• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Additional Images Module

Parikesit

Any help with this would be appreciated..

Ive got some small errors with my install of this contrib that I hope someone can help me sort.

First one is that when it creates the path for my folders it suggests the directory structure in the wrong order.

ie, say i have Product-A in Sub-Cat-2 which is under Main-cat-1 the path for the images should be images/products/Main-cat-1/Sub-Cat-2/Product-A.jpg

instead it gives me images/products/Sub-Cat-2/Main-cat-1/Product-A.jpg

Any reason it would be doing that? if it carries on like that Ill have loads of sub categories in my product folder, each one having the main category folder inside it containing an image.

Second problem is that when it creates a folder it does so using a file permission where I can't access it using ftp or even my filemanager in my plesk control pannel. rwx --- --- is the permissions it gives the folders, This also happens if I create my own folder in filemanager first. then upload an image using additional images, the contrib changes the permissions.

My last problem is that I have quite a few images with long names as they all contain the product reference code followed by the product name, This contrib will not store an image name in the database with names anything over 17 characters, if the name is over that i.e RH-S016-GRAB-RAIL-STEP.jpg it will create an image name in the database called RH-S016-GRAB-RAIL- without a .jpg on the end, so when I look through my site I get loads of broken image links as that image dosnt exist.

Any help on those would be very very gratefully recieved :P

thanks

Any help with this would be appreciated..

The problem with the file image path being put in the opposite order has already been address earlier in this thread so you can find it in here somewhere, not sure if there was a fix for it but mine does the same thing. I dont have any idea about your permissions problem. And the problem with it cutting the name off at 17 charaters would probably have to be a setting in the database table it is being put into and can probably be changed there. Thats the best i can offer you.

I recently installed this and the admin section works fine, however the image for the pop up remains the same as the small image. They point to the same place, even though i uploaded the file and can see it in the admin section. Anyone have any ideas where i might have messed this up?

Why do you have two seperate admin sections? Are they both related to oscommerce? My guess would be that the admin pages that you were supposed to upload did not upload correctly. have you checked your server to make sure they are in the correct place?

They were both there when we created the website. I did upload each file to the right directory, and even checked three timess to make sure the files were all where they needed to be. I have uploaded the files two times, and it still will not let me past Step B.

Any other suggestions ? Thanks in advance for folks taking the time to respond.

I had the same problem and have reset the three image fields on the products table to varchar(255) seems to work, but have only tested basic upload/product display

I have now discovered I also need to change the 3 image name fields on the additional_images table to varchar(255) as well

I had install the images module today, but the products page can't display. Here is message:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: displayimages in /home/motorspo/public_html/product_info.php on line 140

Please help! I had follow all the instruction. Thanks you anyone!

I had install the images module today, but the products page can't display. Here is message:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: displayimages in /home/motorspo/public_html/product_info.php on line 140

Please help! I had follow all the instruction. Thanks you anyone!

I installed this mod today and am getting the very same message? can anyone help?

Edited by Martin153

Hi people, I'm running OsCommerce 2.2 rc 1 and I want to install "Additional Images v 2.0"

but I do not why, I'm getting this error when I try to follow point III B:

Warning: require(includes/additional_images_configure.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\additional_images_configure.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/additional_images_configure.php' (include_path='.;c:\smarty\libs') in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\additional_images_configure.php on line 28

Does anybody know something about this?

Regards.

Just installed this mod, and am not getting any error messages at all, and everthing seems to be installed in admin..but...when I add a product and try and assign images the mod doesn't work. I just get the one image.

If it helps in pointing to my problem when I set 'Automatically create 3 image set' to TRUE in config, and then go to a product and and check the 'Generate 3 image set now' (from a single image nothing happens). Also If i leave the product and return the box doesnt' stay checked!

If I set 'Automatically create 3 image set' to FALSE, and upload 3 images, I get a confirmation of images being uploaded. If I leave the product and return, my images arent displayed, and get a messge 'No image file, although the images are displayed in the right hand edit coloum and not the product?

any offers as this is driving me nuts!

Just installed this mod, and am not getting any error messages at all, and everthing seems to be installed in admin..but...when I add a product and try and assign images the mod doesn't work. I just get the one image.

If it helps in pointing to my problem when I set 'Automatically create 3 image set' to TRUE in config, and then go to a product and and check the 'Generate 3 image set now' (from a single image nothing happens). Also If i leave the product and return the box doesnt' stay checked!

If I set 'Automatically create 3 image set' to FALSE, and upload 3 images, I get a confirmation of images being uploaded. If I leave the product and return, my images arent displayed, and get a messge 'No image file, although the images are displayed in the right hand edit coloum and not the product?

any offers as this is driving me nuts!

sorry to bump this, but i'm sure it it's something simple?

ive fixed my problem with the prefill category path being the wrong way round but I'm still getting the problem with it changing the folder permissions to -rwx------ when creating or uploading to an existing folder for anything below images/products/

Anyone know what might be causing the problem? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem when trying to acces the created image sub-category directories?

