• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

've installed the base installation and also installed Winback Customer Reactivation. I've enabled "production" mode.

I've tried using the cron job url and the Winback Customer Reactivation "Run MailBee" button. In each case, I am redirected to a page on my website that says "MailBeez - Mode: production" but no email is sent to my customers.

Can someone offer a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

've installed the base installation and also installed Winback Customer Reactivation. I've enabled "production" mode.

I've tried using the cron job url and the Winback Customer Reactivation "Run MailBee" button. In each case, I am redirected to a page on my website that says "MailBeez - Mode: production" but no email is sent to my customers.

Can someone offer a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

try this:

did you activate the Winback-module ("green light")?

what happens if you click on "list audience"?

what happens if you sent a test-email to yourself?

Are you sure you have a customer who did not buy something in the configured period of time?

What can you find in the mysql table "mailbeez_tracking"?

cord

Hi, and thanks for this great contribution.

My shop is not in English, and when sending emails the encoding is wrong and the email appears with strange characters.

Where can I set the encoding for sending emails?

Thanks!

I have installed your module into Zen Cart and I getting the following error when I run cron job url

Processing....

code: review module: review

1146 - Table 'xxxxxxxxxxx.zen_mailbeez_tracking' doesn't exist

I put x's through my actual database

I have verified that the line of code on the includes/database_tables.php is there

I would appreciate your help

I have installed your module into Zen Cart and I getting the following error when I run cron job url

Processing....

I have verified that the line of code on the includes/database_tables.php is there

Please try v1.3 - use the upgrade tool to download

Hi Mailbeez,

Any chance you might direct me to the correct place for changing the encoding when mail is sent?

Emails from my shop arrive with strange characters in the subject and body.

Thanks.

Am currently on a business trip with busy days... sorry for the late reply.

Have currently no quick solution.

Try to set / modify the doc-type metadata value in the html frame template located in mailbeez/common/... (can't remember the exact path) to your locals.

Cord

Please try to uninstall all modules incl. the basic configuration module by using the uninstall button.

Then hit the install button. This should create the missing table with your local prefix.

Does this help?

If not: do you have a table named like (something...)mailbeez_tracking in your mysql db?

Cord

I updated and your tool says everything is ok or up to date and still getting the same error message

Please try to uninstall all modules incl. the basic configuration module by using the uninstall button.

Then hit the install button. This should create the missing table with your local prefix.

Does this help?

If not: do you have a table named like (something...)mailbeez_tracking in your mysql db?

Cord

Still didn't work, I have read other threads that it isn't working with v1.3.9e, let me know if there is something to do to get it to work with the most current version of zen cart

In review.php should DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG be DIR_WS_CATALOG for zen-cart users?

Also I cannot get the HTML emails to work at all - will it only send in text in simulate mode?

Regards,

Tim.

In review.php should DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG be DIR_WS_CATALOG for zen-cart users?

Also I cannot get the HTML emails to work at all - will it only send in text in simulate mode?

Regards,

Tim.

Just a quick one:

Path: should be fixed with v1.3

Html: see the mailbeez forum on zencart

Thanks for the speedy response.

In my v1.3 review.php it says -

$image = $this->_rewriteImgSrc($image, HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

When I change this the images work.

It seems in simulate mode the emails are sent in text only. I have now made a purchase on my own store and on production mode the emails send in html :]

Regards,

Tim.

Just a quick one:

Path: should be fixed with v1.3

Html: see the mailbeez forum on zencart

Thanks for the speedy response.

In my v1.3 review.php it says -

$image = $this->_rewriteImgSrc($image, HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

When I change this the images work.

It seems in simulate mode the emails are sent in text only. I have now made a purchase on my own store and on production mode the emails send in html :]

Regards,

Tim.

Sorry, I meant mailbeez v 1.3 - it sets the const DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG in mailhive.php to an empty value. Should it better be set to DIR_WS_CATALOG?

I would like to keep DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG for compatibility with the other carts.

Try to sent the simulation email to the email you use for your account - does it send HTML as well?

Thanks for helping making mailbeez better

Cord

Hi,

I'm not sure about the code - I just play about until it works on mine!

I have just tried to my shop account email address and it works in html! must be my host stripping the code for the other address!?

Regards,

Tim.

Sorry, I meant mailbeez v 1.3 - it sets the const DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG in mailhive.php to an empty value. Should it better be set to DIR_WS_CATALOG?

I would like to keep DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG for compatibility with the other carts.

Try to sent the simulation email to the email you use for your account - does it send HTML as well?

