• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shared SSL

kphogan

Hello All,

I am new to OS Commerce. I am an MIS major at University of Delaware and my final project is due this upcoming Monday. I am working with the hosting company "Justhost.com" They provide shotty support on their web design and almost no support on OS Commerce. I am working with a local high school that is trying to put their extremely small school store on the web. They have a very small inventory that involved books, apparel and some other miscellaneous school supplies. I have created the OS Commerce cart, updated the look and entered the products. I have a shared SSL link to the site (https://cl147.justhost.com/~pencade2/order/). Whenever I click on another link it brings me back to the original non-secure site. How do I solve this problem?

Another question I had was if I needed to download any other software for credit processing. The main transaction will be credit purchase and pickup at the store as well as cash on delivery. The page is not found when I attempt to sign in or checkout. Can anyone help?!

Hello All,

I am new to OS Commerce. I am an MIS major at University of Delaware and my final project is due this upcoming Monday. I am working with the hosting company "Justhost.com" They provide shotty support on their web design and almost no support on OS Commerce. I am working with a local high school that is trying to put their extremely small school store on the web. They have a very small inventory that involved books, apparel and some other miscellaneous school supplies. I have created the OS Commerce cart, updated the look and entered the products. I have a shared SSL link to the site (https://cl147.justhost.com/~pencade2/order/). Whenever I click on another link it brings me back to the original non-secure site. How do I solve this problem?

Another question I had was if I needed to download any other software for credit processing. The main transaction will be credit purchase and pickup at the store as well as cash on delivery. The page is not found when I attempt to sign in or checkout. Can anyone help?!

osC isn't programmed to use SSL all the time.

Only when sensitive info is being exchanged between the customer and the server.

And it's not a good idea to make it SSL all the time (IMHO).

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

osC isn't programmed to use SSL all the time.

Only when sensitive info is being exchanged between the customer and the server.

And it's not a good idea to make it SSL all the time (IMHO).

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not need the shared SSL for the site itself only for the transactions. However when I attempt to checkout or sign in the page is not found. What's my next step?

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not need the shared SSL for the site itself only for the transactions. However when I attempt to checkout or sign in the page is not found. What's my next step?

In your /order/includes/ configure.php file, make this change.

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cl147.justhost.com/~pencade2/order');

Another question I had was if I needed to download any other software for credit processing. The main transaction will be credit purchase and pickup at the store as well as cash on delivery...
Your site must be PCI compliant to accept cc. Failure to do so will result in very expensive fines. Read more >>here.

Paypal is one of your choice. Send your customer there and let Paypal handle the cc transaction. You'll need to open a Paypal business account.

Most of your payment modules are "installed", just need to activate them.

In your /order/includes/ configure.php file, make this change.

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cl147.justhost.com/~pencade2/order');

also make the same change to /order/admin/includes/configure.php

Hate to say it but this did not solve the problem. Basically when I attempt to create an account I need that link to go to the shares SSL (https://cl147.justhost.com/~pencade2/order/create_account.php) When I changed the code in the configure file nothing seemed to be different. I also need the shared SSL for checking out.

Click the SSL Implementation link in my signature.

Read the 1st post in that thread closely.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived