• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

I've installed MailBeez v1.2. I have in "Production" mode MailHive-Basic Configuration and Winback Customer Reactivation. When I run the cronjob-URL, only the test email address is emailed a report ... no customers are emailed.

I must be doing something incorrectly. I believe I've configured correctly as I have read any documentation I can find.

Can someone offer a suggestion?

I've installed MailBeez v1.2. I have in "Production" mode MailHive-Basic Configuration and Winback Customer Reactivation. When I run the cronjob-URL, only the test email address is emailed a report ... no customers are emailed.

I must be doing something incorrectly. I believe I've configured correctly as I have read any documentation I can find.

Can someone offer a suggestion?

hi,

do you receive the emails on your CC-email adresse?

Is the Winback module set active ("green lamp" -> "Send winback trigger email": "True")?

are you sure you have customers which are a match for the timeframe configured in Winback?

what do you see when you click on "List recipients"?

(You should see a list of customers which match in the configured timeframe for the specific module)

cord

is this in catalog/includes/configure.php?

(there is a catalog/admin/includes/configure.php as well)

I did some research online, and have found that it is not the compatibility.php file, it has something to do with the SEO re-write I think... do you know how to exclude files from re-write in htaccess, or how I to remove the frame so it opens in its own window?

Thanks

I guess I should also add that I added an echo in the compatibility.php file and when I am in the admin it shows the proper directory, so I know that is not the problem.

Edited by dsolutions

I did some research online, and have found that it is not the compatibility.php file, it has something to do with the SEO re-write I think... do you know how to exclude files from re-write in htaccess, or how I to remove the frame so it opens in its own window?

Thanks

I guess I should also add that I added an echo in the compatibility.php file and when I am in the admin it shows the proper directory, so I know that is not the problem.

Update: Ok...kudos to Mailbeez as the software rocks! I have all of the software working, but for some reason it is the ceebox's that are not working. If I manually copy and paste the link into the browser window, it runs perfectly, so now I just have to figure out an alternative to the ceebox's...but they are so clean I really want to get them working :)

Question:

I was going to try out the Win Back module and this is what's coming up to me (OsCommerce):

My settings:

Set Days Passed: 60 Days

Set Days to skip afer: 70 Days

This would show customers who have not place an order in 60 and 70 days only

but when I see the list and pick a customer and go under the order history, I see an order placed in July or August.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks!

Ricardo

Question:

I was going to try out the Win Back module and this is what's coming up to me (OsCommerce):

My settings:

but when I see the list and pick a customer and go under the order history, I see an order placed in July or August.

Thanks!

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

just double-checked what I have been doing back in june - must have had too much beer (but since I do not drink that often it must have been too much work...). :'(

The winback query does not do what it should - it selects all customers with an order in the timeframe.

But of course it should select all customers with their LAST order in the timeframe.

I need to fix this.

thanks for finding this!

cord

Hi, been using. the Trustpilot module now for just over a week and am getting great feedback from it.....

I have been looking at using the product review module, but notice there is also a 'Share Product review on Facebook' module....

Can you explain what each module actually does, and is there an advantage to using either one or both modules together.

Thanks for a great product..

Kevin Wilson

Ginger6 Ltd

Hi, been using. the Trustpilot module now for just over a week and am getting great feedback from it.....

I have been looking at using the product review module, but notice there is also a 'Share Product review on Facebook' module....

Can you explain what each module actually does, and is there an advantage to using either one or both modules together.

Thanks for a great product..

Kevin Wilson

Ginger6 Ltd

hi Kevin,

good to hear about your positive experience with MailBeez. From my own experience I know how it will increase your revenue very quick - so feel free to give me a donation ;)

here an overview:

(short version: use all - won't hurt, only help to increase revenue)

Trustpilot

This module ask customers to write a review of the Shop/Service itself (not about the purchased product). Since it is hosted externally it has a great credibility and increases conversion rate vistors to customers.

Scenario: A Visitor is interested to buy a certain products which he or she already has decided for. The Trustpilot rating (assumption: you are doing your business right and get mostly positive ratings) will give the visitor a "good feeling" to buy at your store.

Shopowners are able to turn negative ratings on trustpilot into positive ones with the option to write a comment: The Shop is able to demonstrate they care about their customers and take negative ratings as an opportunity to improve their service

Product Review

This module ask customers to write a review of the purchased product on your shop's review system. It contains a list (picture and text) of purchased product with a direct link into the review-page of each product.

