• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

what did you use to edit and upload the changes? whatever it is, is changing the code

you should go over all additions to that file from additional images and update all the code again. There are more problems I see in that block you posted. Use a good compare program like WinDiff, or insert by hand with Notepad. Then upload using an FTP software like FileZilla.

You should go over the entire file and compare with a backup also to make sure you haven't messed up any non-Additional Images code.

Thanks for this great contribution. I love all of the features this lets you have. I did have one question about this though. I am looking for it to do something like this: Here. I want a large main image with smaller images underneath them. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help.

Nate

Thanks for this great contribution. I love all of the features this lets you have. I did have one question about this though. I am looking for it to do something like this: Here. I want a large main image with smaller images underneath them. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help.

Nate

sure can. only problem is the thumb used on the product_info.php page are the same size as the thumbs used in the product lists.

just need to configure Product Image Behavior to product_info, Thumb Menu: Table alignment to center, Thumb Menu: Table location to below.

sure can. only problem is the thumb used on the product_info.php page are the same size as the thumbs used in the product lists.

just need to configure Product Image Behavior to product_info, Thumb Menu: Table alignment to center, Thumb Menu: Table location to below.

I tried that, but my images just disappear. I think the problem lies with the other contribution I installed call Product Tabs. I thought I did everything right, but I guess I need to go back to the code and look again. Any advice? :)

Nate

Has anyone made it so that admin can say that width is 100px but height is proporsjonal to the actual image size?

The default image in oscommerce has this.

if ( (CONFIG_CALCULATE_IMAGE_SIZE == 'true') && (empty($width) || empty($height)) ) {

if ($image_size = @getimagesize($src)) {

if (empty($width) && tep_not_null($height)) {

$ratio = $height / $image_size[1];

$width = $image_size[0] * $ratio;

} elseif (tep_not_null($width) && empty($height)) {

$ratio = $width / $image_size[0];

$height = $image_size[1] * $ratio;

} elseif (empty($width) && empty($height)) {

$width = $image_size[0];

$height = $image_size[1];

}

} elseif (IMAGE_REQUIRED == 'false') {

return false;

}

}

Edited by melhaa

Has anyone made it so that admin can say that width is 100px but height is proporsjonal to the actual image size?

The default image in oscommerce has this.

if ( (CONFIG_CALCULATE_IMAGE_SIZE == 'true') && (empty($width) || empty($height)) ) {

if ($image_size = @getimagesize($src)) {

if (empty($width) && tep_not_null($height)) {

$ratio = $height / $image_size[1];

$width = $image_size[0] * $ratio;

} elseif (tep_not_null($width) && empty($height)) {

$ratio = $width / $image_size[0];

$height = $image_size[1] * $ratio;

} elseif (empty($width) && empty($height)) {

$width = $image_size[0];

$height = $image_size[1];

}

} elseif (IMAGE_REQUIRED == 'false') {

return false;

}

}

I thnk you are in the wrong topic. Additional Images is not concerned with that function.

I know that its not a part of additional images now, but how to get this function merged into additional images is what I'm asking.

you don't need that function changed. If you use AI as it is intended, you can define the image size in the Admin -> Configuratoin -> Images. AI will proportionally resize images as you upload them, and there is a utility to resize any images already in the shop, or imported through some other means such as EasyPopulate. Or you can upload images resized by you without AI resizing them. And, of course, this is described in the readme also.

maybe you should start with describing how you are using it and what it is precisely that makes you think it isn't working as described in the readme.

Hello Guys !

I am stuck with this contribution.

Problem: I've installed everything correctly, but images does not show on product info page at all, although I can find them created in my images directory.The only picture is shown is one which I upload when create a product. Also, when I add additional image in admin panel, it shows me that the product has 2 images, but only in admin.

What can be the solution? Server is fully compatible with all requirements for contribution and OSCMAX.

I really appreciate your help,

Thanks.

Hello Guys !

I am stuck with this contribution.

Problem: I've installed everything correctly, but images does not show on product info page at all, although I can find them created in my images directory.The only picture is shown is one which I upload when create a product. Also, when I add additional image in admin panel, it shows me that the product has 2 images, but only in admin.

What can be the solution? Server is fully compatible with all requirements for contribution and OSCMAX.

I really appreciate your help,

Thanks.

post or PM me a link to a product that has additional images on the shop.

Just installed this contribution on RC2a along side STS and Header Tags. All of the admin functions seem to work properly other than 'no file uploaded' errors for empty image boxes.

