• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Hi.

I have the last version install, and it works really good, until I decid me to have a special product_info file (STS product_info.php.html)

If I turn lightbox effect off everything works good, but when I turn it on, i cant see my additional images, just my main image I upload.

What can be wrong? Please help! :)

you need to download and install the STS companion (same contribution page)

you need to download and install the STS companion (same contribution page)

What does the STS thing do?

if you don't have STS installed, please ignore that. search for sts if you don't know what it is.

Just noticed a slight problem and hoping to get this fixed.

in product_reviews_write.php when viewing a product the popup image is pointing to the small image of the 3 image set and not the large one like it does in product_info.php

I can't seem to find the right place to fix this.

Ive installed STS but no special addon or thing for this addon? thats what i meant?

OH, so you meant, what is the STS companion for additional images. It is to fully integrate the two contributions.

if you use the content template for the products page, you should install the STS companion that multimixer uploaded.

in product_reviews_write.php when viewing a product the popup image is pointing to the small image of the 3 image set and not the large one like it does in product_info.php

it's going to be the exact same changes that were as to the products_reviews.php. If you compare the products_reviews.php package file with the stock RC2a file, the changes should be fairly obvious. couple of additions to the fields list in the query, and replace the popup code.

it's going to be the exact same changes that were as to the products_reviews.php. If you compare the products_reviews.php package file with the stock RC2a file, the changes should be fairly obvious. couple of additions to the fields list in the query, and replace the popup code.

That only seems to have made things worse. Now it is only doing the original popupwindow and not the lightbox anymore

I have the following code above if (!tep_db_num_rows($product_info_query)) {

// BOF: Additional Images: Added: , p.products_image_med, p.products_image_pop, p.products_image_description
 $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_pop, p.products_image_description, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 // EOF: Additional Images

I have the following above the </head> and I also have a setup without it but both are behaving the same

<?php if (ENABLE_LIGHTBOX == 'true') { ?>
<!-- BOF: Lightbox Contribution -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
<script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox/builder.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox/lightbox.js"></script>
<!-- EOF: Lightbox Contribution -->
<?php } ?>
<?php // EOF: Additional Images ?>

And I have this code just below the line <?php if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) { ?>

<?php // BOF: Additional Images: ?>
<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_ADD_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), addslashes($product_info['products_name']), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:$product_info['products_image'])) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), $product_info['products_name'], (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
<?php /* OLD CODE
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
*/
// EOF: Additional Images: ?>

Hi everyone,

I finally upgraded to the latest version of additional image successfully but I've noticed something very weird.

Some of the additional images disappear. I noticed that the last letter is missing from the image name,

for example image name is "coat.jpg" but when I check the image properties it says "coa.jpg".

I really don't know what's going on. Does anyone have a clue about what could possibly be causing this?

Problem solved now. Re-uploading the images didn't work, but what does work is renaming them before uploading... :blink:

Same here my popup and all tings arent working at product reviews.

That only seems to have made things worse. Now it is only doing the original popupwindow and not the lightbox anymore

// BOF: Additional Images: Added: , p.products_image_med, p.products_image_pop, p.products_image_description
 $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_pop, p.products_image_description, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

I have the following above the </head> and I also have a setup without it but both are behaving the same

<script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
<?php } ?>

And I have this code just below the line <?php if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) { ?>

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_ADD_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), addslashes($product_info['products_name']), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:$product_info['products_image'])) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), $product_info['products_name'], (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
<?php /* OLD CODE
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
*/

No more support for this?

simply because you don't get a reply doesn't mean support has ceased. Support doesn't necessarily constitute writing new functionality for each person that asks. This forum is all volunteer. I will add this to the suggestions for when I have further time to work on the project. In the meantime, feel free to investigate the solution yourself, and post your suggestion.

you're really not suppose to bump your post. forum rules suggest offering additional information if you wish to revisit a post.

Todd - I understand help is voluntary but I would like to get this resolved as would others.

You said above that the changes should be the same as the product_reviews.php, I have posted the code that I have in all 3 of the areas that this add-on isn't working and am hoping something can be pointed out as to why it isn't working. I have compared the files yet still the lightbox part isn't working.

