• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

Hello Cord,

Thanks it works.....

We have installed Trustpilot but we don't use it yet.

First need to have the right module from Trustpilot to show the ratings on our website...

Regards,

Henri

hi henri,

good to hear you figured things out!

Trustpilot: If you sign up for an account (through mailbeez witht discount I hope ;-) ) you will find some JavaScript-Code you need to place in the frontend to display the rating. When you are using STS you can just put it into the template otherwise make a box for it, it is very easy. let me know if you need some help

enjoy

cord

as well thanks a lot for pointing to the right place:

just had a look at the STS code and found this hint:

so such a module would be cleaner to use instead of modifying the STS Code.

I just tried to build such a module, but can't test it. Would be great if you could try it for me in your installation.

Please create a file "sts_mailhive.php" with following content and place it into catalog/includes/modules/sts

After you have installed the module in STS it should do the same as your modification - but without the need to modify STS code which would be overwritten with a future update of STS

<?php
/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2005 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

STS v4 module for mailhive.php by www.mailbeez.com
* Requires STS v4.4 or newer
*/

class sts_mailhive {

var $template_file;

function sts_mailhive (){
   $this->code = 'sts_mailhive';
   $this->title = 'MailBeez.com STS compatibility';
   $this->description = 'This Module makes STS compatible with MailBeez.com V1.5 (v1.0.0)';
   $this->sort_order=6;
   $this->enabled = ((MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
 }

function find_template (){
 // Return an html file to use as template
return '';  // No specific template found, so we don't use template at all
 }

function capture_fields () {
 // Returns list of files to include from folder sts_inc in order to build the $template fields
return '';
 }

function replace () {
 // If we do not use a content template, extract the content from buffer
return '';
 }

//======================================
// Private Functions

// Functions needed for admin

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }
     return $this->_check;
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS');
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Use template for the image popup page', 'MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS', 'false', 'Do you want to use templates for the image popup page', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   } 

}// end class
?>

I have tried your code but so far without success

cheers

Roland

I have tried your code but so far without success

cheers

Roland

what happens? do you have the right STS version?

Requires STS v4.4 or newer

My understanding is, you need to active the new STS module under modules -> STS

Cord,

Although i had some data, i decided to remove MailBeez, re-install, add some more data and try again.

Can´t really tell what it was to share it, but it´s working now.

Thanks again,

Fernando.

please check if your are having enough data in your system, e.g. orders in the given timeframe (review), customers w/o orders (nopurchase), customer with a birthday...

without some data mailbeez won't find any recipients

cord

what happens? do you have the right STS version?

My understanding is, you need to active the new STS module under modules -> STS

Hi Cord,

I'm using sts4.6 and have created the module by creating a new file named sts_mailhive.php in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/sts

Here is the code:

<?php

/*

$Id: sts_mailhive.php,v 1.0 2005/11/03 23:09:49 Rigadin Exp $

Copyright © 2005 osCommerce

* Module for STS v4

*/

define('MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_TITLE', 'MailBeez.com STS compatibility');

define('MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_DESCRIPTION', 'This Module makes STS compatible with MailBeez.com V1.5 (v1.0.0)');

?>

I can enable your function sts_mailhive.php in catalog/includes/modules/sts (I have amended the output text)

here is the code:

<?php

/*

Copyright © 2005 osCommerce

STS v4 module for mailhive.php by www.mailbeez.com

* Requires STS v4.4 or newer

*/

class sts_mailhive {

var $template_file;

function sts_mailhive (){

$this->code = 'sts_mailhive';

$this->title = 'MailBeez.com STS compatibility';

$this->description = 'This Module makes STS compatible with MailBeez.com V1.5 (v1.0.0)';

$this->sort_order=6;

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);

}

function find_template (){

// Return an html file to use as template

return ''; // No specific template found, so we don't use template at all

}

function capture_fields () {

// Returns list of files to include from folder sts_inc in order to build the $template fields

return '';

}

function replace () {

// If we do not use a content template, extract the content from buffer

return '';

}

// Private Functions

// Functions needed for admin

function check() {

if (!isset($this->_check)) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS'");

$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);

}

return $this->_check;

}

function keys() {

return array('MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS');

}

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Exclude MailBeez from STS', 'MODULE_STS_MAILHIVE_STATUS', 'false', 'Do you want to exclude MailBeez from STS', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");

}

function remove() {

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");

}

}// end class

?>

Your code looks ok but unfortunately the code does not work and the documentation & support forum for STS is not much helpful. If you have another idea I an happy to test it for you if you like.