Thanks for helping making mailbeez better

Cord

Hi,

I'm not sure about the code - I just play about until it works on mine!

I have just tried to my shop account email address and it works in html! must be my host stripping the code for the other address!?

Regards,

Tim.

Ok, have to check it.

Zencart's mail engine (mailbeez uses the platforms mail engine) does a lookup by using the email address to find out if to send in txt or HTML format.

Cord

So if it doesn't recognise the email address as a customers does it send it in text? Ie if you use the test email and its not in the database as HTML emails wanted?.

I'm glad I have it working in HTML now! I will start bombarding my customers with review emails soon!.

Thanks for the great plug-in and speedy response to queries!

Regards,

Tim.

Ok, have to check it.

Zencart's mail engine (mailbeez uses the platforms mail engine) does a lookup by using the email address to find out if to send in txt or HTML format.

Cord

So if it doesn't recognise the email address as a customers does it send it in text? Ie if you use the test email and its not in the database as HTML emails wanted?.

I'm glad I have it working in HTML now! I will start bombarding my customers with review emails soon!.

Thanks for the great plug-in and speedy response to queries!

Regards,

Tim.

Yes, I think so. Might be configurable in the zencart configuration.

At the shop I do some work for we had good success with asking customers for a review even if their purchase was a yea ago. Within a few days we had hundreds of reviews! Hope it will work for you as well.

Cord

Processing....

hi again,

in the zen-cart forum another user had the same issue and was able to fix it with mailbeeez v1.3

With mailbeez v1.3 I tried to fix the issue with the table prefix in zencart. Did you uninstall and reinstall mailbeez completely by using the buttons? You first need to uninstall all modules, then the basic configuration module and than install it again. By doing this the tracking table should be created by using you table prefix.

please double-check your code in includes/database_tables.php:

define('TABLE_MAILBEEZ_TRACKING', DB_PREFIX . 'mailbeez_tracking');

do you see any table named like "mailbeez_tracking" in your db after installation?

does mailbeez work e.g. when you click "run mailbeez-module"?

cord

Edited by MailBeez

It is really an excellent mod!!

I would like to ask if it is compatible with sts template?

everytime the pop-up window shows the first page of my site (same result if i manually open the Secure Cronjob-URL assigned) and then nothing.

GZip Compression disabled and no SEO or cache addon...

Can you help? thanks

Edited by shiukik

It is really an excellent mod!!

I would like to ask if it is compatible with sts template?

everytime the pop-up window shows the first page of my site (same result if i manually open the Secure Cronjob-URL assigned) and then nothing.

GZip Compression disabled and no SEO or cache addon...

Can you help? thanks

hi,

looks like an STS issue, mailbeez currently does not bypass STS.

Please rise this as a feature request (feeback-button left or link on "features" page) on the mailbeez-website - will put it in one of the next releases.

Would be great if you could find out how to bypass STS on a page-level.

cord

Edited by MailBeez

I installed the 1.3 version just fine, and the database looks good, but when I try to send a test email, or query anything, it pops up the cee thickbox, and has a 3 dashes that go back and forth and never stop. So I went to the compatibility.php file and this is what I get:

Warning: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOGmailhive/common/functions/email_engine.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ganodco/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php on line 28

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_FS_CATALOGmailhive/common/functions/email_engine.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ganodco/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php on line 28

I cant imagine what I am doing wrong. Please help me :)

software: oscommerce

Edited by dsolutions

I installed the 1.3 version just fine, and the database looks good, but when I try to send a test email, or query anything, it pops up the cee thickbox, and has a 3 dashes that go back and forth and never stop. So I went to the compatibility.php file and this is what I get:

Warning: require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOGmailhive/common/functions/email_engine.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ganodco/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php on line 28

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_FS_CATALOGmailhive/common/functions/email_engine.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ganodco/public_html/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php on line 28

I cant imagine what I am doing wrong. Please help me :)

software: oscommerce

hi,

which version of oscommerce are you using? looks like the constant DIR_FS_CATALOG is not defined - but should be there!? This constant should containt the FileServer path to your catalog-directory, in your case something like "/home/ganodco/public_html/"

cord

hi,

which version of oscommerce are you using? looks like the constant DIR_FS_CATALOG is not defined - but should be there!? This constant should containt the FileServer path to your catalog-directory, in your case something like "/home/ganodco/public_html/"

cord

Yes, this is what it has in the configure.php file:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/ganodco/public_html/');

Here is the version from the application_top.php file

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

Yes, this is what it has in the configure.php file:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/ganodco/public_html/');

is this in catalog/includes/configure.php?

(there is a catalog/admin/includes/configure.php as well)