<?php } ?>

//--></script>
<noscript>
</noscript>
<?php /* OLD CODE
//--></script>
<noscript>
</noscript>
*/

Hi everyone

hi need some help

I have installed sts , add images and add images module for sts.

in some category i use sts templates.

in categorys without sts template everything work fine, i have the bockimage and in popup image i have all images.

in the catery with sts template i have the normal image, in the pop image i have all images but in blockimages i see the tags for the sts template.

this is wath i see

$imageblock1$

$imageblock2$

$imageblock3$

$imageblock4$

what is wrong, for test i use product_info and the template supplied with the adon.

i don't have the menu with the smal images

thanks in advance

jn

[...]

I have installed sts , add images and add images module for sts.

in some category i use sts templates.

in categorys without sts template everything work fine, i have the bockimage and in popup image i have all images.

in the catery with sts template i have the normal image, in the pop image i have all images but in blockimages i see the tags for the sts template.

this is wath i see

$imageblock1$

$imageblock2$

$imageblock3$

$imageblock4$

what is wrong, for test i use product_info and the template supplied with the adon.

i don't have the menu with the smal images

[...]

Seeing the $tags$ is a sign that the page doesn't "understand" what they mean, so they get just printed on the site.

This can have 3 reasons

1) They are not defined in file includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php. You need to go back and check again if al tags are defined properly in your file

2) You use them on a page they are not meant for, for example on a category template as you say (ie index.php_2_8.html). You can use this tags only in a CONTENT template (not top level one) product_info.php.html. Please check if you use the tags in a template called product_info.php.html and if this template is in folder /content/ of your template folder

3) You don't have the product_info template enabled in your admin

Seeing the $tags$ is a sign that the page doesn't "understand" what they mean, so they get just printed on the site.

This can have 3 reasons

1) They are not defined in file includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php. You need to go back and check again if al tags are defined properly in your file

2) You use them on a page they are not meant for, for example on a category template as you say (ie index.php_2_8.html). You can use this tags only in a CONTENT template (not top level one) product_info.php.html. Please check if you use the tags in a template called product_info.php.html and if this template is in folder /content/ of your template folder

3) You don't have the product_info template enabled in your admin

hi

thanks for your replay and your time

1º for test i have used the files provided with Additional Images Module for STS content pages - Version 1

this file define this tags

2º i have some category's with sts templates and other without, and to see the result the layout off page is not the same.

3º i have the template enable because if i not have the template enable i can't see the tags $imageblock1$ $imageblock2$ etc. the others tags are ok.

I have make test's in 2 servers, one is for test's and another is my on-line server with distinct versions php, sql and SO the result is the same.

the sts version is 4.5.2 and the addi images i make the upgrade for last version.

after many experiments this is my conclusion.

the system ignore this code

if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { // image blocks. the lightbox on/off and if/else statement is in displayimages.php

// displays the block of additional images in small size (with or without parent image, depending on admin settings in "Product Info: Group parent with sub-images" Admin need to be set to display on product info. On click = lightbox if enabled. If disabled use thumbs for mouseover

$template_pinfo['imageblock1'] = $imagemenu->groupoutput();

//displays just the popup image on product info site reacting on thumbs of imageblock1 if lightbox disabled. Use it if you want to handle the mouseover output independed of the thumb menu. If lightbox enabled it turns into a static image

$template_pinfo['imageblock1a'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_pop'])?$selected_image['products_image_pop']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image_med'])?$selected_image['products_image_med']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image'])?$selected_image['products_image']:''))), $selected_image['products_image_description'], (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'id="mainimage"') . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_description'])?$selected_image['products_image_description']:'');

// displays displays the block of additional images in small size (with or without parent image, depending on admin settings in "Product Info: Group parent with sub-images" Admin need to be set to display on product info. If lightbox enabled, pop image turns into a static image. If disabledpopsize image on mouseover

$template_pinfo['imageblock2'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_pop'])?$selected_image['products_image_pop']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image_med'])?$selected_image['products_image_med']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image'])?$selected_image['products_image']:''))), $selected_image['products_image_description'], (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'id="mainimage"') . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_description'])?$selected_image['products_image_description']:'') . $imagemenu->groupoutput();

// displays the block of additional images in medium size (with or without parent image, depending on admin settings in "Thumb Menu: Show parent image" Admin need to be set to display on popup. On click all group in lightbox effect if enabled or regular AI pop up if disabled

$template_pinfo['imageblock3'] = $additional_images->groupoutput();

// displays under development

$template_pinfo['imageblock4'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_med'])?$selected_image['products_image_med']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image'])?$selected_image['products_image']:'')), $selected_image['products_image_description'], (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'id="mainimage"') . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_description'])?$selected_image['products_image_description']:'') . $imagemenu->groupoutput();

}

but if i try for example insert this code out the if statement

$template_pinfo['imageblock1'] = $imagemenu->groupoutput();

the system give me this

Fatal error: Call to a member function groupoutput() on a non-object in C:\web\www\catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\product_info.php on line 166

but if insert this code out the if statement

$template_pinfo['imageblock1'] = $additional_images->groupoutput();

i have the block menu ok like the category's without the sts template.

i have not the option to have small images but this work.

At the moment i have not make the full integration with LIGHTBOX in my custom pages, but i think there are one problem in the project or are missing something in the file.

thanks

jn

Hi

Being honest, I didn't understood some of your answers, so I need to ask again. Please also try to be as specific as possible and to use correct terms to avoid misunderstandings. Last thing, please post all code into code tags, it's the symbol that look like this <> in your reply menu

this text is in code tags

To the topic

1) You say you use sts v452, you should use at least v458 (23/1/08 by bkellum). I have no idea how v452 look like

2) You say

2º i have some category's with sts templates and other without, and to see the result the layout off page is not the same
The tags are meant for content product info templates and not for categories templates. I don't understand how this is related or what you test exactly

3) You say

3º i have the template enable because if i not have the template enable i can't see the tags $imageblock1$ $imageblock2$ etc. the others tags are ok.
Do you mean that all other tags (related to images) like $additionalpopsmall$ or $additionalpopmed$ work ok, and that just the $imageblock1$ etc tags don't work? Saying that the system "ignore" the code related to the imageblock tags makes me to think that you didn't do also the changes in file includes/classes/displayimages.php ? Well I don't think this is really related, but maybe

4) Regarding the tests you do canceling the if statement and the code, I can not follow right now. You also say you didn't made the full integration. I would say, complete the installation and use (as a test) all files in the package, including the sample product_info.php_40.html (just change the #40 to a real product ID you have) and then report exactly what tags work and what not (working=you see the images as they are supposed to display, not working=you see the tags)

5) you say

[...] but i think there are one problem in the project or are missing something in the file.

I had the impression that everything is working fine, as it do for me. It would be great anyway, if you could identify what the problem is and to add whatever is missing

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a very cool contribution. I've installed the latest version and it works just fine! Thank everyone who made the efforts!!

I do have a question: I set the "Product Image Behavior" to product_info.php. The placement I want is similar to Amazon - one big image on top and several thumbnails below the big image. The AI use the value of "Small Image Width" and "Small Image Height" set in Configuration -> Images. The small image size is 180x180 which is perfect for me for the index.php page presentation. However it's way too big to be displayed as thumbnail on product_info.php.

Is there any way to make the thumbnail size smaller (50x50 for product_info.php) but still keep 180x180 on index.php?

Thank you!!

Hi, i try to install this contribution.

The readme file specify The files that need to be changed are in the /2_files_to_compare/ directory : /catalog/admin/backup.php

But the file /catalog/admin/backup.php is not in the package of the v2.2.0 only in the v2.0.0.

It not necessary to modifie this file in the new version ?

Thank.

Hi, i try to install this contribution.

The readme file specify The files that need to be changed are in the /2_files_to_compare/ directory : /catalog/admin/backup.php

But the file /catalog/admin/backup.php is not in the package of the v2.2.0 only in the v2.0.0.

It not necessary to modifie this file in the new version ?

Thank.

It's not in the latest package, because it is not needed with the changes made to osC release RC2a