This is great to increase sell of your products: visitors are able to read about experiences of others customers. Since it is hosted in your shop, products ratings can be faked. The external hosted ratings on trustpilot will "back up" the credibility of products-ratings as well.

Share Product review on Facebook

This moduel ask customers who have writen a review to share their own review on Facebook e.g. on the next day after they have written the review. Again with picture, text and a button with links directly into the facebook-sharer

This allows you to connect (on a content level) your shop with Facebook: all friends of your customer who shared a review will see it and might click into it - and visit your shop.

Makes most sense together with the Product-Review Module.

enjoy mailbeez and keep me up-to-date

cord

hi,

looks like an STS issue, mailbeez currently does not bypass STS.

Please rise this as a feature request (feeback-button left or link on "features" page) on the mailbeez-website - will put it in one of the next releases.

Would be great if you could find out how to bypass STS on a page-level.

cord

done! highly appreciate your effort :thumbsup:

done! highly appreciate your effort :thumbsup:

Great! How did you do it?

I would like to integrate STS support in mailbeez so others won't run into the same issue again.

You can post it here or send me and personal msg / email.

Cord

MailBeez,

In regards to the above posting explaining the product review module, you explain that in the email you can click on the link to write a review and are taking via a direct link into the review-page of each product.

With our Test Server site when the link is click we are directed to the login in account page first, once logged in you are then directed to the index page. Seems the linking is lost at that point.

Did we miss something in the install that needs to be changed to bypass logging in first.

Thanks for the help. very appreciated.

MailBeez,

In regards to the above posting explaining the product review module, you explain that in the email you can click on the link to write a review and are taking via a direct link into the review-page of each product.

With our Test Server site when the link is click we are directed to the login in account page first, once logged in you are then directed to the index page. Seems the linking is lost at that point.

Did we miss something in the install that needs to be changed to bypass logging in first.

Thanks for the help. very appreciated.

hi,

the products_reviews_write.php page requires, that the customer has signed in, otherwise it redirects to the login-page.

what platform are you using? Guess xtCommerce since the other ones are redirecting to the page which requested the login by using "set_snapshot()":

if ( !isset($_SESSION['customer_id']) ) {
 $navigation->set_snapshot(); // remember which page to show after login.
 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
}

I have some plans for make an "automatic login" for the write-review-page which would allow the customer to start writing w/o the need to login first. What do you think?

cord

Question:

My settings:

Thanks!

Ricardo

hi ricardo,

please upgrade to v1.5 e.g. through the Update-Tool (download and install manually) - this should fix the module.

cord

I wonder if I am having the same problem. I have installed v1.3 MailBeez and WinBack. I can send a test email using both but I cannot send email to customers. The mailbeez_tracking table in my database is empty. Regarding WinBack, I can select and see the list of customers in the day range I have selected on the admin panel.

Any assistance is appreciated!

hi again,

in the zen-cart forum another user had the same issue and was able to fix it with mailbeeez v1.3

With mailbeez v1.3 I tried to fix the issue with the table prefix in zencart. Did you uninstall and reinstall mailbeez completely by using the buttons? You first need to uninstall all modules, then the basic configuration module and than install it again. By doing this the tracking table should be created by using you table prefix.

please double-check your code in includes/database_tables.php:

define('TABLE_MAILBEEZ_TRACKING', DB_PREFIX . 'mailbeez_tracking');

do you see any table named like "mailbeez_tracking" in your db after installation?

does mailbeez work e.g. when you click "run mailbeez-module"?

cord

I wonder if I am having the same problem. I have installed v1.3 MailBeez and WinBack. I can send a test email using both but I cannot send email to customers. The mailbeez_tracking table in my database is empty. Regarding WinBack, I can select and see the list of customers in the day range I have selected on the admin panel.

Any assistance is appreciated!

I remember you are having issues, but so far I just can't find a reason what it might be. Since you are able to send a test email and see the list of customers in the day range everything should work.

I assume you have activated the WinBack module? So when you are clicking on "Run MailBee Winback.." you are NOT getting the message "winback: MailBee is disabled - please enable to send emails"?

I assume you tried "production mode" as well? in Simulation mode nothing is tracked in mailbeez_tracking and customers are not receiving an email, but only the "send copy to" email?