The problem I'm having is when I click enlarge image and expect lightbox to take over the screen. Instead lightbox loads the image about 1000px down on the page.

Anyone know what would cause this?

Thank You!

Your lightbox is being called twice.

Nate

Hi,

Is there somebody who's familiar with the error below after installing this package? Been trying for three full days now and I can't seem te get it working. A clean install didn't work either.

Object not found!

De gevraagde URL was niet gevonden op deze server. Indien u de URL manueel hebt ingevuld, gelieve uw spelling te controleren en probeer opnieuw.

Indien u van oordeel bent dat deze server in fout is, gelieve de webmaster te contacteren.

Error 404

localhost

05/04/08 11:34:33

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Tom

Hi,

Is there somebody who's familiar with the error below after installing this package? Been trying for three full days now and I can't seem te get it working. A clean install didn't work either.

Object not found!

De gevraagde URL was niet gevonden op deze server. Indien u de URL manueel hebt ingevuld, gelieve uw spelling te controleren en probeer opnieuw.

Indien u van oordeel bent dat deze server in fout is, gelieve de webmaster te contacteren.

Error 404

localhost

05/04/08 11:34:33

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Tom

Hmm, this semi-information will not give me much help: I get this message when trying to login to my admin:

http://localhost/store/catalog/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN

Thanks,

Tom

Hmm, this semi-information will not give me much help: I get this message when trying to login to my admin:

http://localhost/store/catalog/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN

Thanks,

Tom

sounds like you have over-written some files in the newest version of osCommerce. this was written for versions previous to RC1 so you can't install it by just copying files. You need to merge the files using a compare tool such as windiff or beyond compare.

this error is specific to admin/includes/filenames.php

Hi There

Only very little experience with this coding thing.

Its taken quite a while to get this far, customizing the site abit, linking to pay pal, etc

Im really keen on getting the AI facility up before i launch the site

specifically to show side and rear views of items.

Ive followed the instructions with the contrib and seem to have a degree of success -

the AI config is up and available

but im still not getting the option to add extra images on the product info pages

Im dreading starting again

any ideas

regards

Patrick

Hi There

Only very little experience with this coding thing.

Its taken quite a while to get this far, customizing the site abit, linking to pay pal, etc

Im really keen on getting the AI facility up before i launch the site

specifically to show side and rear views of items.

Ive followed the instructions with the contrib and seem to have a degree of success -

the AI config is up and available

but im still not getting the option to add extra images on the product info pages

Im dreading starting again

any ideas

regards

Patrick

maybe not looking in the right place? you don't add additional images on the product edit page, instead, look at the product preview bar on the right of the category/product lists in the admin. There should be a button called "add image" below the "edit" button in the gray side box.

maybe not looking in the right place? you don't add additional images on the product edit page, instead, look at the product preview bar on the right of the category/product lists in the admin. There should be a button called "add image" below the "edit" button in the gray side box.

Hi thanks for the response

I couldnt find any extra add images buttons.

Ive retreated to my backup and will start the contrib from scratch.

I did the compare manually

I see you recommend a tool for this.

Do I insert all the //BOFs etc straight in?

Some of them looked like they were overwrites/revisions of some of the existing code so I overwrote.

Could that be my mistake?

regards

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I am not sure if this will help you to locate where the add image button can be found, but I thought why not. I took a screenshot of my admin/catalog for you: Click Here

Do you see it on the bottom right corner below the main product image?

hope that helps!

Edited by allaboutwicker

Hi thanks for the response

I couldnt find any extra add images buttons.

Ive retreated to my backup and will start the contrib from scratch.

I did the compare manually

I see you recommend a tool for this.

Do I insert all the //BOFs etc straight in?

Some of them looked like they were overwrites/revisions of some of the existing code so I overwrote.

Could that be my mistake?

regards

Patrick

you have to make the decisions on a case by case basis. if the section of code has not been changed from another contribution, replacing is fine. I would add all the comment marks so you will know in the future something has been changed. Using a merge tool is the easiest.

• 3 weeks later...

WARNING: Major bug in RC2.2 found.

If using OsC RC2.2a , and you follow the lazy-man's approach of uploading all changed files, you will not be able to login to the admin panel.

You will receive this error:

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN was not found on this server.

The reason for the error is that the file catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php as uploaded by this contribution is an older version file that doesn't work well with OsC 2.2a.

The solution is to manually change the default RC2.2a html_output.php with the Addtional images changes.

PS- I love this contribution! Major added benefit once you get past that bug.

Edited by aspiringdeveloper