• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

I have a freash install of 2.2 rc2a with a fresh install of STS 4.5.9 and then a fresh install of Product Listing Columns 2.2.8. I tested everything and everything worked GREAT! I then went to install additional images 2.2.0 and the sts content for that. I LOST my 3 columns after the install. Additional images installed and works, sts is fine but when i click a category the three test products I have set up are just stacked one on top of another. I poked around everywhere and I can't get my beloved 3 columns back! I don't even know what code to post in order to get help but ANY help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!

sounds to me like you were not quite as careful merging the code as necessary. There isn't anything specific I can offer for help other then to restore the 3 column code and look at the merge a little more carefully.

When trying to load up the additional_images_configure.php file, it keeps asking me to log into admin (even though I'm already logged in) - any idea why this is happening?

after you log in again it doesn't load the configurator?

have you tried the link from the utility? Admin > catalog > Additional Images > right column ?

after you log in again it doesn't load the configurator?

have you tried the link from the utility? Admin > catalog > Additional Images > right column ?

Yeah, after I log in it still doesn't load...and it isn't in my admin...hmm, I'll try installing it again.

Yeah, after I log in it still doesn't load...and it isn't in my admin...hmm, I'll try installing it again.

There was a problem with my host and my FTP...they fixed it and now it has installed.

However, I'm now getting this error when I try to visit the store:

Warning: require(includes/boxes/whats_new.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/homegym/public_html/store/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php on line 33

Warning: require(includes/boxes/whats_new.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/homegym/public_html/store/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php on line 33

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/whats_new.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/homegym/public_html/store/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php on line 33

Is it conflicting with STS?

There was a problem with my host and my FTP...they fixed it and now it has installed.

However, I'm now getting this error when I try to visit the store:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/whats_new.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/homegym/public_html/store/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php on line 33

Is it conflicting with STS?

In short, I doubt it. that error means a file is missing. should be pretty easy for you to figure our which file. if there was a problem with your fTP, a good thing to do now would be to make sure everything has been uploaded correctly.

There is a separate companion download for integration with STS, by multimixer. Br sure to apply that.

In short, I doubt it. that error means a file is missing. should be pretty easy for you to figure our which file. if there was a problem with your fTP, a good thing to do now would be to make sure everything has been uploaded correctly.

There is a separate companion download for integration with STS, by multimixer. Br sure to apply that.

Thanks, it seems the FTP produced this error...it seems to be fine now, but items I have uploaded on the home page have huge images. I take it this needs to be configured in the Additional Images admin, so I'll have to read up on that.

Do I still need need to download the companion by multimixer?

Thank you for all your help!

Thanks, it seems the FTP produced this error...it seems to be fine now, but items I have uploaded on the home page have huge images. I take it this needs to be configured in the Additional Images admin, so I'll have to read up on that.

Thank you for all your help!

existing images need to be processed using the utility Admin > Catalog >Additional Images.

from my understanding of STS, AI images won't show unless some of its code is moved to STS (the companion). Are you seeing images without it now? Fully working AI multiple image sets?

existing images need to be processed using the utility Admin > Catalog >Additional Images.

from my understanding of STS, AI images won't show unless some of its code is moved to STS (the companion). Are you seeing images without it now? Fully working AI multiple image sets?

Hmm...Additional Images isn't under "Catalog", it's under "Configuration" - does that mean something is wrong?

Images are showing at the moment, but if I go to add a new product it's still only showing one image upload field...I'm wondering if there's still some parts of oscThumb and Fancy Pop-Ups lingering somewhere...

Hmm...Additional Images isn't under "Catalog", it's under "Configuration" - does that mean something is wrong?

Images are showing at the moment, but if I go to add a new product it's still only showing one image upload field...I'm wondering if there's still some parts of oscThumb and Fancy Pop-Ups lingering somewhere...

Please read the documentation and take some time to discover any new settings you have now in your admin panel

Admin->configuration->images: Here you make the size settings

Admin->configuration->additional images: Here you make all settings related to the AI display and the thumbnail creation

Admin_catalog->additional images: Here you process your existing images to get the 3 sizes each

Admin->catalog->categories/products: Product set up page: Here you upload the main product image

Admin->catalog->categories/products: Page where you see the products listed: here you upload all additional images

You need it if you use a content template for your product_info.php. This gives you the flexibility to use $tags$ to place your images. If you use just the default template, the content comes from the regular product_info.php, so you don't need to use this "companion"

Edited by multimixer

if you don't have a link under Admin > Catalog > Additional Images, then you haven't merged some of the admin correctly. If you are looking on the product edit page to add additional images, you did understand the getting started section of the docs. If you have merged the admin files correctly, you will find the place to add additional images on the right side column of the product lists in the admin. highlight the product name in the list and look right.

