• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Is there gonna be a package released of this mod as 1 package. The additional patches are ok, but the code is spread out. If you could make a new release, all working code in one download, that would be great. If there is already a package like this available, Im sorry, I must have missed it . Thank You

could someone please post instructions "start to finish" on installing this contrib please.  the best thing would be to post a "final version" instead of patches :idea:

Hi, :?

The instruction is inside the package contribution.

You need to download the full package and the last patch. [1] Extract the full package to destination folder. [2] Ectract the patch to same directory; replace the same file!

Enjoy :)

Parikesit

Additional Images Module | UPDATE

I have added a new FULL package to the contribution.

Please download the latest one here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1032

New File:

I add example of popup image handling for both old CVS and MS1.

Regards

zaenal

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: imagesbox in /home/elkivory/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/additional_images.php on line 49[code]

Admin seems to work fine, I ad an image and refresh product page and this error occurs. Ive went over this package 3 times. Not sure whats going on, need some help if anyone has the time.

Admin seems to work fine, I ad an image and refresh product page and this error occurs. Ive went over this package 3 times. Not sure whats going on, need some help if anyone has the time.

Please download the new version!

Extract the file. Than go to folder catalog>includes>classes> of this extracted package contribution. Here you will find a file boxes_changes.

Add this content to your current boxes.php.

Happy nice try!

zaenal

Im using Snapshop 2.2 from June 2002

Just following the instructions but i cant find the following javascript in the product_info.php

<script language="javascript"><!--

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow('' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script>

<noscript>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

</noscript>

Is there anyway to get around this?

Hi there

Im the popup_add_image.php there is this:

$navigation->remove_current_page();

What is it for?

because with it it gives me an error, I comment it

// $navigation->remove_current_page();

and the error goes away...

Thanks

Salvo

Hi there

Im the popup_add_image.php there is this:

$navigation->remove_current_page();

Salvo

By default this provided on MS1 version. I also did not know what the function for :)

zaenal

Thanks Perikesit,

nice contribution, I have install it nicely (after a few adjustments)

and now works very very well.

Now, from the additional images, I would like to accomplish something nice. A pop up window gallery.

ie. small images (as many as uploaded) and one larger image.

ie. the first.

clicking on one of the small image, the larger will display on the larger place ie on the left.

clicking on another smal image, the larger of that will display instead and so on.

I hope I made myself understood, if not, I will post a link of a site that has somthing similar....

this is very nice if someone what upload 4,6 8 images of one product and that wuold take a lot of space in the main product_info.php file.

I hope someone will help me on this

Salvo

I saw it on Amazon site. Here for example:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...der#reader-link

Or like image gallery contribution:

http://www.animeglore.com/product_gallery....ts_id=56&page=1

Image Gellery contribution is good enaugh and I plan to make like it. But I still find the way how to make it not reload the page each time we click to the image.

You can understand what I mean when you clicking "Next Page" or "Previous Page" on Amazon example. It's not reload the page, but just (re)load the image.

zaenal

could someone briefly tell me about the installation: for exmaple,, the files from this mod only have the new files, i don't know where to add them.. some metioned, some didnt mention. it's very confused.. i'm a newbie to PHP. sorry for the trouble

thx if anyone could help

could someone briefly tell me about the installation: for exmaple,, the files from this mod only have the new files, i don't know where to add them.. some metioned, some didnt mention. it's very confused.. i'm a newbie to PHP. sorry for the trouble

thx if anyone could help

just start to read at post 1 till the end

copy and past ALL changes in a textfile or whatever programm you prefer.

Thats the way many ppl did it (like me) and it works like a charm now

I dont want to be rude but you have to do something to accomplish something GREATER !!!

Good luck

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Ok, finishing editing.. this is the error I'm getting:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_id' in 'field list'

SELECT additional_images_id, products_id, images_description, medium_images, popup_images FROM additional_images WHERE products_id = '20'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks if anyone could help!

I saw it on Amazon site. Here for example:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...der#reader-link

Or like image gallery contribution:

http://www.animeglore.com/product_gallery....ts_id=56&page=1

Image Gellery contribution is good enaugh and I plan to make like it. But I still find the way how to make it not reload the page each time we click to the image.

You can understand what I mean when you clicking "Next Page" or "Previous Page" on Amazon example. It's not reload the page, but just (re)load the image.

zaenal

The end resoult would be like this gallery.. very nice

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/galleries/index/

Ok, finishing editing.. this is the error I'm getting:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_id' in 'field list'

SELECT additional_images_id, products_id, images_description, medium_images, popup_images FROM additional_images WHERE products_id = '20'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks if anyone could help!

Please check this in catalog/includes/application_top.php:

//filename

define('FILENAME_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES', 'additional_images.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_ADD_IMAGE', 'popup_add_image.php');

//table    

define('TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES', 'additional_images');

Do you have write the modification rightly?

zaenal

The end resoult would be like this gallery..  very nice

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/galleries/index/

I have been thinking to make this with Flash MX. It should be cool...

Need time to read the book 8)

I found this tutorial on Macromedia website:

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/flash/...lashmx_php.html

Anybody should be interesting.

hi.. i?m new in this thread.. i really don?t need this contribution for my products, instead i need it to use it with the newsdesk contribution..

as far as i read here i have 2 things to say..

stay away from flash.. why? although many people have high bandwith conecctions, MANY people don?t.. so i think that the best thing is to stay away from it..

and if you wanna reload images and not pages, try to use layers.. (tip)

i will try to do the gallery thing next weekend.. i will keep the community updated..

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina