• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple boxes/weights for 1 product

ffl

Is there a method or add/on to have multiple boxes and weights for 1 product.

I have products that need to be put together/assembled and the boxes are of different weights and sizes.

I think I am going to build a shipping box table and get the weights from it. However the main problem will be getting the ups or fedex costs on each box.

I could build a table of ups zones and determine the costs from the table. Those tables are available from UPS

Any suggestions.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

is there someone out there that can help me understand the process of how the UPS module figures the costs.

I have multiple boxes per product that need to have the costs figured per box and then added together for a total on the shipping page.

I have a file set up that tells the weights of each box for each product. I have a function that reads the shopping cart and gets the weights for the products in the cart.

However I can't seem to figure out where in the ups.php or shipping.php or other program where to insert the code to get the individual costs of each box. Or what function gets the cost.

Thanks

David