• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Trigger Email Campaigns with MailBeez Modules

MailBeez

is there a way to place a monitoring of these emails?

Know who purchased ?

Hi Fharos,

this will be possible with the google analytics integration - but of course would require you have google analytics with ecommerce tracking on your side.

(runs already on my prototype site)

regards

cord

Do I enter the tracking code in the mail?

as a future feature mailbeez will automatically rewrite all URL that they get the GA tracking code.

But if you want you can try to do it manually either in the tpl-files or in the mailbeez-module files.

Hello Everyone, i get this error while testing:

Warning: require(/catalog/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /chroot/home/pitangac/pitanga.com.pt/html/catalog/mailhive.php on line 21

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/catalog/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /chroot/home/pitangac/pitanga.com.pt/html/catalog/mailhive.php on line 21

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi jusko,

I guess you are trying to set up a cronjob.

Try to call the http url with "lynx" like the example in documentation - basic installation

Cord

Hello Cord, and thanks for the quick reply!

probably I'm doing something wrong... I set up a free account on cronless.com, and put the link that i have in the config and add after =run&module=birthday, so i believe the cron job is created.

But , in oscommerce admin, when i press the "Run mailbeez birthday" which is set to simulate, it opens a pop-up window with the error i showed in my previous post...

I'm kindda lost here...

Thanks!!

hi jusko,

does

/catalog/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php

exist?

looks almost like you haven't copied the complete mailhive-directory?

What happens if you click on e.g. "view html"?

cord

hi jusko,

does

/catalog/mailhive/common/functions/compatibility.php

exist?

looks almost like you haven't copied the complete mailhive-directory?

What happens if you click on e.g. "view html"?

cord

Hello again!!!

Yep, it exists! And if I click the "view html" the same error shows in the pop-up... it looks like the path to the file is somewhat wrong, but I haven't touched in any config file for sometime now and all the shop works... this is strange!

Maybe is some sort of server problem... i don't have any clue...

If i try the contribution locally, does it work? I can try that...

Thank you so much Cord!

Hello again!!!

Yep, it exists! And if I click the "view html" the same error shows in the pop-up... it looks like the path to the file is somewhat wrong, but I haven't touched in any config file for sometime now and all the shop works... this is strange!

Maybe is some sort of server problem... i don't have any clue...

If i try the contribution locally, does it work? I can try that...

Thank you so much Cord!

sounds strange... maybe it is the "." in the root-path.

yes, you can test everything locally, I use wampserver + smtp4dev (just google) for testing

sounds strange... maybe it is the "." in the root-path.

yes, you can test everything locally, I use wampserver + smtp4dev (just google) for testing

I'm working on a Mac, so I have MAMP, but i'll give it a go on a local server, to see if at least i can see something in the pop-up area of the admin...

If by any chance you remember something that might be causing the error, just give me a line, ok?

Thanks so much for you time and patience.

Cheers!

Hi Mailbeez,

Everything works fine now.

Just another question. In my Database i've found a mailbeeztracking Table. I've created 3 more rows (customers_dob, customers_firstname and customers_lastname)

My question is : how can I input customers dob, lastname and firstname in it in order to have statistics ?

Thx

Hi fharos,

For building a report about sent emails I would recommend to work with a SQL join on customers_id rather than storing the customer information

Cord

Ok thanks.

In fact i just want to have the name and the lastname in mailbeez_tracking TABLE for person who received a birthday email.

I think i have to do a modification in mailbeez_mailer.php (line 90 // TABLE_MAILBEEZ_TRACKING) but i don't know where exactly.

If anyone have an idea !

Fharos

(Viva espagna !!!)

FYI: It appears that the cron job in question, which is executing the mailhive.php file, requires HTTP sessions. Such sessions will not be available within a cron job. Additioanlly, if the script is calling for server_status information, this information will also be unavailable. We recommend checking your script and ensuring that HTTP sessions and server_status calls are not required by the script.

Hows it going on that silent mailhive?

Edited by sublok

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this great contribution.

On the first post you mentioned a Payment Reminder module, but I can't to seem to find it. Is it available or is it still on development?

Regards,

floydax

Hi,

I did the first step of installation in an oscommerce environment.

After setting up all files and pressing the link in the toolbox the system tries to open this URL:

http://www.mydomain.de/admin/mailbeez.php?osCAdminID=6ed812fcd219b04a81c27e5febdb88bd

and I get that opened:

admin/FILENAME_FORBIDEN?osCAdminID=6ed812fcd219b04a81c27e5febdb88bd

with the error 404 file not found.

I had this in another contrib as well and still does not know, why this happens.

can you help ?

All files are there, the authority is o.k.

thanks

M@rio

Hello, thank you for such wonderful idea/addon

I had no problem installing it and added all the modules so far released. However if I click on "View Mail (Html or Text" a popup shows blank.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks!

Ricardo

FYI: It appears that the cron job in question, which is executing the mailhive.php file, requires HTTP sessions. Such sessions will not be available within a cron job. Additioanlly, if the script is calling for server_status information, this information will also be unavailable. We recommend checking your script and ensuring that HTTP sessions and server_status calls are not required by the script.

Hows it going on that silent mailhive?

Hi sublok,

How do you call the cronjob? Do you use an external service? You might need to try a different service, please post if you succed.

It defently works with "lynx ..." like you can see in the documentation.

Am currently on holidays, but hope to find some time soon for the silent mode.

Cord

o.k. there the file was not registered.

What I get in the admin menu is now:

Access Denied

I changed ALL files to full access. Still

Hi analogixx,

Your issues are not related to mailbeez but I guess you have some kind of admin access rights (must be a mod) you need to set.

Holiday greetings

Cord

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this great contribution.

On the first post you mentioned a Payment Reminder module, but I can't to seem to find it. Is it available or is it still on development?

Regards,

floydax

Hi floyd,

A payment reminder is under dev. My first post was just a list of ideas.

What would you expect from a payment reminder?

Holiday greetings

Cord

Hello, thank you for such wonderful idea/addon

I had no problem installing it and added all the modules so far released. However if I click on "View Mail (Html or Text" a popup shows blank.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks!

Ricardo

Hi ricardodacosta,

Ceebox does show blank when the content is gzip compressed (took me a couple hours to figure out...)

Check if your storefront where mailhive.php is located uses gzip - I tried to override the gzip compression setting in the code but you might have a different setting.

Holiday greetings

Cord