• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to upgade from oscom Rc2 to Rc2a

famaca

Hi,

I have the oscommerce Rc2 version and I want to upgrade to oscommerce Rc2a to solve some problems this version have. I've been searching for it on the internet and I can't find anything, at the site of oscommerce the links don't work. Could someone help me? I think some more people have the same problem.

Thanks.

If you're already at 2.2 RC2, and running on PHP 5, there's no need to go to RC2a. IIRC, the only change from RC2 to RC2a was to define a function or two found only in PHP 5, so that it wouldn't fail on PHP 4 systems. It's better to go to PHP 5 anyway, if you have the opportunity, as PHP 4 is no longer supported.

Now if you're confused and you're really at 2.2 MS2, that's way, way, out of date. In that case, you do want to upgrade to 2.2 RC2a as soon as possible!

In either case, there are many bug fixes and enhancements for 2.2 RC2/RC2a which may or may not ever see the light of day in 2.2 RC3 or 2.2 Gold. These include changes needed to support PHP 5.3+ ("deprecated functions") as well as MySQL 5, and various known bugs and security exposures. I would get to 2.2 RC2/RC2a and manually apply the various fixes, rather than waiting for if and when RC3 or Gold comes out. There's no telling how much longer the wait is going to be... RC2a is over two years old, and RC3 was promised in February.

Thank for your answers. I have the oscommerce Rc2 version and I'm running php 5.2.9 and Mysql 5.0.90. And I'm having problems with google cache. If I put on google: site:mysite.com and I press search, all my .php pages show the following in the description:

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in ...

and I don't know how to solve it I thought that upgrading to Rc2a version would work, but I don't know what changes I have to do. I suppose there is a problem in sessions.php. If you could help me with this I'll be very grateful.

Thanks

As far as I know, RC2 and RC2a should run the same (and produce the same errors!) in PHP 5. I'm a bit confused by your description: are you saying that only in Google do you see this error message? Using your store as a real, live user, do you not get these messages? If it's only Google, what files are involved? I'm thinking that if it's only on checkout and such areas, that Google shouldn't be in there trying to catalog them anyway. Define a robots.txt file for your site to tell Google (and other well-behaved search engine bots) to keep out of certain areas. Search this forum for instructions on setting up a proper robots.txt. While you're at it, search on "array_key_exists" ... there are many posts involving that, some of which may be reporting errors specifically with that function, and perhaps how to fix it.

Otherwise, you'll need to give more information about the full error message, what circumstances cause it to occur, and which files are involved.

• 8 months later...

New to the forum so be easy.

I am currently running version 2.2 RC2 on PHP 4.x. If I upgrade my PHP I am going to get error messages? Do I need to upgrade my OSC version also? Any help would be great.

These 2 will bring it up to PHP 5.3

http://www.oscommerce.info/confluence/display/OSCDOC22/(AC)+(COMPAT)+Fix+Timezone+Warning+Messages+for+PHP+v5.3

http://www.oscommerce.info/confluence/display/OSCDOC22/(AC)+(COMPAT)+Use+Perl-Compatible+Regular+Expressions+for+PHP+v5.3

These 2 will bring it up to PHP 5.3

http://www.oscommerce.info/confluence/display/OSCDOC22/(AC)+(COMPAT)+Fix+Timezone+Warning+Messages+for+PHP+v5.3

http://www.oscommerce.info/confluence/display/OSCDOC22/(AC)+(COMPAT)+Use+Perl-Compatible+Regular+Expressions+for+PHP+v5.3

Thanks for the links.

Can you tell what the below is referring to?

@@ -63,7 +63,7 @@

This is the top line above some of the code. Is this referring to line numbers in the file or does that need to be added also? Is there any code I need to remove or just add?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the links.

Can you tell what the below is referring to?

@@ -63,7 +63,7 @@

This is the top line above some of the code. Is this referring to line numbers in the file or does that need to be added also? Is there any code I need to remove or just add?

Thanks for the help.

@@ -63,7 +63,7 @@ [i]<-----LINE NUMBERS(CAN BE IGNORED)[/i]
            $schema .= ',' . "\n";
          }

-          $schema = ereg_replace(",\n$", '', $schema);[i]<------REMOVE THIS LINE[/i]
+          $schema = preg_replace("/,\n$/", '', $schema);[i]<------ADD THIS LINE(without the +)[/i]

Archived