Please read the documentation and take some time to discover any new settings you have now in your admin panel

Admin->configuration->images: Here you make the size settings

Admin->configuration->additional images: Here you make all settings related to the AI display and the thumbnail creation

Admin_catalog->additional images: Here you process your existing images to get the 3 sizes each

Admin->catalog->categories/products: Product set up page: Here you upload the main product image

Admin->catalog->categories/products: Page where you see the products listed: here you upload all additional images

You need it if you use a content template for your product_info.php. This gives you the flexibility to use $tags$ to place your images. If you use just the default template, the content comes from the regular product_info.php, so you don't need to use this "companion"

Thank you. I'm not completely sure if I do use a content template for my product_info.php - how can I check? My template is from www.freeoscommerce.com if that's any help.

if you don't have a link under Admin > Catalog > Additional Images, then you haven't merged some of the admin correctly. If you are looking on the product edit page to add additional images, you did understand the getting started section of the docs. If you have merged the admin files correctly, you will find the place to add additional images on the right side column of the product lists in the admin. highlight the product name in the list and look right.

Oh right...I can't have merged them correctly then as it seems nothing AI related is showing under the "catalog" section. Should I simply go over the file edits again?

Thank you. I'm not completely sure if I do use a content template for my product_info.php - how can I check? My template is from www.freeoscommerce.com if that's any help.

the only way to know is to compare the template files to the STS originals, or determine if the multi image blocks are showing on the product_info page.

Oh right...I can't have merged them correctly then as it seems nothing AI related is showing under the "catalog" section. Should I simply go over the file edits again?

that's what I would do, double check your work and double check whether the files uploaded correctly.

the only way to know is to compare the template files to the STS originals, or determine if the multi image blocks are showing on the product_info page.

Okay, got it working now - by that do you mean whether or not multiple images are now showing on the product info page?

Okay, got it working now - by that do you mean whether or not multiple images are now showing on the product info page?

Great that you did it.

Now, check, do you have multiple images for one product on a product infp page? (you need to add them first via admin) Do they "react" to the display settings in admin?

To check if you have the sts product info template enabled or not, just go to admin->modules->sts and see if it is enabled or not

Great that you did it.

Now, check, do you have multiple images for one product on a product infp page? (you need to add them first via admin) Do they "react" to the display settings in admin?

To check if you have the sts product info template enabled or not, just go to admin->modules->sts and see if it is enabled or not

Thanks. Yes, it appears I do - http://homegym365.com/store/test-p-32.html

Also, I checked the STS module and it's the "Default" that is enabled.

Thanks. Yes, it appears I do - http://homegym365.com/store/test-p-32.html

Also, I checked the STS module and it's the "Default" that is enabled.

So, everything is fine. You don't need to install anything else right now. If, in the future, you decide to create content templates for your product info pages, then you'll have to add the STS addition for additional images

So, everything is fine. You don't need to install anything else right now. If, in the future, you decide to create content templates for your product info pages, then you'll have to add the STS addition for additional images

Okay, brilliant. Thank you for all your help. You too, surfalot!

This is an interesting looking add-on. I would really like to see a few more examples of it in operation. Any chance some of the users in this thread would be willing to post their web URL or PM me with it so I could see how this thing works on some real sites?

Thanks

This is an interesting looking add-on. I would really like to see a few more examples of it in operation. Any chance some of the users in this thread would be willing to post their web URL or PM me with it so I could see how this thing works on some real sites?

Thanks

I've got an example of it on my test site: http://homegym365.com/store/test-p-32.html

Does anyone know how I can change the size of the small images that you get on the "What's New?", "New Products For January" etc.

Also, the additional images on the product page (e.g. - http://homegym365.com/store/test-p-32.html - the image under the main image) how do I make those images smaller? Had a look at the instructions and messed around with settings but can't seem to find it.

Thank you!

I've got an example of it on my test site: http://homegym365.co.../test-p-32.html

Does anyone know how I can change the size of the small images that you get on the "What's New?", "New Products For January" etc.

Also, the additional images on the product page (e.g. - http://homegym365.co.../test-p-32.html - the image under the main image) how do I make those images smaller? Had a look at the instructions and messed around with settings but can't seem to find it.

Thank you!

the image sizes are controlled in the admin > configuration > Images. Once you have adjusted the sizes, you have to run the utility (Admin > Catalog > Additional Images) to reprocess the images to those set sizes.

You should also make sure you have performed the changes at the end of the install instructions (Item "D" of the instructions). After that you want to set the two image restrictions settings to false in the AI config settings so all the images show in true perspective.

Do review the Getting Started section of the docs.

the image sizes are controlled in the admin > configuration > Images. Once you have adjusted the sizes, you have to run the utility (Admin > Catalog > Additional Images) to reprocess the images to those set sizes.

You should also make sure you have performed the changes at the end of the install instructions (Item "D" of the instructions). After that you want to set the two image restrictions settings to false in the AI config settings so all the images show in true perspective.

Do review the Getting Started section of the docs.

Yes, I did do part D of the installation. Okay, thanks once again!