Cheers

Roland

Hi Cord,

We don't have STS installed in our webshop.

You offer us to make an box for Trustpilot.

Can you provide me a guide or page for installing a box for Trustpilot??

We want to show customers reviews on our site.

So with the pictures of the reviews and rating.

Perhaps it is possible that we can decide wich review is shown through the admin.

Regards,

Henri

Hi Cord,

We don't have STS installed in our webshop.

You offer us to make an box for Trustpilot.

Can you provide me a guide or page for installing a box for Trustpilot??

We want to show customers reviews on our site.

So with the pictures of the reviews and rating.

Perhaps it is possible that we can decide wich review is shown through the admin.

Regards,

Henri

Hi Henri,

yes, give me some time and I will build a box for showing the trustpilot trustbox.

It is a good idea to first start collecting buyer ratings with mailbeez before integrating the trustbox in your system.

regards

cord

Hi there

I have downloaded and installed this contrib today, can you please let me know if i can use it in a particular way

In Orders when i select a certain order status automaticly send out a email (in HTML) then in 7 days if the notification has not been changed to send out a follow up message.

Thank you

David

Hi there

I have downloaded and installed this contrib today, can you please let me know if i can use it in a particular way

In Orders when i select a certain order status automaticly send out a email (in HTML) then in 7 days if the notification has not been changed to send out a follow up message.

Thank you

hi david,

that is perfectly what MailBeez is designed for. I send you a personal message.

regards

cord

So are there any instructions on how to do this, or have i missed something very basic somewhere?

thank you

What you are looking for would require the development of a module.

you can have a look at the code of existing modules or follow the examples on the mailbeez website.

enjoy

cord

wow cord!

first off this is one of the best ever contribs as far as potential ROI with little to no effort on the part of the storeowner

real enterrise level stuff, really well done so far!

i thank you for all the time youve put in to date...

ive just installed it and am playing around with it now...

love the modular design,

somehting sorely lacking in oscommerce developmnt

installation appears to have been a dream!

but still working through it so experience has taught me not to get too carried away just yet :)

was thinking about the facebook "share review" module

its a great module for sure but does rely on a person first creating a review

was thinking it would a great idea to have a module that allowed people to post their order (or edit it to include only preferred products) to their facebook wall

eg Cord just bought X. Y and Z from Store Name

along with a pic of the maybe the first product?

thinking people would be more inclined to do this than a review, as its less effort

especially if it was one click from an email...

depending on the store and its products, people do love to share their most recent retail therapy session!

would also assist storeowners making social connections with their customers and in turn their customers social networks

im hoping to use mailbeez on a number of clients stores

so will certainly be looking to make some donations in the future once i get it working and sell the setup time to them!

Thanks again

K

wow cord!

first off this is one of the best ever contribs as far as potential ROI with little to no effort on the part of the storeowner

real enterrise level stuff, really well done so far!

i thank you for all the time youve put in to date...

ive just installed it and am playing around with it now...

love the modular design,

somehting sorely lacking in oscommerce developmnt

installation appears to have been a dream!

but still working through it so experience has taught me not to get too carried away just yet :)

Well thats definitly the kind of things I like to hear ;-)

Am almost sure you won't get dissapointed - it is not perfect yet, but works stable and just like a charm.

was thinking about the facebook "share review" module

its a great module for sure but does rely on a person first creating a review

was thinking it would a great idea to have a module that allowed people to post their order (or edit it to include only preferred products) to their facebook wall

eg Cord just bought X. Y and Z from Store Name

along with a pic of the maybe the first product?

thinking people would be more inclined to do this than a review, as its less effort

especially if it was one click from an email...

depending on the store and its products, people do love to share their most recent retail therapy session!

would also assist storeowners making social connections with their customers and in turn their customers social networks

so will certainly be looking to make some donations in the future once i get it working and sell the setup time to them!

I really like the idea of sharing orders / ordered items on facebook - often people are very exicted about the loved products they just ordered online so I can imagine it would really help stores in getting visibility on facebook.

What about this:

The Facebook-sharer takes an URL and crawls it for picture and text and puts the result in the "share on facebook" part. The facebook user can add some personal comment to that.

