-02-25 23:40:32 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

You'll see that only runs manually triggered are working (last couple) those through cronless are MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT but not completed.

Can you help at all?

Thank you.

Matthew Coxhead

Hi,

Thank you for a great product.

I have everything working except the corncob.

Using cronless all set up.

But looking at the reports, i get this.

20 2011-03-02 14:02:53 MAILHIVE_RUN_COMPLETE mailhive mailhive run completed PROD

20 2011-03-02 14:02:50 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

19 2011-03-02 14:02:30 MAILHIVE_TEST_COMPLETE mailhive mailhive test completed PROD

19 2011-03-02 14:02:30 MAILHIVE_TEST_INIT mailhive mailhive initiated PROD

18 2011-03-01 23:41:04 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

17 2011-02-28 23:41:06 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

16 2011-02-27 23:41:05 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

15 2011-02-26 23:41:05 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

14 2011-02-25 23:41:03 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

13 2011-02-25 23:40:32 MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT mailhive mailhive run initiated PROD

You'll see that only runs manually triggered are working (last couple) those through cronless are MAILHIVE_RUN_INIT but not completed.

Can you help at all?

Thank you.

Matthew Coxhead

hi matthew,

yes, the log shows that mailhive have been called but for some reason the run didn't complete - strange...

please try:

configuration > event log > check "MODULE_INIT"

so after the next run you should see which module is iniated - maybe it helps to find out what goes wrong.

cheers

cord