For anyone else with the prefill problem with the main category being added after the subcategory in the path, heres the fix so you dont have to trawl through 20 forum pages looking for the answer

look in admin/categories.php for: (two places)

$category_path_pieces = explode(' > ',tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id));
	  foreach ($category_path_pieces as $tkey => $piece) {
		$category_path_pieces[$tkey] = tep_catname_to_dir($piece);
	  }

replace with: (both times)

$category_path_pieces_tmp = explode(' > ',tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id));
	  $category_path_pieces = array();
	  for ($i=sizeof($category_path_pieces_tmp)-1; $i >= 0; $i--) {
		$category_path_pieces[] = tep_catname_to_dir($category_path_pieces_tmp[$i]);
	  }

Edited by Rochdalemark

hi all.

love this mod, lifts the site above the rest of the shops and gives the customer plenty to look at and do.

i have just found the answer to 2 problems that i was having, the directory reversal problem and the filename length problem. this just leaves the last one.

i have images that i want to display quite large on the screen (800 by ????) preserving the aspect ratio of the image. some of the images come out at 800x559 etc, and others at 800x1222 etc. the problem is that when the image loads into the pop up window, and has a size of 800x1222 i dont get a scroll bar at the side of the window to look at the bottom part of the screen, and thus cant select any other images, or see the botom of the one that brought up the window.

i could set the vertical size to 600 when i re size the image, but that would loose detail (width would be close to 400)

any one got any ideas of how to get the scroll bar to come up (i dont think that its a firefox setting as most other sites with large image sizes have it, but i have found a couple that it didnt happen on)

some help on this would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

Hello,

When I try to upload an image in additional images module the explorer returns me the following error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/_/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 402

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/_/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 55

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/_/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 58

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/_/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 62

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/_/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 63

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') values)' at line 1

insert into additional_images) values)

Do you know whats happen?

Thank you

hi,

I've just installed this contribution and have quite a few errors coming up:

When I go to the Admin/Catalog section of my site I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 77

Heres my categories.php file for you: http://discountmania.co.uk/categoriesHELP.txt

When I go to Admin/Customers I get this message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id from customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname limit 0, 20 limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

When I go to Admin/Locations/Taxes I get this message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select countries_id, countries_name, countries_iso_code_2, countries_iso_code_3, address_format_id from countries order by countries_name limit 0, 20 limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

If I click Admin/Localization I get this message:

select currencies_id, title, code, symbol_left, symbol_right, decimal_point, thousands_point, decimal_places, last_updated, value from currencies order by title limit 0, 20 limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

When I go to Admin/Reports I get this error message:

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_viewed, l.name from products p, products_description pd, languages l where p.products_id = pd.products_id and l.languages_id = pd.language_id order by pd.products_viewed DESC limit 0, 20 limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

And finally, when i actually click on a product to view its prodict_info.php page I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/discoun/public_html/product_info.php on line 486

any help is appreciated,

Edited by Benjjj6

hi all.

just to let you know that all is sorted out now.

if you want to get a scroll bar in the pop up window so that you can use pictures that are larger than the screen area its a simple mod to do.

go to popup_add_image.php and edit

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,

resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=15

0,left=150')

}

to set scrollbars to yes.

go to product_info.php and do the same.

thats it, nice and easy.

hope this helps someone.

i managed to solve the "unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW" problem by changing )); to ), in the code although now it says

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/discoun/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 373

my categories file is uploaded here fo you http://discountmania.co.uk/categorieshelp.txt"" target="_blank"> http://discountmania.co.uk/categorieshelp.txt

how can i fix the other problems im having?

thanks

Hi people, I'm running OsCommerce 2.2 rc 1 and I want to install "Additional Images v 2.0"

but I do not why, I'm getting this error when I try to follow point III B:

Warning: require(includes/additional_images_configure.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\additional_images_configure.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/additional_images_configure.php' (include_path='.;c:\smarty\libs') in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\additional_images_configure.php on line 28

Does anybody know something about this?

Regards.

I have exactly the same problem.

does someone have the solution ??

PS : my Server is PHP 5

Thanks

Edited by tanglung

I have exactly the same problem.

does someone have the solution ??

PS : my Server is PHP 5

Thanks

Hey tanglung,

I'm not sure when you DL the contribution but on Jul 27th someone (acingo64) made a contribution for people with osc 2.2 rc1. He basically edited the "filed to compare" folder of surfalot's contribution. Check it out. I don't know if it will work because I am not using RC1. But I bet you can talk with acinfo64 about it since it seems to be working for him.

ive fixed my problem with the prefill category path being the wrong way round but I'm still getting the problem with it changing the folder permissions to -rwx------ when creating or uploading to an existing folder for anything below images/products/

Anyone know what might be causing the problem? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem when trying to acces the created image sub-category directories?

For anyone else with the prefill problem with the main category being added after the subcategory in the path, heres the fix so you dont have to trawl through 20 forum pages looking for the answer

Thanks for this info! It really helped out. As for the varchar question you posted before, I'm assuming you have MySQL 4.0 or higher. In versions 4.0 and 4.1 the maximum number is 255... so pick the length you want. I'm not too sure about 5.0 +, but I think I read somewhere that the limit is in the hundred thousands, so you can really have fun with it. Just check the mysql site and do a search for 'mysql 5.0 + varchar'.

I did have a question for you about the varchar. On what table in the database are you making the changes? I'm just asking because I may need to so the same.

-Alain

JUST WANTED TO TAKE A SEC AND THANK SURFALOT FOR HIS DEDICATION TO HELPING US! THANKS FOR THE TIME AND ENERGY BRO. I HAVEN'T HAD TO POST A QUESTION BECAUSE YOU'VE ADDRESSED MY PROBLEMS IN RESPONSES TO OTHER PEOPLE, BUT JUST KNOW THAT YOU'VE HELPED YET ANOTHER PERSON FROM LOSING ALL THEIR HAIR! :)

-Alain

Ok, I figured out my other problem i had a few lines missing from the mod. However, I have a new problem. The pop ups work, but they do not resize to the size of the image. The width does change size a little(but not to the size of the image, however the height doesn't move. Is there someplace i an adjust this so it dynamically changes the width and height of the popup with the width and height of th image?