So I would say it would be necessary to provide a personalized URL to facebook with having the list of products the customer just ordered - should be possible. The mailbeez module would then send an email to the customer with the Facebook-sharer-link to his/her personalized "Facebook-View" of the order.

any ideas?

looking forward for that ;-) Feel free to give me a rating (just the first part of your topic...) on trustpilot

cord

yes that would be awesome...

perfect actually...

a publicly viewable URL that basically listed the products in their order...

eg Sallys Order

and just presented them in a row, 3 thumbs per row...

and yes that is the URL that would then be shared with Facebook...

i wish i could assist but cant code :(

happy to contribute to devleopment costs...

now im trying to think of other uses for mailbeez that youi havent already covered

when do you think the coupon code mailbeez will be ready?

Coupon: Send Coupon Campaign

Coupon: Send Coupon Expiry Reminder

Coupon: Send Reorder Coupon

thanks again Cord, amazingly good work :)

K

happy to contribute to devleopment costs...

sounds good - will send you a PM

now im trying to think of other uses for mailbeez that youi havent already covered

I did this for months now and just need time... I could think of so many cool modules which can automize customer lifecycle based email marketing, almost endless ;-)

when do you think the coupon code mailbeez will be ready?

Coupon: Send Coupon Campaign

Coupon: Send Coupon Expiry Reminder

Coupon: Send Reorder Coupon

Am working on getting them online on MailBeez - can't say more in this forum

cord

Hi MailBeez

I'm not using my shop in English, but many messages in templates or in hardcode is in English. Any plan to move static hardcoded English texts to language files? (Ie, opt-out messages, email footer unscribe text, etc)

Othervise we need to edit the files of every new version once again.

Thx

Hi MailBeez

I'm not using my shop in English, but many messages in templates or in hardcode is in English. Any plan to move static hardcoded English texts to language files? (Ie, opt-out messages, email footer unscribe text, etc)

Othervise we need to edit the files of every new version once again.

Thx

hi snowbird,

I see your point - but there are only "hardcoded" messages in the admin-frontend.

ALL email content is taken from template (*.tpl) - these templates will probably not change in the near future or I will state this in the upgrade manual. So you could set these files to read-only before you update MailBeez by copying & replace everything.

The Email-frame template is located in

mailhive\mailbeez\common\templates

the module specific templates are located in

mailhive\mailbeez\<module>\email

hope this helps - but I will consider to outsource the admin-messages into optional language-files, and maybe there should be something like a folder "mailhive_local" only for the local, customized template files?

cord

Hi Cord

Thank you for a great contribution.

Just thought it would be nice to have an option to email customers who ordered certain products (say product id 50, 89 and 1200). Customers would appreciate coupons on stuff they order regularly.

I was also wondering if there will be a way eventually to select 2 time periods at once (say all who ordered dec2009 and dec2010) that way someone who ordered both times will only get one email. The way it's set up now is if I send 2 emails with coupons to those groups, people who bought in 2009 and 2010 will get the email twice. Just ideas.

Again, thank you. I look forward to using this module and will certainly show my appreciation through PayPal :)

hi irina,

good to read you like mailbeez! :-)

Just thought it would be nice to have an option to email customers who ordered certain products (say product id 50, 89 and 1200). Customers would appreciate coupons on stuff they order regularly.

Am actually working on a product filter which will allow to target mailbeez emails based on products purchased.

I was also wondering if there will be a way eventually to select 2 time periods at once (say all who ordered dec2009 and dec2010) that way someone who ordered both times will only get one email. The way it's set up now is if I send 2 emails with coupons to those groups, people who bought in 2009 and 2010 will get the email twice. Just ideas.

that is possible to to with the "coupon campaign" module: Per configured coupon each customer will receive only one email, so you can run it for different timeframes and even might changes the coupon settings per run to make what you want.

Again, thank you. I look forward to using this module and will certainly show my appreciation through PayPal :)

I look forward to this as well ;-)

enjoy mailbeez

cord

Great module so far.

I'm curious on how I would go about disabling the HTML emails completely. I'm still a firm believer in txt only emails as they tend to have a better delivery rate.

Thanks!

mailbeez relys on the oscommerce email engine.

havent tried it but when you disable html emails in oscommerce config does it have effect on mailbeez?

if not please make a feature request on mailbeez com (if you you use a modern html browser instead your txt lynx ;) you see a red "feedback" button on the left side)

cord