Did you try to uninstall all modules and the MailBeez Config module and reinstall all?

What platform are you running on?

cord

hi,

the products_reviews_write.php page requires, that the customer has signed in, otherwise it redirects to the login-page.

what platform are you using? Guess xtCommerce since the other ones are redirecting to the page which requested the login by using "set_snapshot()":

if ( !isset($_SESSION['customer_id']) ) {
 $navigation->set_snapshot(); // remember which page to show after login.
 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
}

I have some plans for make an "automatic login" for the write-review-page which would allow the customer to start writing w/o the need to login first. What do you think?

cord

Cord,

Thanks for the response, I think that would be a great idea for the automatic login, the customer click on the email "write review" link and just starts writing the review and submits... keeping it simple is the key...

To answer you question about the platform its OSCommerce v2.2 RC2a...

Thanks again.

Hi Cord,

Your plugin looks really interested and I am looking to use it however i have been looking at what version I am running and have found out that it is CRE Loaded v6.2 PRO.

Can you please tell me if your plugin will work ok with this version of CRE Loaded?

Thanks very much,

g

Hi MailBeez,

I'm getting an error when sending emails.

Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: (email address would be here)

These errors are stopping me from sending more reviews, there is nothing wrong with the email address either. If I remove this persons email it stops on another address.

Wondering if you can shed any light on the error?

Regards,

Tim.

Cord,

Need your help. PLZ

Installed mailbeez on the live server but seem to be having a problem i just can't figure out.

When i click on the "List Reciepents", "View HTML email", Send Test-Mail, on the reviews module or really any of the modules i see this error in the top of the pop-up window.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:584) in /public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Thanks for your help.

Cord,

Need your help. PLZ

Installed mailbeez on the live server but seem to be having a problem i just can't figure out.

When i click on the "List Reciepents", "View HTML email", Send Test-Mail, on the reviews module or really any of the modules i see this error in the top of the pop-up window.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:584) in /public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Thanks for your help.

SOLVED - Finally fixed the problem

in includes/functions/html_output.php after the ?> which is line 582 there was a couple of returns to line 584, once the white spaces/returns were deleted everything worked fine.

Hi Cord,

Your plugin looks really interested and I am looking to use it however i have been looking at what version I am running and have found out that it is CRE Loaded v6.2 PRO.

Can you please tell me if your plugin will work ok with this version of CRE Loaded?

Thanks very much,

g

hi gary,

assuming that CRE Loaded V6.2 PRO is an upgrade of the CRE OpenSource Version it should be compatible.

MailBeez is designed to have very low compatibility requirements, so it should work onn any (?) version?

Installation is very easy - so is uninstallation in case you don't like it or can't make it work

let me know if it works for you - or not.

cord

I am having a similar issue. I ca list recipients, however, I get the same results as you do. Have you figured this out?

Hiii, I installed the module on my zen cart.

I am having a little trouble in getting it to work.

When I run the module, or click on "list recipients" ...nothing shows up.

I get this:

MailBeez - Mode: production

Processing....

code: nopurchase module: nopurchase

Result:0 items

I truly appreciate your help in advance as I want to get working with the great contribution asap.

Thanks

Hi

Thank you for a very useful contribution.

I have installed it for a client on a GoDaddy server and it has taken ages to get the syntax correct for the Cron job in their control panel. Now that it is running I have the birthday module working just fine.

However I have a question about the iteration value

$this->iteration = date('Y');

is used in the Birthday module - am I correct in thinking that

$this->iteration = date('D');

would allow a daily email to be sent?

I have tried this and it just places an iteration value of '0' into the database - the date('D') adds in 2010 to the database.

Thanks

Graeme

p.s. for Godaddy CRON you have to go to their control panel and input the job using their own 'click to select' menu - this will give you something like:

/web/cgi-bin/php5  "$HOME/html/mailhive.php?b6a707b8c90a012cf7cc0faaa765358a=run"

You have to change it to

/web/cgi-bin/php5  $HOME/html/mailhive.php b6a707b8c90a012cf7cc0f249765358a=run&module=module_name

i.e. remove the quotes and then replace the question mark with a space then add &module=module_name - otherwise the cron job will not run and you'll just get a 404 email from their control panel (if you are creating a cron job with just a straight url then it will work with the quotes - I have no idea why but I found the suggested fix on another forum)

Edited by sakwoya